Lawrence???

ImageImageImage
maxxy86

Lawrence???

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 9:18 am

Im lost for words hes either not fit or deformed or something. His running style looks strange and reading in defence is awful. I was one of his biggest fans but it cant be tolerated by potts.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 9:53 am

I feel for CL. The effort is there but things just wont fall into place.

Seems to struggle with lateral movement and has lost some speed.

Is he too bulky for centre?

Is his future as a back rower?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 1:55 pm

He does seem to have lost some pace since the hip injury. His days in the backs could be numbered.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 4:05 pm

The truth of the matter was rammed home to me last night, the head on replay of one of their trys was damning

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 4:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:The truth of the matter was rammed home to me last night, the head on replay of one of their trys was damning
cronk try?

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 4:19 pm

either of the last 2 really...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 5:18 pm

The Cronk try was Tedesco's fault. Shocking tackle attempt

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 5:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:The Cronk try was Tedesco's fault. Shocking tackle attempt
i;m not going to go into fault,but did you see lawrence laboring back trying to keep up.was a sad sight to me.his running motion looked horrible.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 5:34 pm

Watching the replay as we speak, Lawrence has defended super, heap of great tackles, and super good decision making.
I guarantee if it had of been moltzen or Blair rather than teddy that missed the tackle, no one would be talking about Lawrence.
The last try had njothing to do with lawrence. He was in the centre of the field as the line was not in order from the break.
He is not the mobile attackin whiz he once was, but he is still contributing very well, and carried the ball and defended strongly last night.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 5:39 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Im lost for words hes either not fit or deformed or something. His running style looks strange and reading in defence is awful. I was one of his biggest fans but it cant be tolerated by potts.
Chris made a courageous and inspiring comeback from his hip injury but very sadly with the pressure put on it due to playing and training and playing week to week it would seem that the injury is now taking its toll.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 6:11 pm

Goose wrote:Watching the replay as we speak, Lawrence has defended super, heap of great tackles, and super good decision making.
I guarantee if it had of been moltzen or Blair rather than teddy that missed the tackle, no one would be talking about Lawrence.
The last try had njothing to do with lawrence. He was in the centre of the field as the line was not in order from the break.
He is not the mobile attackin whiz he once was, but he is still contributing very well, and carried the ball and defended strongly last night.
ok then... so Sisa ran through the hole that who was supposed to be defending, and still had his winger on his outside...

One of the tries he defended up and in and didnt really assist the tackle of Braith, he didnt help control the ball so it was released for second phase leaving one defender to cover 2 men, and fair chunk of real estate to protect. The other as you say he was awol. Both tries multiple attackers against a single defender.

Watch it again, number man up for man, and try and figure out who wasnt there. It isnt rocket science. The same overlap of numbers has struck us multiple weeks this season already, Koro copped it as well. You can either stick your head in the sand, or you can honestly evaluate the game.... Im being honest.

And I hate Tedesco on the wing, and for as good as he has been detest Moltzen in the number 1, incase you think im bias. Lawrence is a defensive liability.

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 9:01 pm

Goose I watched the replay this arvo as well (was on a dodgy torrent last night that kept freezing), and I thought Rowdy defended and ran the ball strongly....for most of the game. He did bugger up at the end as he has done all season and that is a worry however. Those last two tries were down his side and that is where most opposition tries this year have been scored.

I dont know what to do with him. People keep saying move him to the backrow but this is a risky play as you have to be a certain type of player to succeed there. You need to be an 80 minute workhorse, with aggression and not shirk any of the rough stuff. You have to be able to read the play and cover for others. You are then required to take dirty hitups constantly into traffic. It is not as easy as some on here think it is. He has the size and what speed he has could be an asset. He is also reasonably aggressive when people run straight at him...I dont know...he could make it work. One thing is for sure though - his days of playing center are fast diminishing.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 9:03 pm

bonstonker wrote:
innsaneink wrote:The truth of the matter was rammed home to me last night, the head on replay of one of their trys was damning
cronk try?
I forget who scored but it was like you described above (he looked laborious) he dived late at the tryline but still didnt even reach whoever it was

edit- yep Cronks try just had another look....bloody sad

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 11:42 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Goose wrote:Watching the replay as we speak, Lawrence has defended super, heap of great tackles, and super good decision making.
ok then... so Sisa ran through the hole that who was supposed to be defending, and still had his winger on his outside...

