dont be too disappointed

ImageImageImage
1/4 chicken,chips

dont be too disappointed

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:43 pm

Half our squad are just park footballers , they tried hard but were just outclassed by a dogs side that went through the motions . i dread to see what a top side is going to do to us .

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:49 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Half our squad are just park footballers , they tried hard but were just outclassed by a dogs side that went through the motions . i dread to see what a top side is going to do to us .
If you or anyone can even suggest a reasonable solution you will be doing far better than the Club's highly paid management and coaching staff which has offered very little.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:52 pm

We played Melbourne already and we nearly beat them. It isn't the best sides we struggle against it's just a certain type of side. Big, unfit, fat, large, huge with whispy outside backs. Souths will beat us by 70 but we'll beat the Sharks next week imo. We'll beat the Cowboys but get toweled up by the Titans.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:52 pm

I've got a horrible feeling that it will be souths that really destroy us.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:55 pm

Haha great minds and all that.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:14 am

dont be disappointed?
we still had guys like farah marshall fulton woods...
its extremely disappointing

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:14 am

dont be disappointed?
we still had guys like farah marshall fulton woods...
its extremely disappointing

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:15 am

Yeah we still have some hidings ahead of us having to play the Rabbits twice, the Broncs in Brissie, the Storm, the Roosters, Manly, Titans...I think all of those games are potential hidings...

On top of that we have tough competitive games against the Raiders, Sharks twice as well as 2 against the Cowboys....teams that can usually be pencilled in for victory but this year they are all stronger than us.

It is a long road ahead for our struggling squad but should be looked at as a baptism of fire for the new generation. Those of them that survive will be all the better for it in 2014. That is pretty much all I am concentrating on for the remainder of the season. I dont see the point in throwing tantrums when our obviously outmatched lineups get beat....its going to be a regular occurance I am afraid....

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:23 am

stryker wrote:Yeah we still have some hidings ahead of us having to play the Rabbits twice, the Broncs in Brissie, the Storm, the Roosters, Manly, Titans...I think all of those games are potential hidings...

On top of that we have tough competitive games against the Raiders, Sharks twice as well as 2 against the Cowboys....teams that can usually be pencilled in for victory but this year they are all stronger than us.

It is a long road ahead for our struggling squad but should be looked at as a baptism of fire for the new generation. Those of them that survive will be all the better for it in 2014. That is pretty much all I am concentrating on for the remainder of the season. I dont see the point in throwing tantrums when our obviously outmatched lineups get beat....its going to be a regular occurance I am afraid....
I am trying to refresh my memory. How were Wests Tigers travelling in 2004 with the young players who went on to win the grand final in 2005?

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:52 am

We finished just outside the 8, around -40 PD.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:18 am

I'm not that disappointed but only because I think that there were positive signs if we can just get our crap together.

Robbie needs to improve his service out of dummy half. I just saw too many balls that weren't crisp and on the chest. Apart from that he is killing them - a great all round game.

Benji needs to get those critical plays right, run the ball more and defend a lot better. He needs to improve massively but I think he can do it.

Tedesco needs to continue to play as well as he did last night all the time.

Potter needs to pick the right forward pack. I wonder if Blair deserves a spot in the team at full strength or if he should simply be given a different role. I think he is best at lock running up the middle like a prop but Fulton is a better player. Sue looks really good. BMM needs to work himself out - he has the ability but just can't seem to put in a good game.

Our backs need some speed and skill plus they need to defend well and stop making mistakes.

Potter has his work cut out but I can see some positive signs. Woods is on another level - he is a great player.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:56 pm

Benji needs to get those critical plays right, run the ball more and defend a lot better. He needs to improve massively but I think he can do it.

yeah, right, he's only been trying since 2005...

VelvetTiger

Post by VelvetTiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm none too fussed about the loss as I expected this season to be tough one with a new coach and new faces.
The injuries sustained so far this season is testing our depth and probably a good thing which could force the club to seriously look at lower grade structure and a player retention plan. Hopefully, and I trust we have the right people and systems in place at the club to look after this.

The one concern I do have regarding continued thumpings is that the younger players develop a losing culture which is mighty hard to turn into a good thing. We still do need a good mix of experienced players to keep the ship steady and heading in a positive direction. Potter and the club in general have their work cut out but we'll come good if we just keep plugging away at it and get all the little details on the field sorted.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 05 May, 2013 5:20 pm

The -96 against will be the hardest thing to come back from, even if we can string together a few wins, as we rarely win big these days. It's never been our strength, but I don't recall us having that bad a points differential this early in a season.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen