POTTERS DEFENCE!!!!!

ImageImageImage
bp tiger

POTTERS DEFENCE!!!!!

Post by bp tiger » Sun 05 May, 2013 2:10 am

IF Iam CORRECT POTTER said he had worked hard on the off season on our defence , if this is correct then he needs to stand down now,after that s*** house effort last night he has no idea at all.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 05 May, 2013 7:11 am

bp tiger wrote:IF Iam CORRECT POTTER said he had worked hard on the off season on our defence , if this is correct then he needs to stand down now,after that s*** house effort last night he has no idea at all.
Christ. Have we forgotten the Storm game? The game against Brisbane with all the injuries we had? The boys have shown more heart and grit in defence under Potter this year than Sheens managed to instill last year. Yes, we got smashed by the dogs, but you have to remember that we were forced to field one of the youngest and most inexperienced sides in NRL history against the side that made the grand final last year. Potter is moving us forward. 2013 is a rebuilding year. We've seen what we are capable of in defence in the Melbourne game, and the signs for the future are good.

Have some faith

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 05 May, 2013 8:07 am

Stripes96 wrote:
bp tiger wrote:IF Iam CORRECT POTTER said he had worked hard on the off season on our defence , if this is correct then he needs to stand down now,after that s*** house effort last night he has no idea at all.
Christ. Have we forgotten the Storm game? The game against Brisbane with all the injuries we had? The boys have shown more heart and grit in defence under Potter this year than Sheens managed to instill last year. Yes, we got smashed by the dogs, but you have to remember that we were forced to field one of the youngest and most inexperienced sides in NRL history against the side that made the grand final last year. Potter is moving us forward. 2013 is a rebuilding year. We've seen what we are capable of in defence in the Melbourne game, and the signs for the future are good.

Have some faith

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
I hope the "re-building year" you are referring to is not like one of Tim Sheens many re-building years!

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 05 May, 2013 10:20 am

yes how many re building years do we have to go throw, this year is gone next year will have new players so they will declare it a re builting year. i just want a side that competes i dont care if we win would like it if we did but i just need to support a side that has a go.so far potter has shown me nothing we can not even score with 80% of the ball like we had in the first half last game.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Sun 05 May, 2013 10:32 am

I think this roster and the coach has shown enough promise to say that a good looking future is not far away.
If it was up to people like urself we would be changing coaches and players every few months and things would be much worse

i sometimes wonder what people like urself do when their kids make a mistake or do something wrong.....chop their legs off? Flog them with a spikey whip?

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 05 May, 2013 10:44 am

I am sick and tired of hearing this rebuilding year rubbish.

Our recruitment of players over the past 3 seasons has been appalling and our releasing of Fifita was unforgivable and it has continued with the purchasing of players past there use by date. (anasta, richards etc) but what is worse is not picking a recognised halfback (miller) to play in the number 7.

All teams have injuries, but the tigers do not seem to have faith in the ability of other players to fill the void. Something is amiss here! Nothing will change in this team until we give either Miller a fair go at half or recruit a half with the ability to push the team around the park.

Farah needs to stop trying to play hooker and halfback, do you see Cameron Smith from Melb, playing halfback, robbie have some faith in your halfback mate.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 05 May, 2013 11:28 am

Clean slates, a new broom, re-building....can take several season when youve problems we do

Gaz- I thought you were gone.

We are re-building after Sheens mess....we werent re-building during his time here, it starts with potter, it will take 3 years

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 05 May, 2013 11:42 am

2013 is a year during which the foundations for 2014 and beyond must be laid. The youngsters are our future and they must be nurtured and encouraged as much as possible this year. This includes youngsters like Jacob Miller. If the senior players get their noses out of joint so be it. Their salary package takes into account the need to mentor these players.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 05 May, 2013 11:55 am