Game plan against the Dogs

ImageImageImage
alex

Game plan against the Dogs

Post by alex » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:06 pm

Kicking game early on was good - drill it into the corners away from Barba. Faded away close to half time though. The Dogs had a great night with the boot, constantly kicking to Utai's wing and finding grass a lot of the time. This kept Koro pretty quiet.

But the thing that got me the most was our simple and boring one off attack. We NEVER looked like worrying the opposition with a simple pass and run back towards the ruck. Canterbury were spreading the ball through the hands and playing the second man.

Whoever said we play an exciting brand of football has very low standards

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:48 pm

Game plan mmmmm well mmmm maybe no oh I mean yes.I don't think there was one definitely not one we stuck to.Got to keep it simple. Can't wait till this years over love the Tiges but gee this is painful.

mtd

Post by mtd » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:49 pm

plan = run it one out every tackle.
when it doesnt work
farah cross kick
repeat

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:52 pm

It has been like that all this season. With or without injured players. Good one Mick.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:57 pm

this was the worst kicking game i've seen this year from us tbh..
our kicking game has been really good (compared to previous years) this year
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:00 am

I certainly havent noticed anything different with the way we play compared to previous years as of yet. One would be forgiven for thinking Sheens was still calling the shots. I am really starting to lose my patience with the stats the backrowers are turning out. A good week for any of them is 50 meters and a dozen tackles.. its just not good enough. The amount of work that Woodsey is doing is going to work against us. Already most experts are talking him up every game. You can bet your aunty that rival recruiters from every club are currently devising plans to steal him away from us.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:00 am

Game plan against the Tigers really only needs to be stack the open side and hit a straight runner.

Our game plan should be give the ball to Koroibete.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:08 am

stryker wrote:I certainly havent noticed anything different with the way we play compared to previous years as of yet. One would be forgiven for thinking Sheens was still calling the shots. I am really starting to lose my patience with the stats the backrowers are turning out. A good week for any of them is 50 meters and a dozen tackles.. its just not good enough. The amount of work that Woodsey is doing is going to work against us. Already most experts are talking him up every game. You can bet your aunty that rival recruiters from every club are currently devising plans to steal him away from us.
If he hasn't worn out by next year.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:33 am

just run one out and hope you don't drop it.
that is it.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:52 am

MacDougall wrote:Game plan against the Tigers really only needs to be stack the open side and hit a straight runner.

Our game plan should be give the ball to Koroibete.

Agree he should be a go to man but his to busy doing Blairs job and running the ball out as a first receiver :bash

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 04 May, 2013 9:07 am

The responsibility for absence of game plan rests squarely on coach Potter's shoulders.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 10:55 am

Newtown wrote:The responsibility for absence of game plan rests squarely on coach Potter's shoulders.
You assume theres an absence of a plan.

The players not putting it into action, or the opposition countering it or preventing them from doing so may well be factors also.

We are just lucky Barba decided to impersonate Blair and watch rather than participate, it couldve hit 60 otherwise

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 04 May, 2013 10:59 am

innsaneink wrote:
Newtown wrote:The responsibility for absence of game plan rests squarely on coach Potter's shoulders.
You assume theres an absence of a plan.

The players not putting it into action, or the opposition countering it or preventing them from doing so may well be factors also.

We are just lucky Barba decided to impersonate Blair and watch rather than participate, it couldve hit 60 otherwise
There is truth in what you say but the whole Wests Tigers effort seemed so unprofessional.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:00 am

bonstonker wrote:just run one out and hope you don't drop it.
that is it.

Yes.....thats how it looks at the moment.

The dogs had players in motion and options for their ballplayers.

We tried one inside play and put the cue back in the rack.