WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Tigerdon

Re: WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:13 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:59 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:27 pm
People defending free speech. My question, is there a limit to free speech? Or can you say absolutely anything when you are in the public spotlight? Somehow i don't think you can.
Anyone can say whatever they want, but common sense, tact and diplomacy is wise.....otherwise you risk a smack in the mouth, getting the sack or getting divorced
Agree Ink. Our players represent the WestsTigers. This year they are all doing a fantastic job on and off the field.
This has been one of the things this season that Club management has done very well. The players are playing for each other and speak very well in the media. They haven't given journos anything o attack us on. The heat is now on other teams that have problems in the dressing sheds. little tweets from players get picked up by jornos and turned into big issues.
Everyone has their own opinions on a whole range of topics, in my workplace I don't bring up certain topics because I know it's going to effect some people in the workplace and I don't what that getting in the way of the job. Or it to become an issue. It's not like we are discussion Izzy's opinion on the current play the ball ruling here. If this opinions upsets a few people at the WestsTigers and a comment from a player gets to a journo then suddenly we are in a media frenzy.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:47 pm

No. We’ve had enough drama in the past. Don’t need his. Furthermore, I doubt IC would pay that for him. That’s ridiculous
Let's make the Tigers great again!

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 7:44 pm

underdog wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:06 am
After his statements on Instagram/Twitter, No I don't want him at the club.

Goes against the no DH policy.
Agreed. If we sign Izzy after what he has said, I won't be barracking for the Tigers.

He can say what he says, and people can say he is 10000% wrong and rub it in his face (including myself a Christian). I don't want him near my team.

Which I think answers "do we want to sign him?"

As a player, he was good for an extra 6-12 points per game. He should fit on the wing, everyone says FB and everyone is wrong put the guy on the wing and watch him score those points. He can run over almost every winger but GI when he was on the wing.

But I reckon several players will go from "team first" too "stuff this". Were a family club and it totally sends the wrong message. Someone may point to a contradiction here, as I respect his right to free speech and his schultzpa for saying what he believes in. I love the West Tigers and what were doing in our community and what the WT means to me. No way should we muck with that for a single signing.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:16 pm

Would love Izzy here for the right price he does not drink do drugs bash women or fight some people are to precious these days and he is a football player and there are so many football players who think like him do you ban them all and so many people think like him in society do you ban them from attending and do you ban every person in society from attending all sporting games because you disagree with them or they say something stupid and what if he is right you meet God your a Queen and go to hell some people just need to be offended

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:19 pm

cktiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 9:23 am
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 9:13 am
weststigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:35 am
underdog wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:06 am
After his statements on Instagram/Twitter, No I don't want him at the club.

Goes against the no DH policy.
We have a number of fiercely religious guys in our team.

It's likely some will hold the same views as Izzy.

You're living under a rock if you think that everyone is love and mung beans when it comes to this topic.

To say Folau is a DH for expressing a view is the same of saying you're a DH for expressing your view isn't it?

Let's keep politics out of sport....
Folau was the one who brought it up himself, he's brought the politics into the sporting sphere himself and is a DH for doing so. He's entitled to his views, but as has been said on here before, he doesn't work for himself alone, he has an employer who has a public image linked to financial outcomes, and he is damaging that brand.

So Izzy is a DH because he puts himself first, cannot help but make public statements condemning certain lifestyles and generally hasn't learned to pull his stupid head in.

Plenty of Christians in our team as you note, who don't force their views or opinions into the public sphere. Also plenty of Christians who don't privately condemn homosexuals - it isn't all or nothing.
He was asked a question and gave his honest opinion.
I can't see how that is forcing his opinion on the public .... unlike the sponsors of his code.
It's funny how people spout inclusiveness yet are happy to condemn anyone who doesn't agree with their views.

This

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:29 pm

Value as a player or preacher? I am sure he won’t be coming as a preacher. Looking at all the comments we are struggling to tell the difference. And to be ho est we should kill this thread. Can’t speak for anyone else but is putting me to sleep.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 10:28 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:19 pm
cktiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
weststigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:35 am

We have a number of fiercely religious guys in our team.

It's likely some will hold the same views as Izzy.

You're living under a rock if you think that everyone is love and mung beans when it comes to this topic.

To say Folau is a DH for expressing a view is the same of saying you're a DH for expressing your view isn't it?

Let's keep politics out of sport....
Folau was the one who brought it up himself, he's brought the politics into the sporting sphere himself and is a DH for doing so. He's entitled to his views, but as has been said on here before, he doesn't work for himself alone, he has an employer who has a public image linked to financial outcomes, and he is damaging that brand.

So Izzy is a DH because he puts himself first, cannot help but make public statements condemning certain lifestyles and generally hasn't learned to pull his stupid head in.

Plenty of Christians in our team as you note, who don't force their views or opinions into the public sphere. Also plenty of Christians who don't privately condemn homosexuals - it isn't all or nothing.
I can't see how that is forcing his opinion on the public .... unlike the sponsors of his code.
It's funny how people spout inclusiveness yet are happy to condemn anyone who doesn't agree with their views.

This
X2

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 6:33 am

Wildcat777 wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:29 pm
Value as a player or preacher? I am sure he won’t be coming as a preacher. Looking at all the comments we are struggling to tell the difference. And to be ho est we should kill this thread. Can’t speak for anyone else but is putting me to sleep.
It went to hell very quickly

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:02 am

This thread is going well...

We signed Izzy yet...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:40 am

Mccarry wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 10:28 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
cktiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

This
X2
X3
Its an opinion!

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:11 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:02 am
This thread is going well...

We signed Izzy yet...?
Not yet...but we're desperate

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:17 am

Unfortunately you can’t separate his recent comments from this thread. It’s kind of like when we were chasing Packer, and that thread was mainly all about his assault. He happens to be topical atm and for the wrong reasons.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:17 am
Unfortunately you can’t separate his recent comments from this thread. It’s kind of like when we were chasing Packer, and that thread was mainly all about his assault. He happens to be topical atm and for the wrong reasons.
Nailed it.

I wonder about his price tag though too. Would have to be around the 800 - 1 mill mark.

Wonder if the NRL would chip in if the tigers showed interest? The precedent was already set with Hayne.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:16 am

10 pages and we haven't even shown any interest in the guy!

This will not happen.

we could pick up 2 high quality players for what he would be asking.

My bet is we are going to lose a few players next year (players asking for a release) because they aren't getting any first grade.

We'll need cash to bolster our depth.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:28 am

As a player he would not be on my priority list (at price tag > 500k), he isn't goal kicker and he isn't Taumalolo type 2nd rower.
Regarding hysterical reaction on his opinion, the same people who scream 'sack him, disgrace' are more than quit on Ms Yassmin A-M and human rights in Saudi Arabia. Please explain.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 11:04 am

I'll say a big no to Falou.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 11:34 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:40 am
Mccarry wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 10:28 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
cktiger wrote:

This
X2
X3
Just because he was asked, does not mean he had to offer his opinion, especially when that opinion is at odds with his employer and a section of the community. A simple, 'I hold some strong views on that but it is not appropriate to comment', would suffice.
I worked in a liaison role for many years with a major stakeholder that held diametrically opposed views to mine on a highly politically charged local issue. I simply refrained from comment when the topic was raised. It had nothing to do with my role and would potentially destabilize an otherwise good working relationship. Just plain dumb to do otherwise.
"Quality Stupidity"

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 1:06 pm

unfortunately we already have a player (who is probably part of the “god squad”) who has said similar things on Twitter during the yes vote, but nobody has written about it in the media because he is not a high profile player
Tigers for 2022!