White ant Benny

Fumbles

Re: White ant Benny

Post by Fumbles » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 5:17 pm

Abraham wrote:I highly doubt that Wayne Bennett of all people would have changed up the Broncos' entire recruitment strategy after hearing Benny make a comment in the papers.

The journos go to Benny because they know he is good for a headline, and Benny always obliges.

Nothing more than that, and it wont have any impact on Brooksy's negotiations with us or any other club.
The fact is the Broncos' have inquired about Brooks and Benny being Benny is just repeating something he has heard.
Why ? Who knows just like Farah both supposedly love the club but appear to love causing the club and supporters grief even more.

Tedesco will be signed then Moses then Woods. Brooks will have to settle for whatever is leftover take it or leave it.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 11:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
eyewonder wrote:benny is the medias go to guy when they are searching for a story. the more sensational,the better.

he has been successful in business so he must have some smarts.
The leader of the free world is a successful businessman and we're all currently witnessing the smarts he has.
Not the best example, he went into bankruptcy four times. He only survived because his creditors thought his assets was better with his name there than without it. But Benny and Trump have some other attributes that are similar but prefer not to broadcast here.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 19 Feb, 2017 1:17 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
eyewonder wrote:benny is the medias go to guy when they are searching for a story. the more sensational,the better.

The leader of the free world is a successful businessman and we're all currently witnessing the smarts he has.
Not the best example, he went into bankruptcy four times. He only survived because his creditors thought his assets was better with his name there than without it. But Benny and Trump have some other attributes that are similar but prefer not to broadcast here.
Is it the comb over?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2017 1:53 am

Geo. wrote:I counter BDB with Steve Renouf..

Target Taylor at all costs

By Joel GouldFebruary 18, 2017

IT will mean waiting an extra year but Broncos great Steve Renouf insists Titans half Ash Taylor should be the club’s prime target to replace Ben Hunt.

Renouf believes the 21-year-old former Bronco, signed to the Titans until the end of 2018, is the perfect partner for Anthony Milford and that the duo could emulate the deeds of Kevin Walters and Allan Langer.

The Broncos won’t rush into replacing Hunt and are prepared to have a short-term half in 2018 if required.

RLW understands the following about Brisbane’s plans:

The Broncos will seek the “right man” and are prepared to wait to get him rather than sign the best “available man” in 2018.
Off-contract Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks aren’t on the club’s radar and neither is Warriors half Shaun Johnson. Kieran Foran, while highly regarded, is a “question mark” until he returns to the game.

Titans duo Taylor and Kane Elgey are off contract at the end of 2018 and are considered prime targets, as is Panthers teenager Nathan Cleary, who’s off at the end of 2019.
Michael Morgan is also in the picture but the Broncos believe he won’t leave North Queensland.
The Broncos are preparing a long-term deal for off-contract Milford and he’s certain to sign.

Renouf told RLW five years ago that he believed a then 16-year-old Taylor was the man to succeed Darren Lockyer.

“Bring Ash back to the Broncos and going forward he and Milford can be the next Walters and Langer at club, state and national level,” Renouf reckons.

“Alf was the off-the-cuff player and nine times out of 10 Kevvie was our organiser. I see Ash as a genuine organiser and then he can let Milford do what only he can do . . .

“Ben Hunt is an off-the-cuff player as well in many ways, so he and Milford are the same. But Ash will complement Milford because he is a pure halfback who organises and creates. He learned his trade there.

“I was disappointed when Ash was let go [at the end of 2015], but it was a good thing for him in the end because he proved to everyone he’s the real deal. But I’d love to see him back at the Broncos.”

Broncos CEO Paul White has flagged going to the market to replace Hunt but hasn’t ruled out the possibility his replacement “could come from within”.

“We’re a development club. We’re always confident that our program will be able to develop the majority of talent that fills our roster,” White says.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/target-ta ... 9635615955
Try and remind me who also said that Geo ??

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Feb, 2017 1:09 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Is it the comb over?
I was not referring to this entry:
http://www.smh.com.au/business/benny-el ... 12t5e.html

but to something more Kaftaque
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 19 Feb, 2017 1:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:

IT will mean waiting an extra year but Broncos great Steve Renouf insists Titans half Ash Taylor should be the club’s prime target to replace Ben Hunt.

Renouf believes the 21-year-old former Bronco, signed to the Titans until the end of 2018, is the perfect partner for Anthony Milford and that the duo could emulate the deeds of Kevin Walters and Allan Langer.

The Broncos won’t rush into replacing Hunt and are prepared to have a short-term half in 2018 if required.

