Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Re: Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Post by Balmainian » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 1:25 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:23 am
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 31 Dec, 2017 4:59 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 27 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 27 Dec, 2017 7:50 am


If you grew up in newy like me mate, I'm sure you know a few john's brothers who were often off their sausage at the Delaney or great Northern night after night.. and, as you say, there was nothing wrong with the knights culture. Chief was a great leader tho.
Being off your sausage is one thing, being off your sausage and punching people out for no good reason is quite another. Russell Packer anyone? Hopefully the story is BS anyway, otherwise please just stay off the drink Josh - you're a good bloke without it.
I dont know how true how this story is.
But ive havent heard a bad thing said about him from any playing group or any footballing circles to be honest.
As i mentioned above there were blokes in the knights team and many other teams in the 90s and 00s that did much worse and im not talking rumours, Actual indicressions.
Mark Geyer
Gordon Tallis
Andrew Johns
Bradley clyde
Todd Carney
Just to name a few who have been found guilty of acting like a complete muppet.
But .... all of the above eventually won premierships some won multiple comps and played at the highest level and all were very much vital to their clubs success and culture...on the field.
And all of them were vastly better players than Reynolds, which had a slight bearing on their premierships etc, LoL
And apart from Carney could control their brains when on a football field (on most occasions)
Chalk &Cheese
Haha chalk and cheese.

Some of these players were better than Reynolds by far but that’s not the point being made here.
The point is if he can have a positive impact on the field and with the team and help guide us back into the top eight and restore some pride in our colours than I couldn’t give rats backside what rubbish people are going to whinge over, because they don’t like him.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32705
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 3:25 pm

Let's not go over made-up rumours and stick to the topic instead please.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 889
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:19 pm

I remember the early Penrith interviews with Gus and Cleary.

No one was really a superstar. Lewis and Gordon had left.

Each player had 1 role that they did and did well. They brought on Brent Kite to do one thing and do it well (I honestly have no idea what, ok the guy tackled and got a premiereship...).

Reynolds isn't a superstar 5/8. He is however a very good 5/8, he can get the ball over the line and he can defend. His worst attribute is his passing game, and I think Cleary can work that out with him.

So what's Reynolds one role? To be that passing option for Brooks. I.e. Brooks (or Marshall) looks to pass, he sees Reynolds on his inside and Suli on the outside.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6027
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 8:07 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:33 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:01 am
coivtny wrote:
Tue 26 Dec, 2017 6:37 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 26 Dec, 2017 6:25 pm
Some would call it passion, others would call it being a complete tosser and overreacting to a throw away line that is generally given when asked how you think your team is going to go. That's if the story is true, of course.
Sorry but I don't believe this story one iota.
Why not?.
Why is it worth believing?
I never said it was, none of us know either way,
We don’t know if he’s an idiot off the field, and frankly, I wouldn’t care if he was, it’s his stupidity ON the field that concerns me

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3868
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 11:44 am

colmcd wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:19 pm
I remember the early Penrith interviews with Gus and Cleary.

No one was really a superstar. Lewis and Gordon had left.

Each player had 1 role that they did and did well. They brought on Brent Kite to do one thing and do it well (I honestly have no idea what, ok the guy tackled and got a premiereship...).

Reynolds isn't a superstar 5/8. He is however a very good 5/8, he can get the ball over the line and he can defend. His worst attribute is his passing game, and I think Cleary can work that out with him.

So what's Reynolds one role? To be that passing option for Brooks. I.e. Brooks (or Marshall) looks to pass, he sees Reynolds on his inside and Suli on the outside.
I have my reservations with his silly indiscretions, but not his strengths and enthusiasm. I feel Josh will be good for us for two reasons, he has a proper number seven alongside that will allow him to play his natural game and a coach that bought him to do just that.


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 12:27 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 11:44 am
colmcd wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:19 pm
I remember the early Penrith interviews with Gus and Cleary.

No one was really a superstar. Lewis and Gordon had left.

Each player had 1 role that they did and did well. They brought on Brent Kite to do one thing and do it well (I honestly have no idea what, ok the guy tackled and got a premiereship...).

Reynolds isn't a superstar 5/8. He is however a very good 5/8, he can get the ball over the line and he can defend. His worst attribute is his passing game, and I think Cleary can work that out with him.

So what's Reynolds one role? To be that passing option for Brooks. I.e. Brooks (or Marshall) looks to pass, he sees Reynolds on his inside and Suli on the outside.
I have my reservations with his silly indiscretions, but not his strengths and enthusiasm. I feel Josh will be good for us for two reasons, he has a proper number seven alongside that will allow him to play his natural game and a coach that bought him to do just that.
Well said Chief - agree, I think he will be good for us and especially good for Brooks.

