Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Glennb

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Glennb » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm

Let me add 2 + 2 and get 12.

Two rumours Ive seen on the interwebs today. Merrin wants out of Panthers and Tim Grant is being shopped by the Tigers to Penrith.

Of course both of these rumours are probably rubbish and if not, still not necessarily linked but I'd take Merrin.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 1:14 pm

Glennb wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm

Two rumours Ive seen on the interwebs today. Merrin wants out of Panthers and Tim Grant is being shopped by the Tigers to Penrith.

Of course both of these rumours are probably rubbish and if not, still not necessarily linked but I'd take Merrin.
That sure would make it a "Merry" Christmas. "Granted" though it is just a rumour.
We'd have to top up Merrin a little bit though, maybe another couple of thousand a year, leaving us still possibly around half a million for spot number 30.

What d'ya Gus? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes?
Billy's 300th. Bellamy's 400th. Smith's 500th. Daughter's 21st. Nanna's 90th. Meh.
Wests Tigers 4 eva! Thug Life...

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 1:15 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Thu 14 Dec, 2017 9:21 pm
Jayden Nikorima given marching orders from Bondi!

I haven’t seen him play.......is he worth a crack at?
Double offender .. got a 12 week suspension .. was on $370K at the Chooks .. He ain't worth that much .. his litle bro at Show Ponies is a far better player and he ain't on that much with the Ponies.

barra

Post by barra » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 2:25 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:13 am
momo&medo wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 1:33 pm
From the The Mole ......
The Bulldogs are considering medically retiring Greg Eastwood after the Kiwi international forward underwent surgery for an irregular heartbeat last week.
The club is desperately trying to free up money in the salary cap to sign a halfback and question marks over Eastwood’s future see his career in doubt. The 30-year-old’s body has caused him problems in recent seasons - even before the heart problems a chronic knee injury saw him play just 33 games in the last two seasons. The Bulldogs’ new coach Dean Pay has decided to move halfback Moses Mbye to fullback next season, leaving him short of a number seven for the new season.
Eastwood will be on around $800,000 next season but if he is medically retired, he will get his money - but not out of the salary cap. That $800,000 will give the Bulldogs plenty of ammunition to find a halves partner for new signing Kieran Foran.
Dodgy as anything. You can artificially give yourself an irregular heartbeat after a night on the turps. Depends what sort of irregular heartbeat as well, some are totally fine and never present a threat to your health. Hope they get stuck with it. Insurance company will be making sure they don't have to pay it out.
He was on Fox Sports CB, has had a small op on his heart and already back to training saying he is good to play this the season.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 4:06 pm

barra wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 2:25 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
From the The Mole ......
The Bulldogs are considering medically retiring Greg Eastwood after the Kiwi international forward underwent surgery for an irregular heartbeat last week.
The club is desperately trying to free up money in the salary cap to sign a halfback and question marks over Eastwood’s future see his career in doubt. The 30-year-old’s body has caused him problems in recent seasons - even before the heart problems a chronic knee injury saw him play just 33 games in the last two seasons. The Bulldogs’ new coach Dean Pay has decided to move halfback Moses Mbye to fullback next season, leaving him short of a number seven for the new season.
Eastwood will be on around $800,000 next season but if he is medically retired, he will get his money - but not out of the salary cap. That $800,000 will give the Bulldogs plenty of ammunition to find a halves partner for new signing Kieran Foran.
Dodgy as anything. You can artificially give yourself an irregular heartbeat after a night on the turps. Depends what sort of irregular heartbeat as well, some are totally fine and never present a threat to your health. Hope they get stuck with it. Insurance company will be making sure they don't have to pay it out.
He was on Fox Sports CB, has had a small op on his heart and already back to training saying he is good to play this the season.
Ah I didn't see that.

If it were a small op, chances are he had AFib, they probably cauterised the circuit causing his heartbeat.

If it's treated it will pose no threat to him.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 4:43 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 4:06 pm
barra wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 2:25 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
From the The Mole ......
Ah I didn't see that.

If it were a small op, chances are he had AFib, they probably cauterised the circuit causing his heartbeat.

If it's treated it will pose no threat to him.

That is exactly what he had....a mate on mine had the same op....its a minor/major op is you know what I mean....i'm sure the dumb Dogs cant use that to medically retire him....