The Broncos will seek the “right man” and are prepared to wait to get him rather than sign the best “available man” in 2018.
Off-contract Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks aren’t on the club’s radar and neither is Warriors half Shaun Johnson. Kieran Foran, while highly regarded, is a “question mark” until he returns to the game.

Titans duo Taylor and Kane Elgey are off contract at the end of 2018 and are considered prime targets, as is Panthers teenager Nathan Cleary, who’s off at the end of 2019.
Michael Morgan is also in the picture but the Broncos believe he won’t leave North Queensland.
The Broncos are preparing a long-term deal for off-contract Milford and he’s certain to sign.

Renouf told RLW five years ago that he believed a then 16-year-old Taylor was the man to succeed Darren Lockyer.

“Bring Ash back to the Broncos and going forward he and Milford can be the next Walters and Langer at club, state and national level,” Renouf reckons.

“Alf was the off-the-cuff player and nine times out of 10 Kevvie was our organiser. I see Ash as a genuine organiser and then he can let Milford do what only he can do . . .

“Ben Hunt is an off-the-cuff player as well in many ways, so he and Milford are the same. But Ash will complement Milford because he is a pure halfback who organises and creates. He learned his trade there.

“I was disappointed when Ash was let go [at the end of 2015], but it was a good thing for him in the end because he proved to everyone he’s the real deal. But I’d love to see him back at the Broncos.”

Broncos CEO Paul White has flagged going to the market to replace Hunt but hasn’t ruled out the possibility his replacement “could come from within”.

“We’re a development club. We’re always confident that our program will be able to develop the majority of talent that fills our roster,” White says.

Scott Prince.... :?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2017 6:24 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Scott Prince.... :?
100 x's

"I must remember when Happy drops a gem in my lap to acknowledge his genius"

I said it numbskull

Scott Prince just said No

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 3:21 pm

Gotal1993 wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 3:05 pm
Hello All members,

Ants and termites are the most rich creatures on earth. Their natural achievement is ascribed to their social life. They live in states comprising of few recreating people, while the vast greater part of province individuals (labourers/officers) forego propagation in any event temporarily. Notwithstanding their clear similarity in social association, the two gatherings developed social life freely. Termites are fundamentally social cockroaches, while ants developed from savage wasps.
?

vlad

Post by vlad » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 3:37 pm

Gotal1993 wrote:
Hello All members,

Ants and termites are the most rich creatures on earth. Their natural achievement is ascribed to their social life. They live in states comprising of few recreating people, while the vast greater part of province individuals (labourers/officers) forego propagation in any event temporarily. Notwithstanding their clear similarity in social association, the two gatherings developed social life freely. Termites are fundamentally social cockroaches, while ants developed from savage wasps.
Post of the year contender

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:01 pm

Gotal1993 wrote:
Hello All members,

Has BBF got a new username?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:11 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:01 pm
Gotal1993 wrote:
Hello All members,

Benny is my cousin mate so I doubt it is my post - regardless of my love or otherwise for him.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:27 pm

Oh piss off Byron. The Lebbo schtick is getting stale and no one is buying it.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:36 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:27 pm
Oh piss off Byron. The Lebbo schtick is getting stale and no one is buying it.
Listen mate, Lebbo and Schtick are incompatible - one is Leb and the other is Jewish/European, they noa speaka da english at each other

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 8:55 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:11 pm
Harvey wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:01 pm
Gotal1993 wrote:
Hello All members,

Benny is my cousin mate so I doubt it is my post - regardless of my love or otherwise for him.
Were you the relative who tried to sit the Marketing Exam at Western Sydney Uni for Benny? (As part of his Bach of Business Degree) When the roll was called the Head Invigilator (a Balmain Fan) called his name, looked up & noticed a guy in the back row (typical Elias position perhaps) with a baseball cap pulled down low! The imposter panicked and made a quick getaway! The vigilant Invigilator thought it must have been Benny's brother, who was a winger from memory!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 9:36 pm

No way too slow for winger - but I did help my Aussie mates showing them answers to they would not get the kept in from Sister Mary Michael. But my marks were marked down so I would not get first prized - shows up badly in maths

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 9:36 pm

Bur I was an excellent long distance runner

Set play

Post by Set play » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 10:28 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 3:21 pm
Gotal1993 wrote:
Hello All members,

?[/

my cats breath smells like cats food

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 9:39 am

If Benny could actually put a coherent sentence together it would be something. He seems to have 2 or 3 sentences coming out of his mouth at the same time and it's difficult to decipher just what the hell he means! He's a goose of the highest order - but I loved him when he was playing for the Tigers!