Benji's overweight and too comfy.

ImageImageImage
stevetiger

Re: Benji's overweight and too comfy.

Post by stevetiger » Wed 08 May, 2013 4:07 pm

I think that this is just typical Benji. He isn't a complete player and his form can be hot and cold. I don't see much different to any other year.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 08 May, 2013 4:23 pm

stevetiger wrote:his form can be hot and cold.
The problem is the tap has been running cold for 12+ months.

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 08 May, 2013 4:58 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:It's called married life. He has beefed up!!!
This is it trust me! every night cuddling up on the lounge watching Revenge eating Tim Tams ...... Marriage = contentment it's a killer for a sporting man .

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Wed 08 May, 2013 5:00 pm

Tigerpete wrote:Well the good news is he's come out and acknowledged his form is poor and has stated he's looking to return to the basics this week. That's a start. Previously he's been plodding along, so acknowledgement of the problem Is a start. I expect him to pick it up over the next few weeks, bit by bit.
Since I am getting old, my memory might be playing tricks, but I thought Benji has appraised his performance as poor in the past and told us he was going to improve very quickly. I hope this time he does.
Looking at the 15 minutes of Benji highlights on another thread, he just has to start taking the line on by running straight and NOT ACROSS FIELD!

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Wed 08 May, 2013 6:18 pm

Potter/Simmons wont drop people like Benji or Blair because ...because ..he appears to be pissweak..

Post by Guest » Wed 08 May, 2013 7:26 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:
Tigerpete wrote:Well the good news is he's come out and acknowledged his form is poor and has stated he's looking to return to the basics this week. That's a start. Previously he's been plodding along, so acknowledgement of the problem Is a start. I expect him to pick it up over the next few weeks, bit by bit.
Since I am getting old, my memory might be playing tricks, but I thought Benji has appraised his performance as poor in the past and told us he was going to improve very quickly. I hope this time he does.
Looking at the 15 minutes of Benji highlights on another thread, he just has to start taking the line on by running straight and NOT ACROSS FIELD!
And lose about 5-7kg.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 09 May, 2013 7:14 am

I'd love to see Benji pull on a NSWCUP jersey and have a run with those lads.
Would be interesting.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

starling04

Post by starling04 » Thu 09 May, 2013 12:40 pm

Tbh he just seems to comfortable with being out of form. He acknowledges that he isn't in form and that he needs to improve but at the same time he is saying that his form will come and not to worry. He said the same things last season and never rectified his mistakes. I hope for the teams sake he does start playing well and soon but he does seem too comfortable at the moment.

everett

Post by everett » Thu 09 May, 2013 1:21 pm

Marshall will never be dropped so the best we can hope for is a long term injury.

Marshall is probably more valuable to the club as a marketing tool and his media profile than as a player.

Take Marshall out our side and Lote retires who would be our marketing tool.

Farah doesn't have the personality.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

coopy

Post by coopy » Thu 09 May, 2013 10:14 pm

everett wrote:Marshall will never be dropped so the best we can hope for is a long term injury.
Dude - not cool. I think Benji regardless of form has had enough long term injuries. I don't think we as supporters should be hoping for injuries to our players.

I think he will be fine with a real halfback in the team and some real options on the edge of the ruck to use. Once he gets over his injury and starts running again he will regain his mojo

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Thu 09 May, 2013 11:01 pm

It's a tragedy that the club has only had a half next to Benji for probably 4 years. I partly blame Lui as well :) as Benji did win the golden boot next to him.

Just imagine how Benji or Robbie would of went at the Bronc's or Melbourne.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:02 pm

Blame the other half he hasnt got, blame marriage, blame whatever you want but the truth is he isnt even a park footballer at the moment. Why punish a NSW Cup side with his presence. He is nothing but a touchfootballer and has only ever been that. He should be embarrassed to pick up his pay cheque. Look at what others on his paycheck Thurston, Cronk and those on less Reynolds, CherryEvans offer their teams and look what we get. Look past the flickpass that was nearly 10 years ago now. The guy is dud awful. Most overrated player in the game.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:18 pm

Why on earth would resign this guy for four years on this form make him play out this season and earn the contract. I am sorry to say it but i feel Bengis best days are far behind him, i for one would not be to sad to see him walk you would think with all the injuries we have he would really step up not play this rubbish.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:20 pm

What a pathetic and sad player Marshall is these days.

Not fit enough. Overweight. Disinterested. Downcast. He looks non plussed by it all. Farah looked furious at full time. I can see why he doesn't get on that well with the bloke. Send him to NSW cup for a month, its the on;y way he might get some passion back for the game. Otherwise get on the phone to The Warriors or Rugby Union and try and work out a deal.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:48 pm

I thought that was about as bad as it gets from Marshall. Even Hadley (who doesnt notice much) made comment and Johns joined in to observe he aint doing much. Very sad really; an enormous talent reduced to this.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:05 am

cut our losses and punt Benji, Blair and GALLOWAY ,That will free up some cash to buy 4 decent players . we have hit rock bottom and only a miracle will save us from the spoon this year

Champs05

Post by Champs05 » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:14 am

It's very sad really,that a great player has been reduced to this.He needs to have a serious look at himself and be honest with himself & the club that pays him. Either perform or retire, don't be a freeloader in the team. Last night was embarrassing, he made 23 metres. Come on Benji, you need to play with some heart. You can't hide & do nothing.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:17 am

Lets face fact !!!!! Benji is not that good.Offering nothing to our side . Move him on.