Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 am

weststigerman wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 6:31 pm
The bulldogs forward pack has to be the most overrated in the NRL. Currently, the tigers forward pack is outperforming them. Graham is good, but slowing down this year. Klemmer has no passing or offload in his game so the opposition can gang tackle him, Jackson and Tolman are okay workers, the rest are average.

As for Reynolds - he'll be fine, he has a good short kicking game which will be an improvement on Brooks and Lolohea. I'm much more concerned about Brooks than Reynolds next year.
At the moment they are overrated Reynolds has been overrated for most of his career.


TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4977
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:59 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 am
weststigerman wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 6:31 pm
The bulldogs forward pack has to be the most overrated in the NRL. Currently, the tigers forward pack is outperforming them. Graham is good, but slowing down this year. Klemmer has no passing or offload in his game so the opposition can gang tackle him, Jackson and Tolman are okay workers, the rest are average.

As for Reynolds - he'll be fine, he has a good short kicking game which will be an improvement on Brooks and Lolohea. I'm much more concerned about Brooks than Reynolds next year.
At the moment they are overrated Reynolds has been overrated for most of his career.
Are you still under the effects of the anaestetic GCT or under the influence of something else....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 10:05 pm

Can anyone comment on what Reynolds salary actually is 3 mill or 3.2 mill reported over 4 years. 750K 800K yearly seems steep and reckon his worth the 500K if that.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7000
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 10:51 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 am
weststigerman wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 6:31 pm
The bulldogs forward pack has to be the most overrated in the NRL. Currently, the tigers forward pack is outperforming them. Graham is good, but slowing down this year. Klemmer has no passing or offload in his game so the opposition can gang tackle him, Jackson and Tolman are okay workers, the rest are average.

As for Reynolds - he'll be fine, he has a good short kicking game which will be an improvement on Brooks and Lolohea. I'm much more concerned about Brooks than Reynolds next year.
At the moment they are overrated Reynolds has been overrated for most of his career.
Out of all the new signings for next year , Reynolds worries me the most ...I think he's crap....
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 1:43 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:59 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 am
weststigerman wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 6:31 pm
The bulldogs forward pack has to be the most overrated in the NRL. Currently, the tigers forward pack is outperforming them. Graham is good, but slowing down this year. Klemmer has no passing or offload in his game so the opposition can gang tackle him, Jackson and Tolman are okay workers, the rest are average.

As for Reynolds - he'll be fine, he has a good short kicking game which will be an improvement on Brooks and Lolohea. I'm much more concerned about Brooks than Reynolds next year.
At the moment they are overrated Reynolds has been overrated for most of his career.
Are you still under the effects of the anaestetic GCT or under the influence of something else....
I would say the effects of the Anaestetic are underrated. Were coming second last, while the dogs are not doing great they are doing better then us. Reynolds is used to being in the top 8.

We will go around in circles. Some will like Reynolds some wont. Personally I think he is exactly what we need and yearly we discuss the current Tigers "turnstyles" in the Halves, why not put a good defender in for a change?


User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Roar Power » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 6:01 am

Most importantly he is a competitor and will help change the team culture. He has off days but is a solid signing and should do well in a side with size and strength all over the park next year.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:09 pm

Don't want him now he just said Nathan cleary should stay at panthers.

User avatar
the third
Member
Member
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: here and there
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by the third » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 11:08 pm

Ivan is pretty straight forward and has a plan. It seems like he always has. Reynolds will play 5/8 next year, Lolo at fb and brooks ar half. Hookers and benji are the wild cards, but like I said Ivan has a plan.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 6:46 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:09 pm
Don't want him now he just said Nathan cleary should stay at panthers.
6


lol. It was a joke.
Saying he wouldnt wanna lose his position.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 7:29 am

the third wrote:
Mon 21 Aug, 2017 11:08 pm
Ivan is pretty straight forward and has a plan. It seems like he always has. Reynolds will play 5/8 next year, Lolo at fb and brooks ar half. Hookers and benji are the wild cards, but like I said Ivan has a plan.
I think we need a senior 9 that supersede liddle and Mc"rick reason being if lidde goes down we r stuffed.

Spacecub
Member
Member
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 5:30 pm
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Spacecub » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 4:58 pm

Watching the dogs today...Reynolds looks gone again....i feel we have another crock on our books....still feel ivan panic buyed with him....seeing we missed out on watson

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25151
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 393 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 4:59 pm

Great TRY scoring rate though..a TRY every 5mins on the field..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
wt00
Member
Member
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by wt00 » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 5:00 pm

syndesmosis injury for Josh
The star of the team is the team.

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2302
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 5:05 pm

Geez there are some dopes on here. Des puts a half fit Reynolds (in a #20 jersey no less) because it is his last game with the club and half the people on here thinks his career is over. Goodness me.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25151
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 393 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:07 pm

Bad News For One Of The Wests Tigers' Biggest Recruits

Slow start to 2018

It has been reported that new recruit Josh Reynolds may be up for a slow start to 2018.

According to Triple M and the Australian's Brent Read, the injury Reynolds sustained in his final game for the Bulldogs is worse than originally thought.

"The injury is worse than what they suspected," Ready said.

"He's put the surgery off because they had Mad Monday and some celebrations, but he'll miss the start of the preseason with the Tigers."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/ne ... t-recruits
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by TYGA » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:19 pm

He had a calf injury and a hamstring injury. Huge surprise he would not be back for pre season. I'd leave Reynolds on ice in rehab until January.

User avatar
Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2122
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 09 Sep, 2017 11:19 am

Graham, who received a standing ovation for the gesture, was reduced to tears after Dib's speech.

"I moved over here from England and if there is a guy that epitomises this club, he's the glue of this club," Graham said of Reynolds.

"He brings people together like no one else I've ever met.

"Through 12-13 years as a professional, I've never met anyone like him.

"I really don't care if you want to clap or what you want to do, I just want Josh Reynolds to stand up and take a bow."


http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... ydiv5.html
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4367
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 09 Sep, 2017 11:42 am

Masterton wrote:
Sat 09 Sep, 2017 11:19 am
Graham, who received a standing ovation for the gesture, was reduced to tears after Dib's speech.

"I moved over here from England and if there is a guy that epitomises this club, he's the glue of this club," Graham said of Reynolds.

"He brings people together like no one else I've ever met.

"Through 12-13 years as a professional, I've never met anyone like him.

"I really don't care if you want to clap or what you want to do, I just want Josh Reynolds to stand up and take a bow."


http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... ydiv5.html
This is the change the club needed to happen .....out with the self centred and selfish types and in with the team players with the drive to win .

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”