Positives (and there are a few)

ImageImageImage
sunshine coast tiger

Re: Positives (and there are a few)

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:54 pm

Funnest call of the night was when Kasiano went off in the second half and the ground announcer said he was sposnosred by Punchbow MCDonalds and some guy yelled ouit McDonalds is sponsoered by Sam Kasiano :)

Man he is a very unfit player he aslo gets away with slowing down in the play the ball as it takes him forever to get up. He should have been penalised almost every time he made a tackle if the refs were fair dinkum.
Last edited by sunshine coast tiger on Fri 03 May, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:54 pm

Sabre wrote:
happy tiger wrote:At least Qld will win State of Origin this season

A few of us have something to look forward to in 2013
Imagine how stuffed the Tigers are gonna be without Woods and Farah.
That could be very ugly.
We will miss their go forward and their defence

We have nothing in attack ,I don't really know what Potter can do about it

We look completely rudderless in attack and our defence lacks a heartbeat , as Willow said in the live game thread , lucky we did all that defensive preparation in the off season ,imagine how bad things would of been if we hadn't :roll:

Some people at the Tigers are in the wrong profession , should be second hand car salesmen or politicians

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:58 pm

lol Mac I am ejoying the banter so dont think Im picking you...

But it seems our left centres are not playing the game... a centre is a hitter once an offensive decision has been made, otherwise they should be herding while the cavalry arrives from inside (mid field). This year we have been hit from long range for points because of kamikaze tackling from our left centres exposing and creating overlaps for the winger to defend.

alex

Post by alex » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:08 pm

Reddy has cemented a centre spot IMO. He kept Morris very well contained and despite a few handling errors late in the game was otherwise very solid and reliable.

Would be more than happy to see him and Simona in the centres for the next few weeks (who also looked promising when he came on), then for Simona to push to Utai's wing when Ayshford returns

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:12 pm

Yes i agree, I would go with Reddy & Simona in the centres & T

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:13 pm

As i was about to say Reddy & Simona in the centres & Thompson back into the Pigs.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:25 pm

I know its not the most enjoyable way to spend a Friday night, and i know watching your team get flogged by 40 is akin to getting kicked in the crotch with steel caps, but im ok with it, to an extent of course. Sure the result sucks but i'm looking at the bigger picture. It was always on the cards we were going to have a crap yr and the injuries sure haven't helped but on the bright side there is a silver lining to the way this yr is panning out. That silver lining is the amount of young guys who are going to be so much better off in 2014 and beyond for the experience

Tedesco is proving to be a freakish talent, and Siro is only going to get better provided he's used the correct way and Guys like Sue, Spence and Buchanan will come on leaps and bounds, not to mention Luke Brooks to come. Not trying to play the bleeding heart true supporter card but I'd encourage everyone to keep their frustrations in check and think of how beneficial this period could be long term. If you're going to be frustrated thats cool, but don't go overboard with the old ''we are crap'' and the ''woah is us''routines, look at it rationally and why we are in this position. Its quite clear that 2013 is a write off which i can deal with as long we bounce back bigger and better and next yr which is quite realistic.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:35 pm

If we keep getting beaten by over 20 points each match I don't see how the club can bounce back bigger and better next year. There are some very serious problems, financially and with personnel, that the club has around its neck and I think that the sooner they are addressed the more chance of bouncing back bigger and better next year.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm with you GnR, but I think I will be switching off more games in future. First time I've ever done it tonight.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:43 pm

Positives....hmmm, it was the delayed coverage game so that most of the population didn't witness that on prime time ?

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:45 pm

Sue looked impressive when he had his chance. Reddy tried very hard. Farah and Woods were great (nothing new there) and Tedesco looked good at fullback. But we were outsized and outclassed for the entire game.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:50 pm

Pettybourne looked bigger this week and had a crack. Maybe he snuck some calves blood on the black market.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:50 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:Funnest call of the night was when Kasiano went off in the second half and the ground announcer said he was sposnosred by Punchbow MCDonalds and some guy yelled ouit McDonalds is sponsoered by Sam Kasiano :)

Man he is a very unfit player he aslo gets away with slowing down in the play the ball as it takes him forever to get up. He should have been penalised almost every time he made a tackle if the refs were fair dinkum.
half their forward pack looked like they could do with a stint at jenny craig but they still outplayed our bludger back rowers barring fulton who tried his guts out all night .farah woods and to a lesser extent buchanan are the only forwards id feed .pettybourne is a park footballer full stop . thompson is too slow to play in the centres ,, halatau is still a better option than all of our back rowers bar fulton .

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:52 pm

yeah sue shows some potential ...

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:48 am

People who think this side has potential are dreaming -- sure some individuals are stepping up and look as though they will make the grade but as a team we are going backwards - forget the injuries - we are still making the same mistakes week in and week out - the names and faces have changed but the mistakes remain the same - kicking on tackle 2 and 3, cut out passes to the crowd, defence rushing up and leaving outside men exposed, drifting or passing across field hoping someone will hit a hole and it never happens - i'm sure the players have had it drummed in to them a thousand times but its obvious no one is listening - personally i think the whole game plan should be thrown out the window - we should be running 1 out for 5 tackles and kick it as far downfield as possible - this plan should continue until the players learn to respect possession, how to offload, how to run in to a hole, how to throw a pass that hits the player on the chest- maybe its abit over the top but until we go back to the basics and rebuild the way we play we have no hope of becoming a force.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 04 May, 2013 6:55 am

Positives...?? Teddy, Koro, Simona, Reddy (in his correct position), Sirro (in a different position), Liam's defence, Woodsy and Capt Courageous Farah

Work in progress...?? Sue (i like this kid), Buchanan, Thompson (in the forwards), Spence (with time...but a bit in the small side)

WTF......again ?? Marshall, Blair, BMM

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:07 am

The one or two quality touches Simona got he looked far more dangerous than either Lawrence or Ayshford had all season

I hope Simona is given a full game to show his wares and given some space with the ball

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:48 am

I posted my positives last night but I have just one more today

The storm only needed to have one player out injured last year and they lost 5 in a row - so with 10 players out injured I think its expected to loose and even get flogged. That is the point of the salary cap teams are evenish at full strength and so when your missing half a team you should get flogged some weeks and beaten m ost weeks. My positive from this is the Salary Cap works - which is good because next year we are a chance and if we get luck with injuries and others dont then we will be winning