Farah to SOUTH SYDNEY in 2017..OFFICIAL..

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Farah to SOUTH SYDNEY in 2017..OFFICIAL..

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:07 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:19 am
He was good but as said above, its very easy to shine behind that pack. Jacob LIddle would go to the next level playing behind a pack like that which bends the advantage line and gets quick play the balls.

For the same reason I want to see more of Nathan Clearly before we commit $1m a year.
At this stage you can't mention Farah and Jacob in the same sentence - Liddle after about 20 heavy tackles would be St Vinnes ICU. No disrespect meant but it is true and disrespect is shown to RF.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4969
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:13 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:03 am
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:40 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:27 am
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:14 am
Had a great game considering he hasn't played first grade for 9 months.

80 minutes
62 tackles
Try assist
5 MT

He didn't overplay his hand, only ran the ball 6 times and put 2 kicks in. Missed tackles seen to come in the last 10 minutes when the entire Souths team ran out of gas.

Was the top Supercoach scorer for the game also
Wasn't counting - you say he ran 6 times - was caught out 5 times, ran about 20 metres.
He only thinks he is as quick as he was 5 years ago.

Ran for 54m but yeah nothing special.

Agree that he doesn't have the speed he once had, but going back a few years he would of overplayed his hand. 5 runs and 2 kicks, I think he has had plenty of humble pie and taken his involvement back to where it should be.

His service was good until the end of the game where I guess he was cooked.

Doubt he will see much more first grade, unless Cook gets injured.

I think he will end up at a different NRL club next year if they have an inconsistent hooker. Probably has 2 years left in him.

If he was prepared to take a backseat to Liddle and help mentor him he would be solid cover for us but doubt it will happen.
Posted in the middle of Tweeds post above - this is a correction.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Liddle myself - in fact wouldn't want him anywhere near the team, now or ever.

Takes hundreds of years to get rid of toxic material.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:23 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:03 am
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:40 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:27 am


Wasn't counting - you say he ran 6 times - was caught out 5 times, ran about 20 metres.
He only thinks he is as quick as he was 5 years ago.

Ran for 54m but yeah nothing special.

Agree that he doesn't have the speed he once had, but going back a few years he would of overplayed his hand. 5 runs and 2 kicks, I think he has had plenty of humble pie and taken his involvement back to where it should be.

His service was good until the end of the game where I guess he was cooked.

Doubt he will see much more first grade, unless Cook gets injured.

I think he will end up at a different NRL club next year if they have an inconsistent hooker. Probably has 2 years left in him.

If he was prepared to take a backseat to Liddle and help mentor him he would be solid cover for us but doubt it will happen.
Posted in the middle of Tweeds post above - this is a correction.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Liddle myself - in fact wouldn't want him anywhere near the team, now or ever.

Takes hundreds of years to get rid of toxic material.
I didn't notice the 54m, I noticed what Russ did which was him getting caught out on his darts and rag dolled. His running game isn't what it was but otherwise yeah, he had a pretty good game and was doing what I think Taylor wanted from him all along which is giving good, quick service out in front of his halves and forwards. Based on that game he's still easily in the top 16 hookers running around and should have a first grade spot somewhere week in, week out. Not here though, we don't need the drama.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:23 am

Seibold, when interviewed after game last night stated that he kept Farah in good stead by communicating with him and being transparent though demoting him.

Whereas Jason T did not care who toes he trod on, maybe accusing Farah of being selfish by representing Australia. Just as Seibold dragged Farah out of reserves for a wonderful game Jason could have done that 2 years ago when we were on verge of reaching finals.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:32 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:23 am
Seibold, when interviewed after game last night stated that he kept Farah in good stead by communicating with him and being transparent though demoting him.

Whereas Jason T did not care who toes he trod on, maybe accusing Farah of being selfish by representing Australia. Just as Seibold dragged Farah out of reserves for a wonderful game Jason could have done that 2 years ago when we were on verge of reaching finals.
No he couldn’t becaus Robbie was always ‘injured’ and unable to play reserves to maintain his match fitness and show he was ready.

Robbie couldn’t control JTs actions but he could control his own and how he responded. Unfortunately he choose to respond poorly.


tonza
Member
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:50 am

Post by tonza » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:33 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:23 am
Seibold, when interviewed after game last night stated that he kept Farah in good stead by communicating with him and being transparent though demoting him.

Whereas Jason T did not care who toes he trod on, maybe accusing Farah of being selfish by representing Australia. Just as Seibold dragged Farah out of reserves for a wonderful game Jason could have done that 2 years ago when we were on verge of reaching finals.
Yes its is called man management. JT had plenty of football nouse however sadly lacked man management skills. It is amazing the difference when you treat people with respect.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6242
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:34 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:23 am
Seibold, when interviewed after game last night stated that he kept Farah in good stead by communicating with him and being transparent though demoting him.

