MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Unread post by Furious1 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm

vlad wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 1:00 pm
What's this rubbish about Moylan going to Manly because he wants to live by the beach .
The guy who plays 7 for the Panthers lives at his parents place at Newport .
Newport? Pretty sure it's Leonay mate.

There's lots of different things being said in this thread by different people so I wont quote individuals but I can confirm the following:

Maloneys manager did in fact approach Penrith a couple of months back.

Moylan is not depressed, that is the public line.

There is imo, a much greater chance of Moylan being at WT next year than Penrith. Does that mean we will get him? I have no idea, but it shows how slim the chances are of him staying put.

For what it's worth Penrith would be crazy to bring him back this year. They are not good enough to win the comp so they might as well keep giving the young guys there the semi final experience

vlad
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by vlad » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:56 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm
vlad wrote:
What's this rubbish about Moylan going to Manly because he wants to live by the beach .

There's lots of different things being said in this thread by different people so I wont quote individuals but I can confirm the following:

There is imo, a much greater chance of Moylan being at WT next year than Penrith. Does that mean we will get him? I have no idea, but it shows how slim the chances are of him staying put.

For what it's worth Penrith would be crazy to bring him back this year. They are not good enough to win the comp so they might as well keep giving the young guys there the semi final experience
*cough*

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act ... 1b5f5ab9bb

Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary finds Newport den

WESTS Tigers coach Ivan Cleary and wife Rebecca have spent $2.3 million on a northern beaches home, which sees the family achieving their desired move ­closer to the beach.
The Newport home was bought from surfing artist and Goons of Doom musician Ozzie Wright.
The three-bedroom home, just one house from the beach, has an upstairs lounge and dining area that takes in the coastal views.

Wright paid $1.51 million for the home with his mother in 2008.

Earlier this year Cleary sold the first property he bought, a three-bedroom cottage in Collaroy.
Cleary paid $332,500 in 1995 during the season he was fullback at North Sydney Bears.
It was the same year he married Rebecca, the sister of former Bears forward Josh Stuart.
The couple lived in the home during Cleary’s three-year stint at the Roosters, but rented it while he played in New Zealand for the Warriors.

They moved into a bigger home when they returned to the northern beaches post-Warriors.
On selling their redundant home pre-auction for $2.2 million through Ray White Mona Vale agent Paul Franks, Cleary confirmed that the family was not planning on leaving the northern beaches.
Cleary has faced a turbulent start to his career as Wests Tigers head coach having taken over from Jason Taylor back in April.

The club sits second bottom on the ladder, one rung above the ­resurgent Newcastle Knights.
Cleary, who grew up in Beacon Hill, and Rebecca have four children, including NRL rookie Nathan, who plays for the Panthers.

---------------

TopTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by TopTiger » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 3:05 pm

Part of the deal to sign with the Tigers is for Moylan to move in with the Clearys (added bonus of getting driven to and from training etc) if living close to the beach is so appealing!!

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 3:17 pm

vlad wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:56 pm
Furious1 wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm
vlad wrote:

*cough*

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act ... 1b5f5ab9bb

Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary finds Newport den

WESTS Tigers coach Ivan Cleary and wife Rebecca have spent $2.3 million on a northern beaches home, which sees the family achieving their desired move ­closer to the beach.
The Newport home was bought from surfing artist and Goons of Doom musician Ozzie Wright.
The three-bedroom home, just one house from the beach, has an upstairs lounge and dining area that takes in the coastal views.

Wright paid $1.51 million for the home with his mother in 2008.

Earlier this year Cleary sold the first property he bought, a three-bedroom cottage in Collaroy.
Cleary paid $332,500 in 1995 during the season he was fullback at North Sydney Bears.
It was the same year he married Rebecca, the sister of former Bears forward Josh Stuart.
The couple lived in the home during Cleary’s three-year stint at the Roosters, but rented it while he played in New Zealand for the Warriors.