One of the tries he defended up and in and didnt really assist the tackle of Braith, he didnt help control the ball so it was released for second phase leaving one defender to cover 2 men, and fair chunk of real estate to protect. The other as you say he was awol. Both tries multiple attackers against a single defender.

Watch it again, number man up for man, and try and figure out who wasnt there. It isnt rocket science. The same overlap of numbers has struck us multiple weeks this season already, Koro copped it as well. You can either stick your head in the sand, or you can honestly evaluate the game.... Im being honest.

And I hate Tedesco on the wing, and for as good as he has been detest Moltzen in the number 1, incase you think im bias. Lawrence is a defensive liability.
cronks try did start with Lawrence making a defensive error, a small one he jammed in for no result. tedessco followed as he should with any decent system, forcing the ball player to make either a difficult face ball and hopefully pick him up on the drift, or better still hit the marked short ball, which they did, the system recovered Lawrence's mistake, but tedessco missed a tackle, it happens. I guarantee if the bloke missing the tackle was Moltzen you'd be saying it was a terrible miss tackle blah blah blah.
The waqa try was directly after a break, Lawrence like all good players chased the break and ends up trying to cover the pasd 2 in from fonua I think it is Hoffman, he than like every player on the planet takes his placr in the line filtering from the ruck outwards, this placed him about mid field, as much people like to think it is ss simple as well it is his hole he should have been there, the fact they had us stretched and were able to isolate some forwards out wide is good football but not any one fault.
if we sacked every player who made a defensive error or failure to react to the defense inside there would be no in first grade

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 12:16 am

Goose you are kidding mate ,there are no such things as a small defensive error ,and if it leads to a try its a massive error

Yep he tightens the inside man and leaves his winger exposed Stay wider and let the slide defence do its job

But he does it all the bloody time now twice v Manly ,once v Parra

The other thing people need to remember is we aren't a point scoring powerhouse anymore , and we can afford to give away cheap tries

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 1:37 am

As the hip-flexors contribute the most to the running action, then it's a sure fire answer why Lawrence has lost so much pace. It's absolutely saddening to watch someone's future career as a NSW/Test centre go down the drain, but if anything, we can turn what other skills he possesses into something. Like some mentioned backrow. At least give him a shot there, if anything we lose a game as we realise he is no good, but then you never know what we might discover from Chris.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 1:38 am

As the hip-flexors contribute the most to the running action, then it's a sure fire answer why Lawrence has lost so much pace. It's absolutely saddening to watch someone's future career as a NSW/Test centre go down the drain, but if anything, we can turn what other skills he possesses into something. Like some mentioned backrow. At least give him a shot there, if anything we lose a game as we realise he is no good, but then you never know what we might discover from Chris.

But this is all up to Potter for all we know he has 0 intentions of dropping him/moving him.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 8:06 am

happy tiger wrote:Goose you are kidding mate ,there are no such things as a small defensive error ,and if it leads to a try its a massive error

Yep he tightens the inside man and leaves his winger exposed Stay wider and let the slide defence do its job

But he does it all the bloody time now twice v Manly ,once v Parra

The other thing people need to remember is we aren't a point scoring powerhouse anymore , and we can afford to give away cheap tries
It was an error, which the system corrected for and tedessco missed a bad tackle.

There would have been heap of similar situations with people coming and taking no one for both sides over on the night, however it was highlighted by the missed tackle.

BMM did exactly the same thing on the Fonua try, forced everyone in one (which is what should happen) and they scored outwide. Benji actually looks worse in the play than BMM as his rush is more dramatic, but it was a recovery play.