Whereas Jason T did not care who toes he trod on, maybe accusing Farah of being selfish by representing Australia. Just as Seibold dragged Farah out of reserves for a wonderful game Jason could have done that 2 years ago when we were on verge of reaching finals.
He could have done that, should have done that, but his huge ego wouldn't let him, he was a top shelf dud coach, glad we don't have him anywhere near here anymore.
And those who think Liddle could have done what Farah did last night, come on, Liddle would have been gassed or busted after the first 20 tackles.
Go hard or go home

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 2048
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:35 am

oh, our ex prima donna that is always injured for ISP? Is he busy watching NFL in US, as is below him to train as other players? Or does he smells that he can kick out another coach? IMHO, his best position with WT is on Pluto or Neptune :deadhorse:

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:38 am

851 wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:34 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:23 am
Seibold, when interviewed after game last night stated that he kept Farah in good stead by communicating with him and being transparent though demoting him.

Whereas Jason T did not care who toes he trod on, maybe accusing Farah of being selfish by representing Australia. Just as Seibold dragged Farah out of reserves for a wonderful game Jason could have done that 2 years ago when we were on verge of reaching finals.
He could have done that, should have done that, but his huge ego wouldn't let him, he was a top shelf dud coach, glad we don't have him anywhere near here anymore.
And those who think Liddle could have done what Farah did last night, come on, Liddle would have been gassed or busted after the first 20 tackles.
There were two huge egos involved in the whole saga. I think RF's ego has come back down over the last couple of years which probably makes it a lot easier to manage him...

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28961
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:43 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:14 am
Easy to shine behind a hot pack like that
Does the same apply to halves...?
You know it does. Don't know why u ask the question... I guess you have something lined up

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6242
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:47 am

Nelson wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:38 am
851 wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:34 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:23 am
Seibold, when interviewed after game last night stated that he kept Farah in good stead by communicating with him and being transparent though demoting him.

Whereas Jason T did not care who toes he trod on, maybe accusing Farah of being selfish by representing Australia. Just as Seibold dragged Farah out of reserves for a wonderful game Jason could have done that 2 years ago when we were on verge of reaching finals.
He could have done that, should have done that, but his huge ego wouldn't let him, he was a top shelf dud coach, glad we don't have him anywhere near here anymore.
And those who think Liddle could have done what Farah did last night, come on, Liddle would have been gassed or busted after the first 20 tackles.
There were two huge egos involved in the whole saga. I think RF's ego has come back down over the last couple of years which probably makes it a lot easier to manage him...
True Nelson, Farah was not blameless, but JT handled that like it was a peeing contest, and that just turned everything to poo. A decent coach, or any coach for that matter would have said Robbie you can get your 250 games this year, play finals, but you will have to move in to an off field role next year. Or you can move on to another club after we give you a big send off, but JT allowed Farah none of that, and a big kick in the nuts to 15 odd years service, I could only imagine if that happened to JT when he was playing. Because everything JT accused Farah of doing or causing, JT commited all of that as a player, and fought with almost every coach.
Last edited by 851 on Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or go home

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:48 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:35 am
oh, our ex prima donna that is always injured for ISP? Is he busy watching NFL in US, as is below him to train as other players? Or does he smells that he can kick out another coach? IMHO, his best position with WT is on Pluto or Neptune :deadhorse:
Farah would come back from the break in good condition whereas Brooks, a much younger guy, would come back flabby and unfit who couldn't run uphill. Farah knew his game backwards whereas the halves were ball fluffers and tackle fluffers.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:56 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:48 am
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:35 am
oh, our ex prima donna that is always injured for ISP? Is he busy watching NFL in US, as is below him to train as other players? Or does he smells that he can kick out another coach? IMHO, his best position with WT is on Pluto or Neptune :deadhorse:
Farah would come back from the break in good condition whereas Brooks, a much younger guy, would come back flabby and unfit who couldn't run uphill. Farah knew his game backwards whereas the halves weren't ball fluffers and tackle fluffers.
What's a ball fluffer..... it sounds good.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm

Should have been "were ball fluffers". Brookes and Moses (my cos) were notorious for losing the ball and falling off tackles they would fluff it. Bumfluff!
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22197
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 12:08 pm

I think a lot of it had to do with “the big 4” Moses and Tedesco didn’t want to play with him, so in an effort to appease them, because they were the then future of the club, Taylor punted him and bore the brunt of the criticism. Taylor really didn’t give a toss about the hate he received, so it was water off a ducks back taking the blame. Funny how in Farah’s first game against us, he tried to break Moses ankle.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 12:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 12:08 pm
I think a lot of it had to do with “the big 4” Moses and Tedesco didn’t want to play with him, so in an effort to appease them, because they were the then future of the club, Taylor punted him and bore the brunt of the criticism. Taylor really didn’t give a toss about the hate he received, so it was water off a ducks back taking the blame. Funny how in Farah’s first game against us, he tried to break Moses ankle.
And now gets applauded for it and some may wish it was Moses' neck instead but then in Lebo World Cup squad they were terrific together - that is footie. One year on Farah's reputation if probably better that three out of the four.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 12:17 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm
Should have been "were ball fluffers". Brookes and Moses (my cos) were notorious for losing the ball and falling off tackles they would fluff it. Bumfluff!
Was hoping for something more like your red rattler pole story.

philgood
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by philgood » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 12:29 pm

Great game by Farah last night. Bring our 2nd prodigal son home!

Post Reply