Buchanan

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Buchanan

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 9:57 pm

How good is this kid? We struck gold, what a steal. I don't think its too outrageous to say he isn't to far behind where Woods was when he came into fg

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:06 pm

dont agree actually.. he looks a bit lost out there today, couldnt dent the defense at all. hope gavet or groat come back quickly.. imo this kid is gonna run out of gas VERYY SOON.

reduce his workload, then i think i agree with you GNR. this guy can be bloody awesome. runs straight and hard, with footwork at the line.. built like j bromwich as well
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:06 pm

To have found 2 props at that age who have stepped straight into a first grade side and perform like they do...its just about unheard of.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:10 pm

Buchanan is just getting better. He has plenty of room to improve but he is doing such an admirable job at the moment already a few games into first grade.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:13 pm

tig_prmz wrote:dont agree actually.. he looks a bit lost out there today, couldnt dent the defense at all. hope gavet or groat come back quickly.. imo this kid is gonna run out of gas VERYY SOON.

reduce his workload, then i think i agree with you GNR. this guy can be bloody awesome. runs straight and hard, with footwork at the line.. built like j bromwich as well
Not sure what game you were watching the kid is the real deal and he played great. Just because he did not dent the Melbourne line when they were fresh is because Melbourne spent the last 9 days working on their defense.
He is a champion player and I only hope he can convince Jack Stockwell to move across from the Dragons!

Woods, Galloway, Buchanan and Stockwell, I can only hope.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Easy Tiger.

Post by Easy Tiger. » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:24 pm

This Kid has been Impressive.
NO 1 QLD TIGERS SUPPORTER.....

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:33 pm

Buchanan, was the best out their tonight,last week I thought he had run out of gas and was going to fade out of first grade as quickly as he arrived,but tonight he was great and looked better than Woods.

For the first time in years I see a pack of forwards with some attitude,I like it

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:34 pm

The kid was good tonight....miles ahead of where Groat was at the same time.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:35 pm

tig_prmz wrote:dont agree actually.. he looks a bit lost out there today, couldnt dent the defense at all. hope gavet or groat come back quickly.. imo this kid is gonna run out of gas VERYY SOON.

Not sure what game you were watching mate, but you should have seen the one on fox..... it had a kid called Buchannan as well who had a cracker.

Dented the line plenty, high workrate and kept it up the whole game.... Or did you just think it was opposites day? /sarcasm... This was the first game where he actually did start bending the line -seriously, be more wrong.

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:45 pm

Congrats to the recruiters who we have hammered, they got this one right. What a signing, if he doesn't burn out, he has plaenty of good solid years ahead of him. Tigers need to lock him and woods up on long term contracts, and if thompson plays the same over the next couple of weeks, lock him up too. Get onto that Mr Humphreys, Stat! Well done to him, it must be hard playing prop and to do it strating prop. Welcome to the big time Mr Buchanan.

Get him to text stockwell!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:46 pm

Our props are really good and if Potter chooses the backrow wisely we have a good forward pack. Our pack if we get the right players on the field is really solid.

Buchanan is a gun,

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:47 pm

Know a bloke who grew up with him....total ledge he reckons

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:49 pm

I was wrong Thought he seemed to be struggling with the week to week grind , but when you finally have a back row that looks like it could run through a cobweb it makes the props jobs at lot easier

We need to upgrade his contract asap , imagine when he gets some drive in those legs

Woods Mark II

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:02 pm

Agree, lack a little leg drive, but he can work on that,......when he gets a break.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:10 pm

Its all about perspective. If galloway was doing what he was doing, i wiuld be highly disappointed. However For what he is being asked to do, for a kid of his experience he is ten fold ahead of where he should be. we really can't ask anymore of him, however he will be much better coming off the bench and only being asked to play 25-30mins. Defineitaly a great signing (Payten brought him to the club btw) and looks to have a great future ahead of him...hopefully with us!

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:13 pm

I reckon Buchanan is holding his own even when compared to 10 year players. Obviously no where near Tamou/Scott or anything, but if you had a 29 year old ~150 game player doing what he does, you would be happy as long as you weren't paying marquee dollars.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 5:01 am

You didn't watch the game did you?
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

willow

Post by willow » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:46 am

He was good last night that's for sure. Yeah, his leg drive isn't the same as Woods, but give it 2 or 3 years and he'll be bigger and stronger and possibly being talked about for rep teams IMO.