Liam Fulton

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

Liam Fulton

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:43 pm

A tackling machine. All class. he Woods and Robbie worked their butts off...meanwhile, in the land of the halves, one man was staying out of all this, after all he is a mis-understood genius, a player who is too far ahead of everyone else in the team, as evident by that kick in the opening minute..We don't deserve him :lol:

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 04 May, 2013 2:27 pm

He is too small for the forwards.... Look at his meters ineffective

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 04 May, 2013 2:28 pm

He might of worked hard but against bigger sides he has no impact.

Gets smashed when he runs, throws hospital passes.

Thought he might of missed an easy tackle which led to the Reynolds try, could be wrong.

Overall nothing to write home about. The way the game is played now he will be never be up to it despite giving his all. Sorry just my view.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 2:43 pm

Unfortunately at the pro level.....'having a go' doesnt cut it....you DO need skill and talent in all facets of the game.

But in our team, blokes that 'have a go' really stand out, coz so many of their mates dont

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 04 May, 2013 2:49 pm

Always good for letting a few tries in a year. Last night i think wss his 2nd or 3rd time this year.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 3:04 pm

king sirro wrote:Always good for letting a few tries in a year. Last night i think wss his 2nd or 3rd time this year.
Well he's certainly not Robinson Crusoe in that department KS

The list of who hasn't let a try in this season would be very short this season

barra

Post by barra » Sat 04 May, 2013 3:11 pm

Fulton should be our tackling machine which he is good at, and leave a lot of the other dirty work to others - except they seem to disappear somewhere when the going gets tough and he is silly enough to put his hand up to do things he shouldn't need to!

Liam got caught trying to defend the line with his inside shoulder and missed that one. But his other 97.5% (40 tackles) were pretty good.

Potter recently re-signed Fulton so he should therefore play him in a big pack that allows him to be there without his lack of size being a negative. That means no Blair or Anasta for starters. Then I also think that Fulton's touches would be more effective.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 5:12 pm

king sirro wrote:Always good for letting a few tries in a year. Last night i think wss his 2nd or 3rd time this year.
It is an issue isn't it. Its hard to blame him but you just can't miss tackles.
barra wrote:Potter recently re-signed Fulton so he should therefore play him in a big pack that allows him to be there without his lack of size being a negative. That means no Blair or Anasta for starters. Then I also think that Fulton's touches would be more effective.
Fulton offers plenty with the ball and defensively so long as you have a big pack around him. Some tough decisions need to be made to make our pack something that Fulton can play a role in. Maybe Blair has to go. Maybe he has to start playing prop.

I just checked their stats. Blair made 41 metres, made 18 tackles and missed 2. Fulton made 52 metres, made 41 tackles and missed 1.

I just can't see that Blair is a better player than Fulton at this point. Blair is a real concern.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 5:46 pm

Around a big pack of forwards that put in he would be fine.With the amount of effort he puts in defensively how is he expected to spark the attack.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 05 May, 2013 12:14 am

Eddie wrote:He might of worked hard but against bigger sides he has no impact.

Gets smashed when he runs, throws hospital passes.

Thought he might of missed an easy tackle which led to the Reynolds try, could be wrong.

Overall nothing to write home about. The way the game is played now he will be never be up to it despite giving his all. Sorry just my view.
Completely agree. He has a go and I will never knock his efforts but one word: ineffective.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 05 May, 2013 8:21 am

According to SteveTiger, Blair made 41 metres, made 18 tackles and missed 2. Fulton made 52 metres, made 41 tackles and missed 1.

If Fulton has to go, what about Blair?

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 05 May, 2013 8:42 am

Fulton is ok when he has support from the big guys wrapping up the ball while he hits their legs.
Unfortunately we are about the worst team in the comp at doing that.
He is too small , and it gets proven every week , to be able to handle the big guys one on one and control the ball.
It's a shame for a guy who obviously tries his guts out every week to be in a position where the laziness of those around him could determine his spot in the team.
Potter must have some plan , or why sign him for another 3 years?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 05 May, 2013 12:19 pm

one of his tackles on t rex was superb.. he hit his legs hard. t rex didnt make a single meter after contact.

i do think there's a spot for fulton in the team.. maybe lock for his tight defense and ball playing skills around the ruck.. but for that to happen bmm, blair, eddy, sirro whoever is at 11 and 12 will have to lift their game up 100000x
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 05 May, 2013 1:45 pm

Fulton is very consistent. Unfortunately though the bar isn't set very high for him. He get's recognised for his consistency and his work ethic but Ink nailed it on the head when he said that his work isn't cut for FG standard.

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Sun 05 May, 2013 5:15 pm

Fulton couldn't break the water if he fell out out a boat totally useless. Sooner people realise our roster is terrible and need mass changes the sooner we can start rebuilding.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 05 May, 2013 5:48 pm

He might not be the biggest bloke or make a lot of meters but i give him full credit for not giving up. He gets steam rolled, still gets up and wants to defend the next play even though he clearly looks unwell.

So i would say to all who say he is not effective, not making meters or has missed tackles in him to back off and look at some other lazy people in the team..

He together with Farah keeps on going despite the score, if the rest of the group followed the same example they wouldnt get thumped 40-4 ..

I'm sorry but im sick of hearing people picking on the HARDWORKING guys in the team. Fulton, Utai and whoever makes a few mistakes next game

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 05 May, 2013 5:53 pm

Fulton is great, 100% player and a CRUCIAL utility! what happens when benji goes down or a centre? you chuck fulton in who can play those back positions alright. We need one of them and he is or will be on the 10 year discount soon so will contribute nothing to the salary cap.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."