Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Geo.

Re: Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:52 pm

I hope Josh can pass to the taller guys..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:11 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:07 am
Munk wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:13 pm
TigersDenNZ wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:40 pm
In NZ when brooksie was coming through we were hearing that he was the next andrew johns.

I suppose anything can happen but looks like that calls gonna fall short of the mark.

Was there any credibility around this when he was 16-17 though? If so what happened?
The club overpaid him by miles, they pumped him up, they failed to push him, gave him a gold plated run each week regardless of form and as a result he failed to push himself to improve.
So it's the club's fault?

I'm not against paying top junior talent good money, every club does it. Brooks I think is hampered by high expectations from fans, always has been. If he was never touted, people would have a different impression of him right now, as an average but certainly first grade-quality halfback.

No kid asks to be called the next Andrew Johns or Sonny Bill, the media does this stuff, and it's not Brooks' fault if he was carving up the junior grades when somebody made that statement.

Club never gave him a gold-plated run, they invested in him, in an era when you cannot afford to invest in multiple players in the one position. If you don't play Brooks every week he doesn't improve, and if he's a top junior you don't have the funds to trot out 3 or 4 top-tier halfbacks.

At least Brooks has repaid the faith put in him by staying at the club for less money, unlike that dog Moses.
So to sum up your post, its not his fault, its not the clubs fault, its partly the fan's fault and mostly the media's haha thats great. Nice spin doctoring. To counter your points:
Yes the club stuffed up. Is it all their fault? No of course not but they hold a huge slice of the blame.
Im 100% against young talent earning big money. I believe you earn your place in this world. Brooks, Moses and Suli did not earn it yet got it anyway.
He was first touted by the club. Fans and media soon took over.
It is his fault. There were always reports he was an awful trainer and that showed on the field.
It was and remains a poor investment. He will soon need to secure back to back rings to pay us back.
Finaly, he stayed at the club as his options elsewhere were reportably near non existant.

Im behind him this season, but if he fails again, thats it.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:40 pm

Munk wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:11 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:07 am
Munk wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:13 pm
TigersDenNZ wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:40 pm
In NZ when brooksie was coming through we were hearing that he was the next andrew johns.

I suppose anything can happen but looks like that calls gonna fall short of the mark.

Was there any credibility around this when he was 16-17 though? If so what happened?
The club overpaid him by miles, they pumped him up, they failed to push him, gave him a gold plated run each week regardless of form and as a result he failed to push himself to improve.
So it's the club's fault?

I'm not against paying top junior talent good money, every club does it. Brooks I think is hampered by high expectations from fans, always has been. If he was never touted, people would have a different impression of him right now, as an average but certainly first grade-quality halfback.

No kid asks to be called the next Andrew Johns or Sonny Bill, the media does this stuff, and it's not Brooks' fault if he was carving up the junior grades when somebody made that statement.

Club never gave him a gold-plated run, they invested in him, in an era when you cannot afford to invest in multiple players in the one position. If you don't play Brooks every week he doesn't improve, and if he's a top junior you don't have the funds to trot out 3 or 4 top-tier halfbacks.

At least Brooks has repaid the faith put in him by staying at the club for less money, unlike that dog Moses.
So to sum up your post, its not his fault, its not the clubs fault, its partly the fan's fault and mostly the media's haha thats great. Nice spin doctoring. To counter your points:
Yes the club stuffed up. Is it all their fault? No of course not but they hold a huge slice of the blame.
Im 100% against young talent earning big money. I believe you earn your place in this world. Brooks, Moses and Suli did not earn it yet got it anyway.
He was first touted by the club. Fans and media soon took over.
It is his fault. There were always reports he was an awful trainer and that showed on the field.
It was and remains a poor investment. He will soon need to secure back to back rings to pay us back.
Finaly, he stayed at the club as his options elsewhere were reportably near non existant.

Im behind him this season, but if he fails again, thats it.
So nothing short of back to back premierships will do, which no one has achieved in a looong time?

In another thread you said you actually had a sense of humour, this is the first bit of proof I've seen.

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm

I said soon, which is not exactly "nothing short of" now is it?
Thats ok, Ill forgive you old fella. Its well past your bed time.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:44 am

Munk wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm
could you write that in English?
Good rant but I have no idea what you’re banging on about.
in Ivan we distrust

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 1:10 pm

Que?

Munk

Post by Munk » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:09 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:44 am
Munk wrote:
Fair enough, you are very thick. The old bloke stated I insinuated that nothing short of back to back premierships would suffice, which is not what I said. He was trying to be a smartarse so I pointed out his mistake and had a slight dig back. Really not that complicated.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:28 pm

Munk wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:09 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:44 am
Munk wrote:
Fair enough, you are very thick. The old bloke stated I insinuated that nothing short of back to back premierships would suffice, which is not what I said. He was trying to be a smartarse so I pointed out his mistake and had a slight dig back. Really not that complicated.
Leave it alone thanks stryker.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 6:31 pm

Hey Josh
If you happen to be reading this thread I wish you all the best this season and beyond
Great to have a first up win in the tigers colours
I hope you bring the passion you showed at the dogs and spread it throughout the club
Cangratulations champ

Viva Zapata

Post by Viva Zapata » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:30 pm

Hey Josh, if you happen to be reading this thread I just wanted to say that the Bulldogs was a champion club when you got there, the Tigers could be a champion club when you leave. Go Son!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 3:53 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/21/rey ... rly-panic/

Wests Tigers five-eighth Josh Reynolds talks about his initial nerves in moving to Concord and his new-found freedom under Ivan Cleary

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 6:32 pm

Nice interview by Josh. He'll be good for us.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 31 May, 2018 7:45 am

Ok so 12 rounds in and we havent seen much of Josh.

No doubt he has played a big part behind closed doors but only the odd moment on the field.

A concern I have is he looks to have lightened off. His body doesnt look as robust as i did when he played Origin. Anyone else seeing this?
Its an opinion!

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 31 May, 2018 7:53 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 7:45 am
Ok so 12 rounds in and we havent seen much of Josh.

No doubt he has played a big part behind closed doors but only the odd moment on the field.

A concern I have is he looks to have lightened off. His body doesnt look as robust as i did when he played Origin. Anyone else seeing this?
Your right I mentioned that last game to the boys, saying he looks thin, legs look like pins

We don't need a guy who is great behind the scenes, we had one of those and it did very little for our cap, on field performance and retention.

Unless josh gets back on the field soon he will quickly replace Ballen as the worst signing we have had in my books.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Thu 31 May, 2018 8:09 am

Golly Gosh! the momentum in the game changed as soon as he came on last week and some of you are already getting stuck into him.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 31 May, 2018 8:47 am

upthetigers wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 8:09 am
Golly Gosh! the momentum in the game changed as soon as he came on last week and some of you are already getting stuck into him.
Agree, he was great when he came on last week. I wasn't having a go at his performance on the field.

what I'm saying is if he isn't playing and he is constantly on the side lines injured then we are not getting value for the spend.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 31 May, 2018 8:58 am

upthetigers wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 8:09 am
Golly Gosh no one is ignoring what he did last week.

Its about him looking light and having trouble with injury.
Its an opinion!

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Thu 31 May, 2018 9:04 am

He's just been unlucky, nothing more than that. Fit all through pre-season, hamstring injury, then shoulder injury.

Let's see how he finishes the season before calling him a broken down crock.