They moved into a bigger home when they returned to the northern beaches post-Warriors.
On selling their redundant home pre-auction for $2.2 million through Ray White Mona Vale agent Paul Franks, Cleary confirmed that the family was not planning on leaving the northern beaches.
Cleary has faced a turbulent start to his career as Wests Tigers head coach having taken over from Jason Taylor back in April.

The club sits second bottom on the ladder, one rung above the ­resurgent Newcastle Knights.
Cleary, who grew up in Beacon Hill, and Rebecca have four children, including NRL rookie Nathan, who plays for the Panthers.

---------------
👍
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... xpzs4.html

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Harvey » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 5:28 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 7:34 am
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:47 pm
Flash089 wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:54 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 2:41 pm

Kenny Edwards is a top-tier loose cannon, brain-explosion candidate. No thanks.
You mean like Nathan Brown was for us before he left and real coaches sorted him out
:brick: :brick:
You do realise that Nathan Brown is at the very club we speak of? So whatever the "real coaches" at Parra did for Nathan, they aren't doing it for Kenny.
Brown always had the talent. Unfortunately the coach we had at the time appeared not to be able to see it. Cleary obviously has that ability to recognise a player's talent and bring out the best in him.
Brown was fat and lazy with us. Love his enforcer tag. He had the crap beaten out of him in a NYC game and later put on a show of pushing trainers and team mates. "Hold me back, hold me back ". He still has a stupid play in him when losing and under pressure

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 5:34 pm

Harvey wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 5:28 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 7:34 am
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:47 pm
Flash089 wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:54 pm

You mean like Nathan Brown was for us before he left and real coaches sorted him out
:brick: :brick:
You do realise that Nathan Brown is at the very club we speak of? So whatever the "real coaches" at Parra did for Nathan, they aren't doing it for Kenny.
Brown always had the talent. Unfortunately the coach we had at the time appeared not to be able to see it. Cleary obviously has that ability to recognise a player's talent and bring out the best in him.
Brown was fat and lazy with us. Love his enforcer tag. He had the crap beaten out of him in a NYC game and later put on a show of pushing trainers and team mates. "Hold me back, hold me back ". He still has a stupid play in him when losing and under pressure
But it comes back to a coach having the presence of mind to recognise talent within a player. It was obvious he needed refinement but he had the drive, the aggression and talent we required. Most importantly, he was an NRL standard (or higher) player who was one of our own. A most inglorious episode in our history.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 117 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 7:21 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 1:14 pm
vlad wrote:
Isn't concord near the beach, gee I hope it is :shock:
No it's in Queensland!

willow
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by willow » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 3:34 am

Tigers17 wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 12:55 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 12:41 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 11:55 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 7:33 am
7th Tackle: The club firming for Moylan's signature

Josh Massoud and Liam Cox
7Sport / 30 minutes ago

Matt Moylan has a club of preference should he not resolve his issues at Penrith.

The Panthers skipper has told close mates he’d be most keen on joining Manly, where old assistant coach Trent Barrett awaits.

We told you last week about all the factors in Cronulla’s favour – and make no mistake – the Sharks are willing to offer James Maloney as a straight-out swap.

While Moylan would no doubt like to re-unite with a host of former Panthers in the Shire, he is closest to Barrett.

Remarkably, the Sea Eagles coach picked up the phone and offered condolence to Moylan when he was dropped for breaching team protocol in April.

Manly also ticks Moylan’s desire to live closer to the beach.

It’s understood eight clubs have expressed interest in his signature, including believe it or not – the Bulldogs.

None too impressed about his current absence from Penrith being presented as a mental issue, Moylan is giving them close consideration.

At the same time, Panthers officials haven’t been impressed by his application to injury rehab and recovery.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/37 ... signature/

Yee ole..'told close mates'..
You're on the money again Geo.
Let's start with Massoud , this is the individual who told one and all that Connor Watson had signed with the Tigers. Credibility NIL.
Manly don't have any money in their cap, have you ever heard of the Trbojevic brothers there goes the bulk of Matai and Stewarts money plus full freight for Sironen and Uate in 2018 and beyond. Their only chance is to move Green on to the Warriors and then find some money could happen, but its not going to be easy.
Maloney will not go to Penrith it is insane to think so, he may go to Souths or Newcastle but on big money.
Penrith's priorities are 1- Sign Edwards. 2-Sign May. 3- Get Griffin to do a man-management course in the off-season. 4- Hope that they can keep Blake, Peachy, Yeo and Campbell-Gillard happy on ordinary contracts.
If ever there was any doubt about Moylan leaving Penrith that was dispelled last Saturday night when Bryce Cartwright put on his best display of the season.
When Moylan is released in a few weeks if Ivan decides he wants him at the Tigers we are in with a huge chance. We have money in the cap, and wasn't Harry Triguboff made a Life-Member the other week back.

Moylan is either staying put or going to Manly. We are not in the race. Anyway we should get a answer soon when Penrith season comes to a end
And your source is WHO ??.
It's called commonsense. Moylan will not be in a Wests Tigers jersey next season.

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Spartan117 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:24 am

Andrew Webster on BSB this morning

Said that Moylan wants to stay and if he leaves he cant see anything other than him joining the Tigers

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/ZAP4EY.mp3

around the 9 min mark

Moylan Vs Reynolds

Surprisingly I like J better for us as a club based on Character and personality.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:37 am

Pascoe has just released CEO's address to the members and basically said they are in no rush to fill the last two positions and are going to bide their time as there are going to be players coming on to the market . I really can't see Moylan being one of them even if he ditches Penrith

avocadoontoast
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 34 times

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:01 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:24 am

Said that Moylan wants to stay and if he leaves he cant see anything other than him joining the Tigers

around the 9 min mark

Moylan Vs Reynolds

Surprisingly I like J better for us as a club based on Character and personality.
I'm struggling to come up with anything that Reynolds does better than Moylan.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:29 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:01 am
Spartan117 wrote:

around the 9 min mark

Moylan Vs Reynolds

Inspiring a team and giving 100%, Moylan has much more going for him as far as football talent.

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:28 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:29 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:

around the 9 min mark

Moylan Vs Reynolds

Inspiring a team and giving 100%, Moylan has much more going for him as far as football talent.

Who would want such talent as Moylan .. lets face it where would he play in our team of superstars , if Moylan was interested I would immediately put Brooks on the market and even pay him out ,Moylan gets you to the next level.

Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by 851 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:53 pm

Snake wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:28 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:29 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:

around the 9 min mark

Moylan Vs Reynolds

Who would want such talent as Moylan .. lets face it where would he play in our team of superstars , if Moylan was interested I would immediately put Brooks on the market and even pay him out ,Moylan gets you to the next level.
I 100% agree with putting Brooks on the open market, but if no takers he becomes cover for injuries.
Go hard or go home

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 1:09 pm

Back to Fantasy League Trade Rage again... :roll:

I'm glad Cleary is in charge...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by 851 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 1:12 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 1:09 pm

Why is that fantasy, I don't get your condescending replies, Brooks is on $500k, not a huge wage, he could be shopped around.
Go hard or go home

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 1:30 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 1:12 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 1:09 pm

Why is that fantasy, I don't get your condescending replies, Brooks is on $500k, not a huge wage, he could be shopped around.
Per year for 2 years...Haven't we learnt from paying players to play elsewhere..it seems since Taylor was punted you have taken to Brooks in every thread ..even those that don't even relate to him...

Like the Dogs are finding now...What if the player doesn't want to leave..hence the Fantasy League Trade reference..

Play him in ISP if YOU want sure...I just believe Cleary sees things differently in regards to Brooks...

If he were to bring Moylan here which I sure hope he does it would be with a view to playing Fullback...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 117 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 2:08 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't think Moylan is quite the superstar many are proclaiming him to be? Sure he has a touch of class about him, but there are still a lot of 'rocks' in his game as well. His goal line defence has been quite pathetic at times.

He is being talked about on here as though he's the next Thurston or Cronk but he's nowhere near it, imo. Still a lot of kinks to iron out of his game, but I suppose he has potential - there's that word again! I just find it interesting that Penrith are playing better without him.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”