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:12 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:42 am
I think Sue as an impact prop is a really good option. He can make some great runs. He is though inconsistent.
I've always thought of Sue as a backrower, he just needs to work on his defence, his work rate and his lateral movement.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:39 pm

Tacky wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:12 pm
Earl wrote:
I think Sue as an impact prop is a really good option. He can make some great runs. He is though inconsistent.
I've always thought of Sue as a backrower, he just needs to work on his defence, his work rate and his lateral movement.
I think you just stated why he isn't a backrower. Poor defence especially because of his lateral movement. Play him at prop and tell him to smash it up.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:41 pm

Sue is a middle player.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:45 pm

Glennb wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm

Would take Merrin too
The star of the team is the team.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 6:00 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 1:15 pm
Balmainian wrote:

Double offender .. got a 12 week suspension .. was on $370K at the Chooks .. He ain't worth that much .. his litle bro at Show Ponies is a far better player and he ain't on that much with the Ponies.
I am absolutely fed up with the Chooks. The fact that the media would publish the Chooks spin that he was on 370k is a disgrace!!

The Chooks say $370k so that it looks like hey now have cap space.

Either a journo is on the pay or the journo is an absolute fool.

I am so sick of it. Greenberg is such a weak leader.

Todd- wake up. Your integrity is almost gone. It’s easy to loose it but almost impossible to get back.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:40 pm

Merrin would be a great 13 for us. Doubt it will happen though
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:47 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 6:00 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 1:15 pm
Balmainian wrote:

I am absolutely fed up with the Chooks. The fact that the media would publish the Chooks spin that he was on 370k is a disgrace!!

The Chooks say $370k so that it looks like hey now have cap space.

Either a journo is on the pay or the journo is an absolute fool.

I am so sick of it. Greenberg is such a weak leader.

Todd- wake up. Your integrity is almost gone. It’s easy to loose it but almost impossible to get back.
Politis certainly has rothfield on his side. That article he wrote saying the roosters could keep pearce despite cronk's signing was one of the more ridiculous articles of the year. I understand some journalists are going to write favourable articles for their sources, but they should do us a favour and at least try to be subtle about it.
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:53 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:53 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:54 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:39 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:50 am
I pick up Brad Arthur’s dad regularly on the bus, he confided that Brad Arthur really rates Suaso (Jesse) Sue and will be making a desperate bid to get him over to the Eels. This doesn’t really worry me, I think Sue has had years to bulk up but whilst super fit is not big enough to make a big impact. I was surprise when Woods talked him up as a prop as he is too short in my opinion.
I agree with what you’ve said, plus the fact that he goes missing in games on a regular basis
At his best he is a good player.( not great)
At his worst, he may as well be sitting with the spectators.
His good games are seldom seen.
He’s had a lot of time to be a consistently good player
Without getting there.
Can’t see why Parra would want him, but wouldn’t loose any sleep if it was true
You certainly wouldnt be getting into a bidding war for him. I can see him seeing a bit of reserves this year.
An $800k reserve grade player, says a lot about backending contracts.
:roll
Are you kidding or is he really on that much???
I thought we learned something about paying huge money to underachieving players,.surely he’s not on that, even backended

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:03 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:53 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:39 am

I agree with what you’ve said, plus the fact that he goes missing in games on a regular basis
At his best he is a good player.( not great)
At his worst, he may as well be sitting with the spectators.
His good games are seldom seen.
He’s had a lot of time to be a consistently good player
Without getting there.
Can’t see why Parra would want him, but wouldn’t loose any sleep if it was true
You certainly wouldnt be getting into a bidding war for him. I can see him seeing a bit of reserves this year.
I thought we learned something about paying huge money to underachieving players,.surely he’s not on that, even backended
No he's not on anything like that. The only rumoured possible reserve grader on an $800K back-ended contract is Greg Eastwood.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:48 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 5:06 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 6:42 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 8:15 pm
Brad Arthur desperately wants Sue at the Eels in 2019
How u know that?
Sadly, if Sue continues down the concussion path he did in 2017, he'll be joining Fulton in 2019 not the Eels....tbh, Sue needs to step up another level in 2018 for me to say lets keep him....hope he does though
Believe Sue’s career will be short lived unfortunately he has had way to many concussions and there is no reason to think next season will be any different.It is unfortunate but the modern game and litigation will see to that .

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:04 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:03 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:53 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:

No he's not on anything like that. The only rumoured possible reserve grader on an $800K back-ended contract is Greg Eastwood.
Thankgod for that

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 1:14 am

Tacky wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:12 pm
Earl wrote:
Taylor tried it and it didn't work. Gets knackered and found out in defence continually.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."