Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
Tigerstruck
Member
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 9:10 am

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Tigerstruck » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:54 am
Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
Four players i would like us to have a crack at Jonus Pearson , Robert Jennings for the backs and Peni Terepo , Rhyse Martin in the forwards. All these guys wouldnt be on big dollars and imo would add to our squad. And would still leave a big chunk of cash if the right big name player comes on to the market
X2 for Martin.
Good goal kicker too.


I also like Tepai Moeroa @ Parra too.
Would love Rhyse Martin at the club, just the forward we're looking for IMO, and as mentioned, good goalkicking option too


prattenparkchild
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun 07 May, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by prattenparkchild » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:34 pm

I trust Cleary to recruit as well as possible with what is available on the player market. With the players not renewed, there is some signal there on what positions he is looking to recruit in. Sure, a gun prop and second rower would be fantastic, I hope we can succeed is snaring them. I think the player meat market for 2019 Will start to throw up more potential offerings as this season starts to close down and all clubs player needs become clearer for 2019. We have the money to make competitive offers and I think we have a good plan / vision to tempt most potential players. Let's be honest here, some players will never come here or to some other clubs for their own reasons. No point bashing ourselves over it. Storm, Broncos and Roosters will always have the star factor for whatever reason for certain players. All we can do is make a competitive offer and if they tell us to go away, so be it. All we can do is get into a position to rub their noses in it later. I love the situation Moses and Woofs found themselves in this year compared to the 'no hopers' at WT they left and dumped on.

Longer term issues of extended contracts for injury plagued players e.g. Reynolds will be resolved hopefully by end of next season.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28375
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:59 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
can all on this forum believe that at present there is not one creditable lead to us signing any players for 2019. even the crap sides have had major signings but not us.



Newsflash..we rank highly among the crap sides
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 3:04 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:59 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
can all on this forum believe that at present there is not one creditable lead to us signing any players for 2019. even the crap sides have had major signings but not us.



Newsflash..we rank highly among the crap sides

I hear we are right up there.....with little threat to losing our position :roll

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:11 pm

Listen this is not bashing the club or Ivan, but really dont u all think that, not one player has been linked to us even at this stage of the year, it is becoming a worrying trend i think. not even the so call people in the know have thrown up any names.


tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 616
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:13 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:11 pm
Listen this is not bashing the club or Ivan, but really dont u all think that, not one player has been linked to us even at this stage of the year, it is becoming a worrying trend i think. not even the so call people in the know have thrown up any names.
THE POM put segeyaro and a player from the UK forward as player's we were lookingat in the last week or so

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3399
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:16 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:34 pm
I trust Cleary to recruit as well as possible with what is available on the player market. With the players not renewed, there is some signal there on what positions he is looking to recruit in. Sure, a gun prop and second rower would be fantastic, I hope we can succeed is snaring them. I think the player meat market for 2019 Will start to throw up more potential offerings as this season starts to close down and all clubs player needs become clearer for 2019. We have the money to make competitive offers and I think we have a good plan / vision to tempt most potential players. Let's be honest here, some players will never come here or to some other clubs for their own reasons. No point bashing ourselves over it. Storm, Broncos and Roosters will always have the star factor for whatever reason for certain players. All we can do is make a competitive offer and if they tell us to go away, so be it. All we can do is get into a position to rub their noses in it later. I love the situation Moses and Woofs found themselves in this year compared to the 'no hopers' at WT they left and dumped on.

Longer term issues of extended contracts for injury plagued players e.g. Reynolds will be resolved hopefully by end of next season.
Yep will fill the gaps with the best available like Ramien. Oops our bus is still at the depot

Kerry Cogger
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:36 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:11 pm
Listen this is not bashing the club or Ivan, but really dont u all think that, not one player has been linked to us even at this stage of the year, it is becoming a worrying trend i think. not even the so call people in the know have thrown up any names.

Or just maybe it is a sign that all the insidious leaks from within that has ruined the club for a long while has ceased.I have faith in Ivans recruitment policy.OUR PHYSIO REHAB TEAM NOT SO SURE.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1166
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:44 pm

The great thing about contracts being worth less than toilet paper these days, is that players come on and off the market 12 months of the year.

