Buchanan

ImageImageImage
alex

Buchanan

Post by alex » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:52 am

I tweeted the other day saying I hoped Buchanan could have a little word in Jack de Belin's ear to get him to the Tigers as he's too good to be playing NSW Cup for the Dragons. Said he'd love for his good mate to play alongside him and agreed he should be in first grade 100%. Here's hoping!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 8:04 am

Considering his age and form we have the makings of something special with our young forwards

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 9:40 am

sounds like i was wrong.. i still dont think he was denting the line, lacked leg drive and when he hit the line he got stopped immediately.

i'll pay more attention next game then.

but as i said.. he has all the attributes to be a great prop.. he is fearless that's for sure
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 11:41 am

I thought he was pretty good last night I agree with an earlier post in that he seems to be a steal of a signing,and being so young will more than likely get better think he is a big part of the future with woodsy

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 1:41 pm

Agreed - when we first signed him I thought it was a great coup. He's got a fantastic off load too, if we had a fullback in support. I remember one of his last games with the Dragons Toyota Cup side ... he made a terrific break up the middle and gave a beautiful off load to his FB for a great try.
Look out for Gavet too, when he gets back. Another young prop with a great future.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 2:23 pm

He has been consistantly impressive since he's debut. Woods and Jack look to be our long term front rowers.
He has been the suprise packet for this season for me although Thompson was even more impressive in his debut (we'll see how consistant he can over 5 rounds).
So much improvement to come for Buchanan as well.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 3:48 pm

i think potter should get some credit with the management of him so far this season.
hasn't asked too much of him in the starting role.
started of mid 40mins playing time,cut him back to 33 against manly and then 38 last night.

he is hanging in there and showing a good solid base to build upon.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 5:07 pm

Been very good this year, great engine.

He doesnt carry the ball as well as woods, (which is a high benchmark for a 20 yo prop)

I think that he will have the odd down time, but is doing a great job.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 6:57 pm

tig_prmz wrote:sounds like i was wrong.. i still dont think he was denting the line, lacked leg drive and when he hit the line he got stopped immediately.

i'll pay more attention next game then.

but as i said.. he has all the attributes to be a great prop.. he is fearless that's for sure
I saw him carry defenders. Draws men into the tackle too, would be great if he could develop an offload. Nonetheless he's getting good minutes in the top league and this will all only help his confidence and his motor.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 6:59 pm

What a player we got for the next 2 years will only get better.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:04 pm

His best game so far and it was against the best opposition. Thats good enough for ne
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:20 pm

I agree we have poached a goodun in young Buchanan.

Tig prmz...you must remember he is 20 and in only his 5th game. 20 year old props with the odd exception spend their time in first grade as cannon fodder from the bench before disappearing for a few years to build up. This bloke is holding his own and his defence is really strong and he is doing it as a starting prop.

I have been really surprised with him and am excited that we may have unearthed another Woods already. Quite incredible really....

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 10:40 pm

dont know about another woods but hes been playing great footy and he did make 100 metres and 27 tackles so thats good going.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 1:28 am

He isn't quite a Woods but he is the next best thing.
Really excited to see him develop throughout this year and his career. There is real pressure on big Keith when he gets back.

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 11:08 am

What I meant was that we seem to have unearthed another young forward who is playing well above his years. He is playing in the toughest position on the field in the toughest comp in the world at such a tender age and is holding his own. It is rare.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 4:18 pm

stryker wrote:What I meant was that we seem to have unearthed another young forward who is playing well above his years. He is playing in the toughest position on the field in the toughest comp in the world at such a tender age and is holding his own. It is rare.
This.

And i wasn't saying he was as good as Woods, just saying he's not too far behind where Woods was when he came into fg

willow

Post by willow » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 8:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
stryker wrote:What I meant was that we seem to have unearthed another young forward who is playing well above his years. He is playing in the toughest position on the field in the toughest comp in the world at such a tender age and is holding his own. It is rare.
This.

And i wasn't saying he was as good as Woods, just saying he's not too far behind where Woods was when he came into fg
Agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he progresses over the next couple of years once he puts on another 3-5kg and gets stronger. I think we could have one of the stronger front row combos in Woods and Buchanan in 2-3 years time.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 12 Apr, 2013 1:31 pm

stryker wrote:I agree we have poached a goodun in young Buchanan.

Tig prmz...you must remember he is 20 and in only his 5th game. 20 year old props with the odd exception spend their time in first grade as cannon fodder from the bench before disappearing for a few years to build up. This bloke is holding his own and his defence is really strong and he is doing it as a starting prop.

I have been really surprised with him and am excited that we may have unearthed another Woods already. Quite incredible really....
havent noticed him in defense at all, which is probably a good thing LOL

i will certainly pay more attention to him now.. i just thought whenever he hit the line, he stopped.. a lot like pettybourne. was struggling to make metres after impact. this wasnt happening in the first couple of rounds where he was making metres at will.

a lot of people are saying he was constantly bending the line, i didnt quite seen that last couple of rounds against bigger packs.

i know he's only 20 and positively, he is only gonna get better from here.. he's a bright future indeed, BUT last couple of weeks, he has lacked impact.. that's all i wanted to say.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble