MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24679
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 256 times

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 3:52 pm

Where is the fun in that...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15905
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 92 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 3:54 pm

We have to try to get this up to the Rona thread.

Rona's still coming, right?
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30319
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 6:33 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 3:54 pm
We have to try to get this up to the Rona thread.

Rona's still coming, right?
Just for the record so is Christmas :dead

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 7:55 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 2:28 pm
We're close to a 0% chance of signing him realistically. I think he is guaranteed to be leaving the Panthers, he's just not coming here.
Well if he is guaranteed to be leaving, and there are 3 clubs who want him and we are one of those 3 clubs our chances are:

1/3 = 33.33%

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2623
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 8:03 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 2:28 pm
We're close to a 0% chance of signing him realistically. I think he is guaranteed to be leaving the Panthers, he's just not coming here.
Are you Matt Moylan?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...


Wildcat777
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 9:16 pm

Unread post by Wildcat777 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 8:09 pm

Don't think he will be leaving Penrith. I bet Griffin goes first. And I suspect that Moylan is aware of this. Could be wrong.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by vlad » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 10:28 pm

Wildcat777 wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 8:09 pm
Don't think he will be leaving Penrith. I bet Griffin goes first. And I suspect that Moylan is aware of this. Could be wrong.
well there's an ex penrith player who is now available to coach ...

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 12:12 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 7:55 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 2:28 pm
We're close to a 0% chance of signing him realistically. I think he is guaranteed to be leaving the Panthers, he's just not coming here.
Well if he is guaranteed to be leaving, and there are 3 clubs who want him and we are one of those 3 clubs our chances are:

1/3 = 33.33%
That would assume each club has an equal chance of signing him. There is no way in the world we are competing with clubs like Manly.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:19 am

upthetigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 12:12 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 7:55 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 2:28 pm
We're close to a 0% chance of signing him realistically. I think he is guaranteed to be leaving the Panthers, he's just not coming here.
Well if he is guaranteed to be leaving, and there are 3 clubs who want him and we are one of those 3 clubs our chances are:

1/3 = 33.33%
That would assume each club has an equal chance of signing him. There is no way in the world we are competing with clubs like Manly.
We have plenty of money to spend and Ivan as coach, surely we are a chance

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:52 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:19 am
upthetigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 12:12 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 7:55 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 2:28 pm
We're close to a 0% chance of signing him realistically. I think he is guaranteed to be leaving the Panthers, he's just not coming here.
Well if he is guaranteed to be leaving, and there are 3 clubs who want him and we are one of those 3 clubs our chances are:

1/3 = 33.33%
That would assume each club has an equal chance of signing him. There is no way in the world we are competing with clubs like Manly.
We have plenty of money to spend and Ivan as coach, surely we are a chance
Meh, not likely. We have to pay overs to attract quality and Tui was pretty much promised a full back spot. I think he deserves to start there and Cleary doesn't strike me as someone who would break promises. So if Moylan was to come here it wouldn't even be in his preferred position.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6383
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 7:47 am

Not going to happen

If he he leaves and that is a big if

Manly have plenty of cap space, a connection with Barrett and very seldom get out bided by a rival club

Cronulla has a Penrith connection with Lewis and Grahame, Maloney is reportedly being offered a arm and a leg to move to ESL and they also badly need a quality playmaker.

And with us, Cleary would not knock him back, but I think he is willing to punt that another player or two will come on to the market that suits or needs more.

I just don't see us in the race at all and I am not to fussed either way

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:17 am

upthetigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:52 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:19 am
upthetigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 12:12 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 19 Sep, 2017 7:55 pm

Well if he is guaranteed to be leaving, and there are 3 clubs who want him and we are one of those 3 clubs our chances are:

1/3 = 33.33%
That would assume each club has an equal chance of signing him. There is no way in the world we are competing with clubs like Manly.
We have plenty of money to spend and Ivan as coach, surely we are a chance
Meh, not likely. We have to pay overs to attract quality and Tui was pretty much promised a full back spot. I think he deserves to start there and Cleary doesn't strike me as someone who would break promises. So if Moylan was to come here it wouldn't even be in his preferred position.
Cool, and what happens if Tui doesn't work out?

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6383
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:44 am

Both Penrith and Manly forums are pretty confident Moylan Has signed and Green is off to the Warriors.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18494
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:02 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:17 am
upthetigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:52 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:19 am
upthetigers wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 12:12 am


That would assume each club has an equal chance of signing him. There is no way in the world we are competing with clubs like Manly.
We have plenty of money to spend and Ivan as coach, surely we are a chance
Meh, not likely. We have to pay overs to attract quality and Tui was pretty much promised a full back spot. I think he deserves to start there and Cleary doesn't strike me as someone who would break promises. So if Moylan was to come here it wouldn't even be in his preferred position.
Cool, and what happens if Tui doesn't work out?
The sky will fall.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15905
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 92 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:12 am

He's not coming to Wests.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigers17
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat 04 Feb, 2017 4:42 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Tigers17 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:14 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 7:47 am
Not going to happen

If he he leaves and that is a big if

Manly have plenty of cap space, a connection with Barrett and very seldom get out bided by a rival club

Cronulla has a Penrith connection with Lewis and Grahame, Maloney is reportedly being offered a arm and a leg to move to ESL and they also badly need a quality playmaker.

And with us, Cleary would not knock him back, but I think he is willing to punt that another player or two will come on to the market that suits or needs more.

I just don't see us in the race at all and I am not to fussed either way
Could you please explain to me how Manly have plenty of space left in their cap?
With players like Cherry Evans $1.3m,Trbojevic Bros on huge money, Dylan Walker big money, Taupau big money, Blake Green regardless if he stays or not presently on good money, paying full freight for Sironen next year, same for Uate, Koroisau and Lewis Brown lured from Penrith reasonable money, upgrade for Winterstein for 2018 plus the rest of the squad. So where's the spare money?
If Moylan is to leave Penrith and go to Manly as you seem to think, more than Blake Green will have to moved on.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1821
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:44 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:44 am
Both Penrith and Manly forums are pretty confident Moylan Has signed and Green is off to the Warriors.
That seems a pretty silly move for Manly IMO. Their fwds are their (relative) weakness, particularly the edges. Green has been a great fit for them too - suits both DCE and Tommy T.
Still, it means one less competitor should any decent edge fwds appear on the market, so good for us.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6383
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:52 am

ricksen wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:44 am
supercoach wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:44 am
Both Penrith and Manly forums are pretty confident Moylan Has signed and Green is off to the Warriors.
That seems a pretty silly move for Manly IMO. Their fwds are their (relative) weakness, particularly the edges. Green has been a great fit for them too - suits both DCE and Tommy T.
Still, it means one less competitor should any decent edge fwds appear on the market, so good for us.
You can have to many stars and not enough soldiers and your right Manly were a little soft when it comes to the forwards. Moylan strikes me as player who needs to touch the ball a lot and plan the set. not sure how he will go sharing the role with DCE. The Sharks would be a better fit, he could rum the show, he could also do it at the Tigers playing no6, but I really can't see Cleary moving Reynolds except to inject a player like Marhall of the bench.

Probably stall at Penrith now we have made so many posts

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”