Why we were never winning this game

ImageImageImage
smoking gun

Why we were never winning this game

Post by smoking gun » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:19 pm

Normally i don't make excuses but the refs killed us tonight and IMO it was pre-meditated. Why? How could we ruin the blockbuster for next week in Souths v storm. We were never gonna win, the refs made sure of it. Terrible decisions made all night by them.

Conspiracy? Not really, it was evident, our boys played their hearts out tonight and got screwed. We couldn't mess up the agenda.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:21 pm

Tin foil is in aisle 4 next to the Windex.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:25 pm

U don't think we got screwed? Have a look at the last penalty to put the game beyond reach. We were refereed out of the game through incompetence. Jason Robinson is the worst ref in the league along with suttor. We were screwed from half time onwards. We weren't meant to win

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:30 pm

Just got back from AAMI Park and am very disappointed our blokes played so well up to half time but to be in crowd in the second half and have to see Wests Tigers slip away and have to put up with the referring became tooo much. I agree the standard of referreeing was very poor watching the game live it may have been different watching on TV when you can have a better look at whether the refs are fair or not but at the ground it appeared very one sided. Couple this with a couple of Blair's silly plays and mistakes by our outside backs and it made what was looking good at half time turn into a disappointment at full time. What typified Robinson's attitude for me was in the second half when storm were attacking our try line and Farah questioned the ref and he told Farah to go off and fix the cut on his head what a joke, it was a trickle he wiped it with a towel and was back on in a few seconds but to exert his authority because his decision making was being questioned he tried to remove Farah out of the game.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:34 pm

Pink P#%fs!
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:36 pm

Refs were poor but we did not play for 80.

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:36 pm

Hope Anderson looks over this tape, the Pettybournes try was a try, and Moltzen looked like he held the storm guy up? Won't be seeing these two refs for a couple of weeks.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:37 pm

smoking gun wrote:U don't think we got screwed? Have a look at the last penalty to put the game beyond reach. We were refereed out of the game through incompetence. Jason Robinson is the worst ref in the league along with suttor. We were screwed from half time onwards. We weren't meant to win
As a one eyed Tigers fan sure.

But I think we copped some 50/50 calls both for and against us.

Honestly, Storm didn't get anything more from the refs then we normally do when playing at Leichhardt Oval.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:45 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Refs were poor but we did not play for 80.

OK.....give us a 14-7 penalty count and see if the Storm play for 80.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:48 pm

True, but any team would be gone after that penalty count.

We scored off a forward pass, but other than that all the calls went Melbourne's way IMO. Still not too disappointed, tonight showed what we are capable of.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:52 pm

simonthetiger wrote:

OK.....give us a 14-7 penalty count and see if the Storm play for 80.
Listen to Potter's press conference. He sums it up best.

The officiating was poor but we need to improve.

I am over the moon with the effort tonight, but we needed to be absolutely perfect to win to tonight, we weren't.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:07 pm

It wasnt just the penalties..it was a the 50/50s as well......the Hoffman knock on,the Tedesco knock on,Moltzen knock on.....

The BMM no try assist,and the shoulder charge where he used his arms.....the reffing was a disgrace...hometown to the max.Hoipe we get the samne clowns at LO and get a 14-7 and every 50/50...we will win by 23.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:12 pm

With the blinkers off, I thought BMM pass to Marshall for the try was "marginal" to put it nicely, though I thought the Storm were given the same call on a try.

Apart from that yeah I felt robbed of a try, and Storm gifted one off Moltzens boot. That said 80 mins of play would have meant we didnt leak 2 soft tries...

If you need to rely on the refs to get you over the line, you are doing it wrong.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:19 pm

we showed hunger, aggression and pride tonight. Sure we didn't show it for 80 minutes, but it takes small steps to climb a mountain.

The signs are positive.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:29 pm

[quote="Black'n'White" That said 80 mins of play would have meant we didnt leak 2 soft tries...

.[/quote]

You can end the thread right there. We went 6 up to 6 down in two sets. Good teams overcome dud decisions while average to crap teams dwell on them and get their heads off the game.

Benji scored a try versus parra because parra dwelled on a decision. I'm sure parra players thought it was a tough call but you wouldnt see melb concede a try like that,

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:41 pm

I always try to watch the game and call it without bias but i thought we had the wrong side of the refs tonight.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:42 pm

i hate trying to explain this argument with people who say 'if u need the refs you arent doing it right' or 'tigers didnt play 80 minutes.

the tigers couldnt play 80 minutes becaused they were forced to defend back to back to back.we should have been up 12-6 after petty bourne scored and it would have likely been momentum shift at that time. we scored again after it, which in theory, makes it 18-6. all of a sudden, we have them on the ropes.

decisions like blairs leg pull, blair touching a guy on the shoulder with his pinky and a 100kg storm player falling lick a sack of potatoes to the ground (slater also did something similar first half) etc etc. they usually are over looked, but storm got those penalties tonight.

we were reffed out of it. i am disappointed... but im also optimistic. we looked good.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:43 pm

The refereeing was s*** for the first 60mins but i could put that down t incompetence and human error. The last 20 mins, or the general period of time after Benji's try the Storm were given a glut of penalties and other decisions go there way and the Tigers go nothing. Case in point was when Woods was penalised for not being square, then a few set later Ayshford or maybe Farah got tackled by a Storm defender who wasnt square.

It seemed like a deliberate ploy to get Storm the win.

Following from this was the final penalty for the shoulder charge to go to 26 points and thus 14 up (13+ result for the Storm). It really does smell like match fixing. People don't like conspiracies but you better believe it could happen.