Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:33 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 09 Mar, 2018 9:35 pm
I dont mind an injury free coote.
Well we should have signed him 5 years ago then.
He reminds me of Dugan lately can find a way to the Rehab very easy.


Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:43 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:33 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 09 Mar, 2018 9:35 pm
I dont mind an injury free coote.
Well we should have signed him 5 years ago then.
He reminds me of Dugan lately can find a way to the Rehab very easy.
Rather tui coote a good plzyer tho.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:18 pm

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 9:45 pm
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:24 am
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 9:49 am
Thoughts on Luke Garner getting a chance in the NRL this year if he plays well?

Some highlights from 2017 in a busted team.

A lot to like about him. He has excellent post contact metres and seems a very good defender. Apparently Hodgo has big wraps on him.
Gee there is alot to like about him. He has great tackle technique and good defence reads. Seems to run alot like Twal in that it is all in one speed although he post contact meters is good. There is alot of upside with him.
How old is he?
I think he is 22.

We have some real talent coming through with the likes of Marsters, Felise, Twal, Gibbs, Aloiai, D Smith, Garner, McIntire, Liddle, Mikaele and Gamble.

Great times ahead!

rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle

Post by rex2ce » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:33 am

Good prospect!

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:03 pm

Waaaaayyyyy down the pecking order. Will be better off going to ESL and developing like our boy Corey
Let's make the Tigers great again!


Baze
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue 18 Apr, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Baze » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm

Looks like Ivan won’t be the only Cleary on the Bus.

Keep your eyes peeled 😉

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:08 pm

Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm
Looks like Ivan won’t be the only Cleary on the Bus.

Keep your eyes peeled 😉
Please don’t tell me you’re Smoking Gun by another name - does this one actually have a chance of being real??!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Baze
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue 18 Apr, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Baze » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:14 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:08 pm
Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm
Looks like Ivan won’t be the only Cleary on the Bus.

Keep your eyes peeled 😉
Please don’t tell me you’re Smoking Gun by another name - does this one actually have a chance of being real??!!
I’ll let you check my previous posts and you can make your own mind up of my credibility.

Due to the NRL rules nothing would could announced or signed for a while yet. Having said that, it’s looking extremely likely.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20957
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:17 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:08 pm
Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm
Looks like Ivan won’t be the only Cleary on the Bus.

Keep your eyes peeled 😉
Please don’t tell me you’re Smoking Gun by another name - does this one actually have a chance of being real??!!
Nah, he actually has a bit of credibility.

Not that we need inside info for this though, It’s been obvious since Nathan ceased negotiations with the Panthers.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:20 pm

Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:14 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:08 pm
Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm
Looks like Ivan won’t be the only Cleary on the Bus.

Keep your eyes peeled 😉
Please don’t tell me you’re Smoking Gun by another name - does this one actually have a chance of being real??!!
I’ll let you check my previous posts and you can make your own mind up of my credibility.

Due to the NRL rules nothing would could announced or signed for a while yet. Having said that, it’s looking extremely likely.
Cheers!! Sounds great
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20957
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:29 pm

I wonder what the chances are of him getting an early release

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:34 pm

according to Gus he only has to ask.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2545
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:29 pm
I wonder what the chances are of him getting an early release
When is he actually off contract end of 2019?
:sign:

Baze
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue 18 Apr, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Baze » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:29 pm
I wonder what the chances are of him getting an early release
Zero.

That’s the biggest risk factor with this one. Because he wouldn’t be able to sign with anyone but Penrith until the end of this year, there’s always that chance that he decides to change his mind. You can imagine Penrith would be doing everything they can to hang on to him.

That’s why I say extremely likely rather than 100%. We’ve all seen how quickly things can change in the NRL. Having said that, it’s no reason not be optimistic. From all accounts, if he was off contract this year he would be all but signed 😀

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3032
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:39 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:08 pm
Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm
Looks like Ivan won’t be the only Cleary on the Bus.

Keep your eyes peeled 😉
Please don’t tell me you’re Smoking Gun by another name - does this one actually have a chance of being real??!!
His first post was about Tedesco signing with the Roosters and I called him out on it but it turned out he was correct. That was some time before the Roosters rumours started surfacing strongly in the media/elsewhere too if I recall correctly. So he has some runs on the board.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20957
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm

Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:29 pm
I wonder what the chances are of him getting an early release
Zero.

That’s the biggest risk factor with this one. Because he wouldn’t be able to sign with anyone but Penrith until the end of this year, there’s always that chance that he decides to change his mind. You can imagine Penrith would be doing everything they can to hang on to him.

That’s why I say extremely likely rather than 100%. We’ve all seen how quickly things can change in the NRL. Having said that, it’s no reason not be optimistic. From all accounts, if he was off contract this year he would be all but signed 😀
Is it safe to assume Nathan would have a clause in his contract regarding his dad?

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3032
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm
Baze wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:29 pm
I wonder what the chances are of him getting an early release
Zero.

That’s the biggest risk factor with this one. Because he wouldn’t be able to sign with anyone but Penrith until the end of this year, there’s always that chance that he decides to change his mind. You can imagine Penrith would be doing everything they can to hang on to him.

That’s why I say extremely likely rather than 100%. We’ve all seen how quickly things can change in the NRL. Having said that, it’s no reason not be optimistic. From all accounts, if he was off contract this year he would be all but signed 😀
Is it safe to assume Nathan would have a clause in his contract regarding his dad?
It has been publicly stated previously that he has no such clause in his current contract.

Edit: Well at least it has been reported - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nathan ... prrb5.html

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32192
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 1:39 am

Baze has had some solid mail in the past. Nathan Cleary spells the end of Brooks as far as I can tell.

Post Reply