Player Managers regularly update clubs on players who are about to hit the market, and I'm sure the Tigers knows what positions need strengthening. Its just the process.

No need to slit our wrists because the Lurker and Danny Weidler havn't linked us to anyone lately. Just be patient for the right player to become available, and the 300 page "will he, won't he" threads will blossom like daisies on here.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4502
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 5:22 pm

For all we know Ivan could have already signed 6 players.

Newsflash.... He doesn't need to tell us and the club now knows how to stop leaks.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 5:59 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 5:22 pm
For all we know Ivan could have already signed 6 players.

Newsflash.... He doesn't need to tell us and the club now knows how to stop leaks.
That is right
Ivan may have signed players from other clubs already
Maybe it's all hush hush because we still need to play against them before the end of the year
Or
Ivan and the players in question want to keep it quiet for fear of being dropped to ISP for the rest of the year
Only Ivan Knows for sure
The thing is we have let players go
Now the positions need to be filled
And they will be in due course

I would rather wait till the end of the season for a Magnum icecream then get another Paddle pop now

I dont want another Tui or Rochow
I want a T P Junior or Oats or even a Kikau
Players that have the ability to be a game breaker

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 616
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 6:12 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 5:59 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 5:22 pm
For all we know Ivan could have already signed 6 players.

Newsflash.... He doesn't need to tell us and the club now knows how to stop leaks.
That is right
Ivan may have signed players from other clubs already
Maybe it's all hush hush because we still need to play against them before the end of the year
Or
Ivan and the players in question want to keep it quiet for fear of being dropped to ISP for the rest of the year
Only Ivan Knows for sure
The thing is we have let players go
Now the positions need to be filled
And they will be in due course

I would rather wait till the end of the season for a Magnum icecream then get another Paddle pop now

I dont want another Tui or Rochow
I want a T P Junior or Oats or even a Kikau
Players that have the ability to be a game breaker
Clubs may have also released players to us but are in contention for the title and want it kept quite for obvious reasons

We just have to be patient

I'm sure IC knows what he is doing

User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Roar Power » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 6:29 pm

It's the hope that keeps us sane...

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 7:06 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 6:12 pm

We just have to be patient

I'm sure IC knows what he is doing
Hear, hear :sign:

Sadly, too many WT forumers have nano second attention span, and act as spoiled children, 'throw toys
from my cot' :)
Immediate gratification is the only acceptable outcome :brick:

I would say:
- Cleary has made the difference, and milked as much as possible from this group of players;
- Improved number of players: Lawrence, Brooks, Twal, and signed great value for money players like Thompson and Fonua;
- He improved our defence, especially Brooks;

Many would agree that our weakest part is our forwards, Matulino and Packer even if cheaper than Woods, did not play up to our expectation, and can be argued that we really miss 'meter eater' Woods.
It does not matter if we sign a few super fast backs and Nathan Cleary, our go forward, and ruck defence will still be the problem.
Our priority must be signing aggressive/poweful forwards, IMHO we need at least 6 new forwards:
- 2 props - players like A Paasi, Napa, Boyd, Gillard;
- 3 2nd rowers - players like Taukeiaho, Kikau, Frisell, Papalii;
- lock - Taumalolo, Taupau

Go Tigers :sign:

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4910
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 7:19 pm

Nothing like waiting 7 years for instant gratification.

Chipofftheoldblock
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:07 am
Location: London

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 7:20 pm

Nathan Cleary would not come to this club unless we have the cattle in the pack to provide the go-forward he requires. If Ivan can bring his son here, then in his right mind he will also have the right players to support him to achieve success.
Ivan has a plan and i look forward to seeing this come through. Just wish Reynolds can sort his body out and provide some value for money because I am not sure how much longer we can milk Benji for.

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2796
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 8:33 pm

:sign:

User avatar
helmesy
Member
Member
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Sydney

Post by helmesy » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 9:01 pm

WT2K wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 8:33 pm
Fingers crossed!

Post Reply