Is Mick Potter out of his depth?

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Re: Is Mick Potter out of his depth?

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 9:16 am

Black'n'White wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Gazman wrote:I wonder if Potter is able to motivate the players like Sheens did when our backs were against the wall. Its easy to lay the blame at the team he was given but at some stage I would think that the players would respond to his style and have a dig. Surely we do not have to go back to camp Kiama to acheive this.
I am going to call rubbish. They were well up for the match.

30-6.....go back and watch the match. How many times did Cronulla split us? How many Cronulla tries were from kicks?

You quickly get back to a score line of 12-6. The difference was Carney's kicking game.
I like the cut of your jib Bakerloo...

If Koro didnt crack it would have been a much closer event. Football is about creating pressure, unfortunately for us Koro beat himself, after that it was contagious. We lose structure as a whole under the pump, it doesnt take much. After that we are ripe for the picking.
But he did crack ,and if it wasn't him it would of been Utai ,or then they would of targetted Benji ,or then our left side being targetted or ,or ,or,

Defensively we have too many weaknesses to cover , teams just pick the weakness they can exploit best

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:06 am

innsaneink wrote:Its like putting a builder in a street on council clean up week, give him a screwdriver, point to all the crap on the footpaths and tell him ''build me a house with what you got"

He's on a hiding to nothing.
Potter's got a bit more than that to be fair; lots of deadwood lying around on those footpaths ;)
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:11 am

Did Potter know that Benji was not fit to play over the last two weeks? If so why on earth did he select him? Surely he is way out of his depth. Good coaches don't make silly judgements when they are under pressure.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:50 am

Potter aint a doctor, he'd act on physio's advice and probably Benji after that. But, knowing our health department I have serious doubts over the quality of the physio's advice.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 11 May, 2013 11:00 am

IMO Potter needs to lose this good guy/good coach image otherwise he is destined to fail.
He needs to get agro, yell, bark, snap or whatever he needs to do to make the team understand they are playing rubbish and its needs to be turned around NEXT game and not Next season..

I'm getting over him playing nice and sugar coating things.
If 6 straight losses are not alarm bells then what is ? The wooden spoon perhaps should be

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 11 May, 2013 11:04 am

Black'n'White wrote:
Blackpearl wrote:
willow wrote:We just don't have the calibre of troops left that I'm sure Potter would like to call upon. I think the bloke can coach, but we're simply outclassed this year.
x 2 ... this is not his team. sheens's lack of blooding teriffic young players in his last two years is now coming home to roost. potter needs a big clean out at the end of the season. lawrence, blair,reddy, utai,moltzen,fulton are yesterdays players and should be shuffled off to the the old dart. use that broom mick !
without Moltzen, Fulton and Reddy, who are your utility backs? Without Fulton who makes the extra 20 tackles in the breakdown above what a normal player should be expected to make?
as hard as it is for some to swallow, the reality is that the tigers are going nowhere this year and potter needs to blood the youth with the likes of fulton and reddy for the rest of this season to get them better prepared for f/g next season. then the old guard can take take a new direction. i still believe that the tigers should have a big cleanout and chase players like sbw or folau or both.
I dislike sowfs immensely

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 11:05 am

Benji has got minor injuries in both the last games it appears ,but he wasn't offerring anything before the injuries

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sat 11 May, 2013 11:19 am

happy tiger wrote:Benji has got minor injuries in both the last games it appears ,but he wasn't offerring anything before the injuries
Exactly, injuries cannot be used as an excuse anymore. Unfortunately we have suffered the worst round of injuries in a while, but so have the Titans.
Moltzen, Lawrence, Benji etc. have all been mediocre/average players since their big season-ending injuries. It's hard for any player to return to their best knowing a slight tingling to the damaged area produces warning signs.

Mick Potter has been drafted a poor calibre of players, and he's doing what he can for this side. I'm not in any way defending him but he hasn't done anything he shouldn't be doing. He's only got so much depth in the side to utilise. Benji's return was on him or his physio. But Mick has the right to drop him and he should. Until he is 100% or even shows a want to play in this team.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

barra

Post by barra » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:17 pm

Potter has not got a lot to work with, and I am not writing him off. But he has made some bad judgment calls IMO.

Dragging Robbie was bad.
Playing Benji the last two weeks was bad - especially last week.
Following from the above - going into an NRL game without a recognised kicker is madness.

And as for dropping then cutting Miller... who had a hand in every State Cup point in their win the last game, when we have no recognised #7... well... :brick: