Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2769
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Post by Telltails » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:30 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:00 pm
I tried to convince myself to like this signing in the early days.

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
With a big contract comes big expectation.


tigerfanatic
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu 16 Feb, 2017 10:41 am

Post by tigerfanatic » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:45 am

Not very convinced with josh coming over. He has had multiple hammy strains this season and now the old man injury (calf strain) not looking good.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29614
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:51 am

Eddie wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:00 pm
I tried to convince myself to like this signing in the early days.

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
You've got a long hot summer of concern awaiting you.... Concern about it come March 18

Pragmatist
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed 07 Jun, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Pragmatist » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:08 am

My view on Reynolds is ,as disappointed he may be in leaving the dogs he will relish with a fresh start.His big points are that he brings a lot of 1 percenters and he is very good at getting the team down into the attacking zone Weak point is he is not good at putting the icing on the cake. That is where Brooks is going to step up.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:37 am

Eddie wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:00 pm
I tried to convince myself to like this signing in the early days.

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
He is the signing I am most concerned about. I think we've overpaid him and given him too long a contract.


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm

All the Bulldogs players look uninterested now that a lot of have been shopped around with no takers.
I don't know that Des looks that interested, maybe he's after a redundancy he has a $600K payout clause in his new contract.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6448
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 12:32 pm

Pragmatist wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:08 am
My view on Reynolds is ,as disappointed he may be in leaving the dogs he will relish with a fresh start.His big points are that he brings a lot of 1 percenters and he is very good at getting the team down into the attacking zone Weak point is he is not good at putting the icing on the cake. That is where Brooks is going to step up.
Based on what ?, 78 games of not stepping up, I for one hope Benji comes back, as he would be cheap and good for PR, plus he would take Brooks spot.
Go hard or go home

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 1:07 pm

Reynolds needs a new club and a fresh start ....... how could you possibly be motivated playing with a bunch of meandering dunderheads at the Bulldogs.

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by 05TIGZ » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 3:53 pm

I was and still am excited by the Reynolds signing. I'm hoping a new environment, coach and game plan will take him back to his SOO days. However it's all an unknown and we will find out early next year. Uate was such a dud at the knights and no one here wanted him, look at him this year. Only time will tell with Reynolds. The certainty is you get a high energy, 110% player, who leave nothing in the tank, and we need that desperately.

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:05 pm

i really worried, he looks all busted up .. hummus, calf, elbow and shoulder .. !! Can he play a whole season ?? What are we paying 750+ (??), gawd that's a lot of cash for a bloke who's only above average player.. !!

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:08 pm

anyone on this forum know why a club like the tigers happened to let the below players go?

1. TMM
2. Blake Austin
3. Mitchell Moses

and have to resort to signing Josh Reynolds?

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3758
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:25 pm

1 & 2 were let go to ensure that we kept 3. 3 and his slimy manager ensured that 3 had no future here.
From this point the club needed to sign someone, though I am not convinced about the amount of the contract

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22682
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:29 pm

It's going to be a long summer of speculation with him, whether he just needed a change. The signs are there. The Dogs are useless and low on confidence. Apart from his debut year, he's only ever played under Des. A fresh voice like Cleary's could do wonders.

hsvjones
Member
Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by hsvjones » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:36 pm

Fresh start will do him wonders !!! Hard to carry a whole team like he is now because the dogs are playing terrible.. Good luck to Woods next year in his more stable club

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:27 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:37 am
Eddie wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:00 pm
I tried to convince myself to like this signing in the early days.

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
He is the signing I am most concerned about. I think we've overpaid him and given him too long a contract.
He is on a long contract, but I rate him. He has HEART.

Notice how the dogs form has slumped with him gone. People will laugh at me, but we have slumped with RF gone.... whatever his faults he had HEART. ET has Heart and the right attitude.

The biggest mistake we made was using money to keep the big 4. Had we used culture, heart and team pride, we may have kept 2/4 and for less then those big contracts. Worst case Reynolds will be an average 5/8 that just gets the job done and builds the team, IMHO move him to center or hooker if needed. Best case, we get a SOO level 5/8 that is solid on defense, i.e. exactly what we need.

Brooks is the issue not Reynolds. Brooks will either be good or woeful. Reynolds will either be very good or average. Reynolds won't be a turnstyle so what are people worried about!

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5176
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:35 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:27 pm
Earl wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:37 am
Eddie wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:00 pm
I tried to convince myself to like this signing in the early days.

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
He is the signing I am most concerned about. I think we've overpaid him and given him too long a contract.
He is on a long contract, but I rate him. He has HEART.

Notice how the dogs form has slumped with him gone. People will laugh at me, but we have slumped with RF gone.... whatever his faults he had HEART. ET has Heart and the right attitude.

The biggest mistake we made was using money to keep the big 4. Had we used culture, heart and team pride, we may have kept 2/4 and for less then those big contracts. Worst case Reynolds will be an average 5/8 that just gets the job done and builds the team, IMHO move him to center or hooker if needed. Best case, we get a SOO level 5/8 that is solid on defense, i.e. exactly what we need.

Brooks is the issue not Reynolds. Brooks will either be good or woeful. Reynolds will either be very good or average. Reynolds won't be a turnstyle so what are people worried about!
Sorry can't help myself .... Ha ha Ha!!!

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 6:04 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:25 pm
1 & 2 were let go to ensure that we kept 3. 3 and his slimy manager ensured that 3 had no future here.
From this point the club needed to sign someone, though I am not convinced about the amount of the contract
Pretty much but I'm glad 3 is gone.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 6:10 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:27 pm
Earl wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:37 am
Eddie wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:00 pm
I tried to convince myself to like this signing in the early days.

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
He is the signing I am most concerned about. I think we've overpaid him and given him too long a contract.
He is on a long contract, but I rate him. He has HEART.

Notice how the dogs form has slumped with him gone. People will laugh at me, but we have slumped with RF gone.... whatever his faults he had HEART. ET has Heart and the right attitude.

The biggest mistake we made was using money to keep the big 4. Had we used culture, heart and team pride, we may have kept 2/4 and for less then those big contracts. Worst case Reynolds will be an average 5/8 that just gets the job done and builds the team, IMHO move him to center or hooker if needed. Best case, we get a SOO level 5/8 that is solid on defense, i.e. exactly what we need.

Brooks is the issue not Reynolds. Brooks will either be good or woeful. Reynolds will either be very good or average. Reynolds won't be a turnstyle so what are people worried about!
In relation to culture I think you might have a point. We've had a culture of developing superstars. It worked in 05 and even later on but it also backfired because we developed a culture of overpaying our marquee players. The problem with this statement though is that our big 4 had really poor attitudes. They honestly expected to be treated like superstars. I think we finally handled the situation a lot better when Clearly came to the club and took their contracts off the table.

As for Reynolds time will tell. He does have heart. You need a lot more than heart to win games though.

Post Reply