Why we were never winning this game

ImageImageImage
LaT

Re: Why we were never winning this game

Post by LaT » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:44 pm

Bodene got away without a penalty after hitting Widdop right before we went the length of the field scored our first try.

It goes both ways.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Meevinman

Post by Meevinman » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:52 pm

It goes both ways but how many times more did it go theirs?

Although we DID have a massive chance to even things up when Benji threw a shocker to Ayshfords wing, there are no excuses for poor execution, very reminiscent of games past where we had chances to come back from being behind due to bad reffing decisions but they ended up being their own worst enemy.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:55 pm

LaT wrote:Bodene got away without a penalty after hitting Widdop right before we went the length of the field scored our first try.

It goes both ways.
it was ok. it was normal contact, he cant just disappear or stop making a tackle.

bad example.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:56 pm

that was for Joel, not Blake....

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:56 pm

"It goes both ways but how many times more did it go theirs?"

No more then most home ground teams get. We certain get the majority of calls at Leichhardt Oval.
TigPies till I die!

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:59 pm

LaT wrote:"It goes both ways but how many times more did it go theirs?"

No more then most home ground teams get. We certain get the majority of calls at Leichhardt Oval.
come on mate.
it was piss poor tonight.
we played melbourne out of it, they were only let back in because of bad calls.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 12:07 am

simonthetiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Refs were poor but we did not play for 80.

OK.....give us a 14-7 penalty count and see if the Storm play for 80.
You beat me to it. Very hard to say the tigers gassed out when they had 14 penalties awarded against them, most in the 2nd half.

My biggest gripe in RL in the modern age is that penalties can so easily decide a match. I watched the game twice and quite a few of those penalties were not warranted or marginal at best.

Talk about killing a good match. 21 penalties in 80 mins is more than a penalty every 4 mins!

LaT

Post by LaT » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 12:09 am

mtd wrote:
LaT wrote:Bodene got away without a penalty after hitting Widdop right before we went the length of the field scored our first try.

It goes both ways.
it was ok. it was normal contact, he cant just disappear or stop making a tackle.

bad example.
Its a fine example, a 50/50 call that had it went Storms way might have seen them score and take the lead, but instead we capitalised and went the length of the field and scored.

I agree the right call was made, but you are kidding yourself if you think it wasn't 50/50.
TigPies till I die!

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 12:14 am

LaT wrote:
mtd wrote:

It goes both ways.

bad example.
Its a fine example, a 50/50 call that had it went Storms way might have seen them score and take the lead, but instead we capitalised and went the length of the field and scored.

I agree the right call was made, but you are kidding yourself if you think it wasn't 50/50.
it wasnt. it was clear cut play on. would be happy if marshall was tackled the same way. players cannot disappear and should only be penalised for intentional late contact.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 2:07 am

IMO all tries were fair game.

It's the penalties for discipline which got slightly out of hand. And most penalties were consecutive in the 20-m zone which never helped anyone.

Poor refereeing but Potter got it spot on "we need to improve"

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 2:09 am

Tbone wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Refs were poor but we did not play for 80.

OK.....give us a 14-7 penalty count and see if the Storm play for 80.
You beat me to it. Very hard to say the tigers gassed out when they had 14 penalties awarded against them, most in the 2nd half.

My biggest gripe in RL in the modern age is that penalties can so easily decide a match. I watched the game twice and quite a few of those penalties were not warranted or marginal at best.

Talk about killing a good match. 21 penalties in 80 mins is more than a penalty every 4 mins!
Shame that 20-30 years ago games like tonight would see maybe 5-6 penalties altogether.

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 3:55 am

I cannot believe people actually think there is an organised conspiracy for or against any team. Do you honesty believe the refs all sit down at he start of the week and decide who is going to win or loose. Seriously?

Bad calls went both ways last night and home crowd got the storm a few extra. That's footy suck it up, deal with it and keep tackling.

To suggest the refs cheated and fabricated a result on purpose is paranoid lunacy.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 6:55 am

The glamour teams of the day always get the rub of the green...always have. The defensive performance by the Tigers was huge I was amazed at the commitment of the team with that run of penalties.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:06 am

Hey frank has your head been in the sand the last 12 months? Match fixing is rampant in all sports what makes u think nrl is no different? The penalty favouritism was easily for the storm. Same happened for Souths when they got behind Sunday v warriors.

Like I said that last penalty with 5-6 mins left IMO proved it. Iced the game storm couldn't lose from there

As for Bodenes tackle all he did was brace himself he didn't extend himself to put the hit on was never gonna be a penalty.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:13 am

I thought it ws hilarious,considering the amount of shoulder charges that have gone unnoticed,that we get pinged for one when it is obvious he used his arms.

Stunning decision.....one of many that had me completely baffled.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:18 am

mtd wrote:
LaT wrote:"It goes both ways but how many times more did it go theirs?"

come on mate.
it was piss poor tonight.
we played melbourne out of it, they were only let back in because of bad calls.
We lost and maybe we lose without the bad calls going against us but we copped it out there. The Pettybourne decision was total crud and was a pretty important call.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:20 am

Frank the tank wrote:I cannot believe people actually think there is an organised conspiracy for or against any team. Do you honesty believe the refs all sit down at he start of the week and decide who is going to win or loose. Seriously?

Bad calls went both ways last night and home crowd got the storm a few extra. That's footy suck it up, deal with it and keep tackling.

To suggest the refs cheated and fabricated a result on purpose is paranoid lunacy.
I agree with you 100%. There was no conspiracy or anything of the sort. The calls out there though were pretty bad and we copped it.

alex

Post by alex » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:54 am

We lacked discipline. We can't play for 80minutes and we can't put a game away. Simple. I agreed with every penalty the ref blew. The only dubious call was the Pettybourne try