Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Telltails

Re: Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Post by Telltails » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:30 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:00 pm
I tried to convince myself to like this signing in the early days.

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
With a big contract comes big expectation.

tigerfanatic

Post by tigerfanatic » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:45 am

Not very convinced with josh coming over. He has had multiple hammy strains this season and now the old man injury (calf strain) not looking good.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:51 am

Eddie wrote:

However I am pretty concerned based on what i have watched all season from Josh.
You've got a long hot summer of concern awaiting you.... Concern about it come March 18

Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:08 am

My view on Reynolds is ,as disappointed he may be in leaving the dogs he will relish with a fresh start.His big points are that he brings a lot of 1 percenters and he is very good at getting the team down into the attacking zone Weak point is he is not good at putting the icing on the cake. That is where Brooks is going to step up.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:37 am

Eddie wrote:

He is the signing I am most concerned about. I think we've overpaid him and given him too long a contract.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm

All the Bulldogs players look uninterested now that a lot of have been shopped around with no takers.
I don't know that Des looks that interested, maybe he's after a redundancy he has a $600K payout clause in his new contract.

Post by 851 » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 12:32 pm

Pragmatist wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:08 am
My view on Reynolds is ,as disappointed he may be in leaving the dogs he will relish with a fresh start.His big points are that he brings a lot of 1 percenters and he is very good at getting the team down into the attacking zone Weak point is he is not good at putting the icing on the cake. That is where Brooks is going to step up.
Based on what ?, 78 games of not stepping up, I for one hope Benji comes back, as he would be cheap and good for PR, plus he would take Brooks spot.
Go hard or go home

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 1:07 pm

Reynolds needs a new club and a fresh start ....... how could you possibly be motivated playing with a bunch of meandering dunderheads at the Bulldogs.

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 3:53 pm

I was and still am excited by the Reynolds signing. I'm hoping a new environment, coach and game plan will take him back to his SOO days. However it's all an unknown and we will find out early next year. Uate was such a dud at the knights and no one here wanted him, look at him this year. Only time will tell with Reynolds. The certainty is you get a high energy, 110% player, who leave nothing in the tank, and we need that desperately.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:05 pm

i really worried, he looks all busted up .. hummus, calf, elbow and shoulder .. !! Can he play a whole season ?? What are we paying 750+ (??), gawd that's a lot of cash for a bloke who's only above average player.. !!

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:08 pm

anyone on this forum know why a club like the tigers happened to let the below players go?

1. TMM
2. Blake Austin
3. Mitchell Moses

and have to resort to signing Josh Reynolds?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:25 pm

1 & 2 were let go to ensure that we kept 3. 3 and his slimy manager ensured that 3 had no future here.
From this point the club needed to sign someone, though I am not convinced about the amount of the contract

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:29 pm

It's going to be a long summer of speculation with him, whether he just needed a change. The signs are there. The Dogs are useless and low on confidence. Apart from his debut year, he's only ever played under Des. A fresh voice like Cleary's could do wonders.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:36 pm

Fresh start will do him wonders !!! Hard to carry a whole team like he is now because the dogs are playing terrible.. Good luck to Woods next year in his more stable club

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:27 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:37 am
Eddie wrote:

He is the signing I am most concerned about. I think we've overpaid him and given him too long a contract.
He is on a long contract, but I rate him. He has HEART.

Notice how the dogs form has slumped with him gone. People will laugh at me, but we have slumped with RF gone.... whatever his faults he had HEART. ET has Heart and the right attitude.

The biggest mistake we made was using money to keep the big 4. Had we used culture, heart and team pride, we may have kept 2/4 and for less then those big contracts. Worst case Reynolds will be an average 5/8 that just gets the job done and builds the team, IMHO move him to center or hooker if needed. Best case, we get a SOO level 5/8 that is solid on defense, i.e. exactly what we need.

Brooks is the issue not Reynolds. Brooks will either be good or woeful. Reynolds will either be very good or average. Reynolds won't be a turnstyle so what are people worried about!

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:35 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:27 pm
Earl wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Notice how the dogs form has slumped with him gone. People will laugh at me, but we have slumped with RF gone.... whatever his faults he had HEART. ET has Heart and the right attitude.

The biggest mistake we made was using money to keep the big 4. Had we used culture, heart and team pride, we may have kept 2/4 and for less then those big contracts. Worst case Reynolds will be an average 5/8 that just gets the job done and builds the team, IMHO move him to center or hooker if needed. Best case, we get a SOO level 5/8 that is solid on defense, i.e. exactly what we need.

Brooks is the issue not Reynolds. Brooks will either be good or woeful. Reynolds will either be very good or average. Reynolds won't be a turnstyle so what are people worried about!
Sorry can't help myself .... Ha ha Ha!!!

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 6:04 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:25 pm
1 & 2 were let go to ensure that we kept 3. 3 and his slimy manager ensured that 3 had no future here.
From this point the club needed to sign someone, though I am not convinced about the amount of the contract
Pretty much but I'm glad 3 is gone.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 6:10 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:27 pm
Earl wrote:
Eddie wrote:

In relation to culture I think you might have a point. We've had a culture of developing superstars. It worked in 05 and even later on but it also backfired because we developed a culture of overpaying our marquee players. The problem with this statement though is that our big 4 had really poor attitudes. They honestly expected to be treated like superstars. I think we finally handled the situation a lot better when Clearly came to the club and took their contracts off the table.

As for Reynolds time will tell. He does have heart. You need a lot more than heart to win games though.