Injury, a blessing in disguise...

ImageImageImage
Black'n'White

Injury, a blessing in disguise...

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:32 pm

For the most part, extensive injury tolls have hurt our team for a while now. Today we saw the potential of our players. Maybe Harrys hand was forced to an extent, it obviously has been, but tonight we saw the depth in the club. I feel that alot of questions were answered tonight.

Tedesco was solid. Left fringe was tightened up without Miller. Lawrence still proven to make poor defensive reads, cost a try and was saved by Braith on multiple occasions. Benji's sore toe meant a more astute kicking game, though still far from perfect. Screw the big name signings, the kids are doing us an amazing service and should be our priority rather than out-sourcing. Those mohawks, they were all about a seige mentality we needed, they were a pack of sharks working hard for each other.

Tonight was proof that a bunch of guys with a bit of ticker understood the script and gave it their all could roll with the big dogs. If we had the rub of the green we won that, though no need to whine. The mentality we rocked up tonight with, if ingrained, will take the luck out of it. Very proud of them all.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:35 pm

Lawrence is our lame duck in defence

How many times does he have to get caught out on his heels catching gusts of wind as they pass by

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:39 pm

Agree with the OP completely, it's all about attitude and we came out firing tonight. Very impressed with Thompson, BMM, pettybourne, woods & the new kid

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:47 pm

Our attitude was awesome tonight. Some aggressive defence that was GREAT to see.

I feel for Lawrence. I love the guy, but he's becoming a liability. Such a shame that he had the injury. Heard he's signed until 2016 too..

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:48 pm

Black'n'White wrote:For the most part, extensive injury tolls have hurt our team for a while now. Today we saw the potential of our players. Maybe Harrys hand was forced to an extent, it obviously has been, but tonight we saw the depth in the club. I feel that alot of questions were answered tonight.

Tedesco was solid. Left fringe was tightened up without Miller. Lawrence still proven to make poor defensive reads, cost a try and was saved by Braith on multiple occasions. Benji's sore toe meant a more astute kicking game, though still far from perfect. Screw the big name signings, the kids are doing us an amazing service and should be our priority rather than out-sourcing. Those mohawks, they were all about a seige mentality we needed, they were a pack of sharks working hard for each other.

Tonight was proof that a bunch of guys with a bit of ticker understood the script and gave it their all could roll with the big dogs. If we had the rub of the green we won that, though no need to whine. The mentality we rocked up tonight with, if ingrained, will take the luck out of it. Very proud of them all.
Couldn't have said it better myself! :sign:

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 1:59 am

Their work in defence tonight really paid off dividends for this team moving forward.

Potter's attention to detail in defence during the week set us up for tonight well. I can't fault many things about the defence except the one factor that keeps hanging around - playing for the full 80.

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

monkey

Post by monkey » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 8:30 am

Lawrence looked slow and terrible last night time to be put on notice . If u look at other sides they all have big strong fast backs we got nothin abit of speed with teddy and koro but that's it and these guys are midgets