Positives (and there are a few)

ImageImageImage
mikey

Re: Positives (and there are a few)

Post by mikey » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:51 am

happy tiger wrote:At least Qld will win State of Origin this season

A few of us have something to look forward to in 2013
Time will tell on this one. If NSW do win the look of disbelief on every arrogant Queenslanders face will make my day for months as I go to work in Brisbane.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:22 am

MacDougall wrote:Can forgive Koro.
He has to be there but at the same time those mistakes have to stop. This is what is wrong with our team - simply too many mistakes.

Reddy for instance was basically great but he made mistakes that killed us. We just aren't good enough to win with those plays.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:04 pm

I enjoyed watching us play last night. The team put in for the full 80 minutes and were just outclassed and lacked experience. We were disorganised in attack and looked like a team that changed their halfback on Friday morning.

We dropped the ball twice over the line (Utai and BMM). Obviously would not have changed result, but would have built confidence.

The highlight was clearly the try by Tedesco. I loved the fact there was genuine excitement despite being down 34-0.

Some big foundations laid last night. Probably a bit more pain to come, but it will slowly turn.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:09 pm

MacDougall wrote:Can forgive Koro. He's still a rookie and he was first game back from injury in a team that was significantly overmatched. I would forgive him anything because without him we have little to no speed or x-factor.
Agree, Koro had "young player in his first game back from injury" written all over him. He is a much better player than that. He also had Benji and Thompson defending on his side and unfortunately as predicted by some, Thompson is too slow laterally to play centre any more. Benji, well, just speechless with his defensive efforts.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:51 pm

[quote="InBenjiWeTrust"]Very good
Tedesco - 144 m
Woods - 140 m

Solid
Reddy, Sironen, Simona, Koroibete

Again our 2nd row was useless in attack, Blair 44 m, Fulton - 48 m, BMM - 37 m :oops:

Fulton was too tired from tackling everything that moved, the other guy is supposed to be our 'attacking" player..

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 04 May, 2013 4:20 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:I enjoyed watching us play last night. The team put in for the full 80 minutes and were just outclassed and lacked experience. We were disorganised in attack and looked like a team that changed their halfback on Friday morning.

We dropped the ball twice over the line (Utai and BMM). Obviously would not have changed result, but would have built confidence.

The highlight was clearly the try by Tedesco. I loved the fact there was genuine excitement despite being down 34-0.

Some big foundations laid last night. Probably a bit more pain to come, but it will slowly turn.
My thoughts too. I think the doom and gloom is to be expected but I do think some are taking it too far. I'm not trying to tape over the cracks but what did we seriously expect to happen last night. I really feel the next month will stay much the same. Hell, origin's not going to do us any favours either but I do feel the young ones will grow as they gain more experience. Stay patient tiger fans, it may not be our year this year but we'll rise again very soon.

everett

Post by everett » Sat 04 May, 2013 4:31 pm

Blair has to go. 5 hit ups is very poor.

All new guys are going well and will only get better for the experience they are gaining.

Sue deserves a start and Ava back on the bench. Blair to f*ck off
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Sat 04 May, 2013 4:53 pm

I noticed on the clubs website that they had a Highlight film from last night's match. Not sure what was on it, wasn't game enough to look.

But really, I still believe we have the players, even minus our injured to give other teams a good shake.......hopefully last nights embarrassment will motivate our guys to do much better.

I am enjoying watching the younger guys like Woods, sue, Sirro , Buchanan finding their way in the top side at the moment, am kinda over watching the non performing older ones.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 04 May, 2013 10:03 pm

stevetiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Can forgive Koro.
He has to be there but at the same time those mistakes have to stop. This is what is wrong with our team - simply too many mistakes.

Reddy for instance was basically great but he made mistakes that killed us. We just aren't good enough to win with those plays.
it's funny how most of the errors he made were when he was contesting the high ball... at least he was contesting them
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 04 May, 2013 10:34 pm

Can't imagine we will keep all our 'up and coming' players when we are paying overs for a few non performing superstars

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 04 May, 2013 10:44 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Can't imagine we will keep all our 'up and coming' players when we are paying overs for a few non performing superstars

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
but hopefully they wont cost nearly as much. I really hope we can keep it I wanna see this in 2015:

1. Tedesco
2. Koro
3. Simona
4. Reddy/Richards/Ayshford
5. Nofoaluma
6. Moses/Benji
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Buchanan
11. Sue
12. Sirro
13. Santi
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 05 May, 2013 12:46 pm

The Warriors and Eels are two sides who I have seen in the past regain form by engaging in an "offload at all costs" mentality and I think we should do just that. We have several very good proponents of the offload including Woods, Blair, Pettybourne, Reddy and Fulton and Koro, Farah and Tedesco are all willing recipients of such play. Do it.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 05 May, 2013 1:03 pm

We were doing it earlier in the season, dunno what happened to that... Teddy could benefit from that heaps! and koro!
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 05 May, 2013 1:19 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I know its not the most enjoyable way to spend a Friday night, and i know watching your team get flogged by 40 is akin to getting kicked in the crotch with steel caps, but im ok with it, to an extent of course. Sure the result sucks but i'm looking at the bigger picture. It was always on the cards we were going to have a crap yr and the injuries sure haven't helped but on the bright side there is a silver lining to the way this yr is panning out. That silver lining is the amount of young guys who are going to be so much better off in 2014 and beyond for the experience

Tedesco is proving to be a freakish talent, and Siro is only going to get better provided he's used the correct way and Guys like Sue, Spence and Buchanan will come on leaps and bounds, not to mention Luke Brooks to come. Not trying to play the bleeding heart true supporter card but I'd encourage everyone to keep their frustrations in check and think of how beneficial this period could be long term. If you're going to be frustrated thats cool, but don't go overboard with the old ''we are crap'' and the ''woah is us''routines, look at it rationally and why we are in this position. Its quite clear that 2013 is a write off which i can deal with as long we bounce back bigger and better and next yr which is quite realistic.
Excellently put GNR.
I think if we were winning games now, with a decent roster and minimal injuries, less and less of our younger guns would'nt be gaining invaluable game experience which basically means that we are building a short-term future.
The way it is now, even though these younger players are getting hammered week in and week out, all the experience they're gaining will only help us 2014,2015,2016 and ahead.
Unfortunately for us fans, it's hard looking to the future as we live in the present, and we want the present to be good. But instead of winning a premiership this year, or next it will most likely be 2 or 3 years + from now.

But we take solace out of the fact that we have a good team coming through which can easily stay together and form a strong structure for a good 5 years.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 05 May, 2013 2:01 pm

pHyR3 wrote:We were doing it earlier in the season, dunno what happened to that... Teddy could benefit from that heaps! and koro!
We definitely need more second phase. Koroibete is excellent at exploiting a thinner line.