100% no chance at all

ImageImageImage
Shooshmeister

Re: 100% no chance at all

Post by Shooshmeister » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 10:27 pm

Storm have been beaten before people, it may or may not be the Wests Tigers, but they can be beaten. If we do loose, I hope we keep the margin under 10, that would be great, or a win, either way.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 12:30 am

Storm have been very impressive this year but the Broncos did expose a couple of defensive frailties.

The Tigers were $6 head to head so I put $10 on them. There is that feeling that we have been totally not considered so just maybe we can cause an upset.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 6:19 am

The best thing we have going for us is the hope the storm underestimate us. Not usually their style but it's the best I can come up with at this point in time.

I'm not expecting a win, but knock over the storm and we're 3 and 2 and full of confidence so plenty to play for.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 10:25 am

Tbone wrote:The best thing we have going for us is the hope the storm underestimate us. Not usually their style but it's the best I can come up with at this point in time.

I'm not expecting a win, but knock over the storm and we're 3 and 2 and full of confidence so plenty to play for.
We beat them on their turf last year while there names where out for Origin... They wont be underestimating us and will be looking for redemption to set their Home Record Straight!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 10:33 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Only someone with severe mental health issues would give us a chance this week. Anything can happen, yes, but it would have to be a minor miracle.
Fortunately I am a card carrying nutjob. Tigers by 30.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 1:21 pm

Tigers and Gillard have a lot in common--both no chance.

In years gone by their has been a few upsets a round for the first few months, this year cant think of game that you could call a upset except maybe the Dragons last week.

Massive gap between the top few teams and the rest and the gap gets bigger the further you go down the table.

Sorry without the Storm having two send offs we are in for a long night

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 5:50 pm

MacDougall wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Only someone with severe mental health issues would give us a chance this week. Anything can happen, yes, but it would have to be a minor miracle.
Fortunately I am a card carrying nutjob. Tigers by 30.
Yeah, me too I guess - Tigers to win, but not by 30! A little less of a nutjob maybe?

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 6:56 pm

I remember my friend had a multi which was gonna swing him $400 off a $10 dollar bet. He got everything right except a game between the dragons and (i think) storm. Dragons at 5.50, storm at 1.10. He had chucked on storm as an easy win but the dragons won, loses the bet. Hoping my team can piss off just as many TAB customers this week as happened then!! :sign:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

LCA

Post by LCA » Fri 05 Apr, 2013 7:09 pm

supercoach wrote:Tigers and Gillard have a lot in common--both no chance.

In years gone by their has been a few upsets a round for the first few months, this year cant think of game that you could call a upset except maybe the Dragons last week.

Massive gap between the top few teams and the rest and the gap gets bigger the further you go down the table.

I think they do have a lot in common. I know PM Gillard is strong, resilient, tough, determined and intelligent The difference is in their opponents. In Melbourne Storm, the Tigers have a proven record of performance at the highest levels that they have to overcome. In Abbott and co, PM Gillard just has to remind us all how policy weak, sexist, racist, elitist, stupid, arrogant, divisive and ridiculous they are. Anyone with an IQ level above zero would know that. I expect PM Gillard will win. I hope the Tigers do.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sat 06 Apr, 2013 12:41 am

Warriors beating Cowboys and coming within 2 of Roosters.
Penrith almost beating Souths.
Broncos nearly beating Melbourne.
Dragons beating Sharks.
Titans beating Manly.
Newcastle smashing Cowboys.

No team in the competition is invincible and upsets/near upsets show this.

I think it's alright to have some doubt in us winning this one, but to completely write us off and accept the loss before we've even played is plain silly. You only have to look at what's happened in 4 rounds to realize that.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 3:29 pm

Anthism wrote:

Warriors beating Cowboys and coming within 2 of Roosters.
Penrith almost beating Souths.
Broncos nearly beating Melbourne.
Dragons beating Sharks.
Titans beating Manly.
Newcastle smashing Cowboys.

No team in the competition is invincible and upsets/near upsets show this.

I think it's alright to have some doubt in us winning this one, but to completely write us off and accept the loss before we've even played is plain silly.
You only have to look at what's happened in 4 rounds to realize that.

LOL what silly examples were any of those things that happen at $6 to win??
Cowgirls never win away from home
Knights seem to be on and off no big deal, titans always beat Many dragons sharks could have gone either way Panthesr DIDN"T win shoulda coulda woulda didn't same with Broncos
I heard today this is the longest odds the wests tigers have ever been at in history. Seems I am not the person who is being realistic

LaT

Post by LaT » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 4:25 pm

"100% no chance at all" isn't being realistic, its hyperbole at its finest.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 4:42 pm

You're a 50% chance just by running on to the pitch. I don't expect us to win, but to say it's impossible is simply not true.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

FARANGALANG

Post by FARANGALANG » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 5:08 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:You're a 50% chance just by running on to the pitch. I don't expect us to win, but to say it's impossible is simply not true.
Will you give me even money on the storm then.

playingtime

Post by playingtime » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 6:52 pm

LaT wrote:"100% no chance at all" isn't being realistic, its hyperbole at its finest.
Hmmmmm

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 7:38 pm

pHyR3 wrote:I remember my friend had a multi which was gonna swing him $400 off a $10 dollar bet. He got everything right except a game between the dragons and (i think) storm. Dragons at 5.50, storm at 1.10. He had chucked on storm as an easy win but the dragons won, loses the bet. Hoping my team can piss off just as many TAB customers this week as happened then!! :sign:
mate. i should have written a story about my near multi wins.

my biggest near miss had 8 legs (must have been about a year or two ago now).

over that weekend i had a first try scorer into a margin, into a line over/under double + a number of others. went into the monday morning with 7/7. it was a dream run. it was paying $5,500 if i got it. my last leg was miami to be the first team to 20 points in the first quarter. they had been starting games well and fading late. i was on the train to work checking my phone for live scores frantically. it was 19-5 with 6 minutes to go in the quarter. miami were up. i hit the tunnell and lost reception, didnt even bother checking it again until about an hour later. i was already making plans for my money. boom - they lost the quarter 21-19.

Meevinman

Post by Meevinman » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 1:01 am

LaT wrote:"100% no chance at all" isn't being realistic, its hyperbole at its finest.
Hmm you have a point.

Lets mark it down to 99% then, shall we?

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 2:40 pm

Well I guess their is a chance that in the warm up Cronk Slater and Smith all pull a hammy and they are down to 14 players for the rest of the game. that leave sit to 99.9% of a chance of a win!