Farah to SOUTH SYDNEY in 2017..OFFICIAL..

hobbo

Re: Farah to SOUTH SYDNEY in 2017..OFFICIAL..

Post by hobbo » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 6:56 pm
if he was available before June 30 id have him back maybe a swap with MM seeing he cant get a look in. He'd get his swan song and he'd only be around for 12 or so games how much damage could he do?
X2
He's still better than any hooker we currently have .
He'd also give the squad a huge lift and would most likely guarantee us a finals berth .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:10 pm

Well going by past comments from people supposedly close to club personnel, RF is persona nongrata.

I think he has burnt his bridges at the Tigers.

Personally, I can’t see him coming back. The split was nasty and some things can’t be undone.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm

It goes deeper than Taylor. Some of you just refuse to get it.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm
Ok - let us all in on the background story.
Personally I think it was disgusting the way the club handled his exit.
If you know better then spill your guts.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:14 pm

Taylor wasn't the only one that wanted Farah gone ..I think is what GNR is saying...

Some faceless men perhaps..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:21 pm

This is true, I only know one person currently involved in the club and the only thing they ever told me point blank was Farah had to go, and wouldn't be coming back.

Nonetheless, he actually shed blood for the team and always put in and so over time I've become more sympathetic towards him as we've seen "people" like Moses come and go.

That's why I think the best thing is to forgive, forget and move on from the whole 2013-2017 era.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:39 pm

JT was the hatchet man whose main job was to get Farah out of the club imo... JT didn't last long after that was achieved

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:49 pm

cktiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:11 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm
Ok - let us all in on the background story.
Personally I think it was disgusting the way the club handled his exit.
If you know better then spill your guts.
I guess they could have come out said they had depression. That seems to work.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:39 pm
JT was the hatchet man whose main job was to get Farah out of the club imo... JT didn't last long after that was achieved
That's how ive viewed the whole situation when it occurred.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:51 pm

Farah like many of us has two sides. I come from a large family and two of them are real goers, really high achievers and always serious - but their downer is that you can't go anywhere next to them most of the time. Cranky over small matters, wanted everything done yesterday etc etc. But boy have they achieved a lot that ordinary slackers could never do.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm

Robbies company is called 247 because that's how many games he played for the Tigers if he came back he would need to rename it

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 7:50 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:39 pm
All hail JT! Got rid of the most selfish player in the NRL from the Tigers.

Whilst many people don’t like him, he got us within one win of the top 8 (that was the season where we lost to Newcastle with the 2 balls on the field.)

On top of that, you had Simona throwing games.

I’m not saying I’m the biggest fan of JT, but these details need to be remembered.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 8:56 am

My take on it....JT was a disaster and had our club in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.
He sent us backwards, and while some will now suggest that he was a hatchet man, I dont believe for a minute when he was hired that it was for any reason other than to coach, and take what was looking like an exciting young team to the next level. He didnt, and it became very clear quickly that he was out of his depth with his inability to get the best from the players he had, and his Taylor Ball that sucked the life from us.
He had limited funds to spend and saw an opportunity to free up cap space by targeting Farah.
He created a picture of a divided roster, which divided the fans, and did little to develop the squad and build on its potential.
The plan backfired resulting in a public and personnel vendetta to get rid of Farah resulting in actions from both men that made us a laughing stock, and impossible for either to remain at the club. The fall out continued after he was sacked, and only with some level headied and quality man management from Cleary and Pascoe things are looking bright for the future.
Those who hate Farah will find ways to spin a positive on his tenure, but his appointment was the worst and most damaging decision the club has made.
If thats how he is remembered as the hatchet man who got rid of a club legend what a sad indictment on a man who thought he could coach.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:02 am

More proof yet again

Our CURRENT team is performing 100% above our expectations , Recruitment and Retention looking good , Players are showing up every week and giving 110% , Most are happy with the coach ,Management have us heading in the right direction and everything seems stable

Yet here we are arguing about a player at Souths and a coach at the Roosters and a situation that should be so far in everyone's rear vision mirror it's not funny

I just don't get this place sometimes

Wish Robbie and Taylor the best of luck for the future ........