Utai!!!!!

ImageImageImage
Balmain Boy

Re: Utai!!!!!

Post by Balmain Boy » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:11 am

mtd wrote:he ran it harder than most of our forwards to be honest (so did koro)
put him in the middle.
So you want players like Kasiano, Pritchard, Klemmer and all those big guys aiming for utai in defence? i sure as hell dont. he has no defence hence cant be used in the forwards!

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:13 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
mtd wrote:he ran it harder than most of our forwards to be honest (so did koro)
put him in the middle.
So you want players like Kasiano, Pritchard, Klemmer and all those big guys aiming for utai in defence? i sure as hell dont. he has no defence hence cant be used in the forwards!
if guys like farah can handle it utai can too.

as if you dont want his running game in the forwards. he's probably he best runner of the ball in our team to be honest.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:28 am

Utai has never had much talent just enthusiasm but he is a liability and has been for a long time.Give a better younger player a chance than this winger who cant jump tackle or run at speed and is constantly out of position

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:05 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:His day as a first grader are over.To much of a liability in defense and nothing fantastic going forward.Bye bye please
His days were over 5 years ago when he was dropped to BERALA BEARS.his hit ups for our bludger back rowers are not worth the points he leaks when a bomb is put up .he couldnt even ground the ball when given the oppotunity last night . thats why they are wingers ,to finish.
He dosent even contest the high ball.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:24 am

MacDougall wrote:His handling isn't usually that bad. One game in a trial and we're sticking him with this stuff? Marshall throws a ball over the sideline almost every match.
I think he offers us so much. I don't get the hate.

In saying that he just can't catch the ball. Put up a bomb and he isn't catching it. Put a good jumper out there and he is done.

Can he be hidden when the bomb goes up ? Is it worth it ?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:28 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:His day as a first grader are over.To much of a liability in defense and nothing fantastic going forward.Bye bye please
His days were over 5 years ago when he was dropped to BERALA BEARS.his hit ups for our bludger back rowers are not worth the points he leaks when a bomb is put up .he couldnt even ground the ball when given the oppotunity last night . thats why they are wingers ,to finish.
He dosent even contest the high ball.
An opposition player knocked the ball away a split second before he went to catch it....but dont let facts get in the way of your stories

NewGuy2013

Post by NewGuy2013 » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:52 am

Yeh he is the reason we lost last night. What a bunch of idiots you all are. If our players had his heart we'd be a better team.

What a bunch of tools you all are!!

barra

Post by barra » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:00 pm

No, he is not the reason we lost but he regularly contributes to a poor team effort in defence. I love the dirty work he does, I love his enthusiasm and passion on the field, I love how he can duck under four defenders one after the other and score a try.

But. For a winger to not contest as he repeatedly does is simply not acceptable.

As someone else mentioned if our back row developed some ticker they could actually do some of the dirty work that Utai does, and I have enough faith in Reddy to play centre with a big youngster on the wing outside him. Until Ayshford comes back we need a solution and unfortunately I have lost it with Matt.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 04 May, 2013 5:50 pm

with tedesco, simona and koro forming the other 1-5.. we need another experienced head along with reddy. when aysh comes back.. good bye utai
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 04 May, 2013 5:58 pm

Yea I think he should drop for Naiyavaro.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:51 pm

The Dogs tried Utai in the back row years ago - he was dreadful.

The only thing more stupid than Utai in the forwards would be putting Beau Ryan in the back row or a winger on the bench..... Doh!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 05 May, 2013 8:12 am

Surely, the time has come to find another solution for his wing!

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 05 May, 2013 6:59 pm

Flippedy wrote:I dunno, I'm at a loss - put Reddy back on the wing and bring Simona into the centres or vice versa. Where's Mitch Brown when you need him? Oh that's right he plays for Canterbury now. None of this would be happening if Tuqiri wasn't bloody injured forever!

I think Lote has discretely retired if you ask me.
Has to be the longest absence from the game for an injured player.

I think he doesnt want to get his dreads messed up thats why he doesnt wanna play :lol:

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 06 May, 2013 1:02 pm

For me Utai is only there for experience. Taking him out isn't going to do a thing for us in the short term. If Nofoaluma is fit, I would endorse his selection instead but Mr T would provide the same problem as Utai, a defensive liability. We need all the experience we can get right now and if Utai is selected again, i'll understand and cop it sweet.

Justo

Post by Justo » Mon 06 May, 2013 2:40 pm

The only thing I'd change is he needs to be a foot taller. Thats all I ask. Seriously, its not too much is it.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 06 May, 2013 2:57 pm

^ Then he doesn't score half the tries he does when he ducks under tackles and barges over the line

Honestly we can't win. I say let's try Mr. T or Nofo. It's gotta be time for it, what's at stake? It's not like we need to defend the wooden spoon. :roll:
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Justo

Post by Justo » Mon 06 May, 2013 3:01 pm

^ What if he was like inspector gadget then and could get taller in defence and shorter in attack.

That's it. Solved.

Thanks kh_canada. U and I could solve the worlds problems no fuss. Right, someone get North Korea on the phone.