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 2:27 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 8:07 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:33 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:01 am
coivtny wrote:
Tue 26 Dec, 2017 6:37 pm


Sorry but I don't believe this story one iota.
Why not?.
Why is it worth believing?
I never said it was, none of us know either way,
We don’t know if he’s an idiot off the field, and frankly, I wouldn’t care if he was, it’s his stupidity ON the field that concerns me
And yet you posted it to a very public forum, where media trawl regularly which could potentially hurt not only Josh Reynolds but the Tigers. You dont have any idea wether its true or not and you dont even care. Its YOUR stupidity that concerns me, not J Reynolds.

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 2:30 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:19 pm
I remember the early Penrith interviews with Gus and Cleary.

No one was really a superstar. Lewis and Gordon had left.

Each player had 1 role that they did and did well. They brought on Brent Kite to do one thing and do it well (I honestly have no idea what, ok the guy tackled and got a premiereship...).

Reynolds isn't a superstar 5/8. He is however a very good 5/8, he can get the ball over the line and he can defend. His worst attribute is his passing game, and I think Cleary can work that out with him.

So what's Reynolds one role? To be that passing option for Brooks. I.e. Brooks (or Marshall) looks to pass, he sees Reynolds on his inside and Suli on the outside.
Great point Col, Im not sure myself what it will be but I hope it might be a last tackle option for Brooks. I swear if we had decent last tackle options we would have won another 4-5 games last year. It is the single biggest change we could make that would translate to numbers in the win column.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6950
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 3:40 pm

Glennb wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 2:30 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:19 pm
I remember the early Penrith interviews with Gus and Cleary.

No one was really a superstar. Lewis and Gordon had left.

Each player had 1 role that they did and did well. They brought on Brent Kite to do one thing and do it well (I honestly have no idea what, ok the guy tackled and got a premiereship...).

Reynolds isn't a superstar 5/8. He is however a very good 5/8, he can get the ball over the line and he can defend. His worst attribute is his passing game, and I think Cleary can work that out with him.

So what's Reynolds one role? To be that passing option for Brooks. I.e. Brooks (or Marshall) looks to pass, he sees Reynolds on his inside and Suli on the outside.
Great point Col, Im not sure myself what it will be but I hope it might be a last tackle option for Brooks. I swear if we had decent last tackle options we would have won another 4-5 games last year. It is the single biggest change we could make that would translate to numbers in the win column.
Agreed on the fifth tackle plays, but the question I am asking is, who will be taking this job on??
Brooks has shown little ability in this role, Benji is still hit and miss and Reynolds as far as I can remember is just steady in this area. Maybe with a lot more grunt in the forwards, the play makers might have a bit more time to get it right. Anyway as you said it is one of our biggest problems

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by 05TIGZ » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 11:36 am

I hope none of these stories are true. If they are then he might have a problem with the grog, and we all know how that will end up. I’m excited by the Reynolds signing, hopefully he is working hard behind the scenes to show us it was money well spent when kick off arrives.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6027
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 11:48 pm

Glennb wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 2:27 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 8:07 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:33 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:01 am


Why not?.
Why is it worth believing?
I never said it was, none of us know either way,
We don’t know if he’s an idiot off the field, and frankly, I wouldn’t care if he was, it’s his stupidity ON the field that concerns me
And yet you posted it to a very public forum, where media trawl regularly which could potentially hurt not only Josh Reynolds but the Tigers. You dont have any idea wether its true or not and you dont even care. Its YOUR stupidity that concerns me, not J Reynolds.
I didn’t post the story, , maybe you should be more worried about your own stupidity,
I made it very clear that it’s his stupidity ON the field that worried me, and it does!,,

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40132
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 12:35 am

colmcd wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:19 pm
I remember the early Penrith interviews with Gus and Cleary.

No one was really a superstar. Lewis and Gordon had left.

Each player had 1 role that they did and did well. They brought on Brent Kite to do one thing and do it well (I honestly have no idea what, ok the guy tackled and got a premiereship...).

Reynolds isn't a superstar 5/8. He is however a very good 5/8, he can get the ball over the line and he can defend. His worst attribute is his passing game, and I think Cleary can work that out with him.

So what's Reynolds one role? To be that passing option for Brooks. I.e. Brooks (or Marshall) looks to pass, he sees Reynolds on his inside and Suli on the outside.
I think if anyone could of helped his passing game it would be Des Hasler or even Jimmy Dymock , both had excellent passing games

Go You Good Things
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Go You Good Things » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 9:19 am

Happy, you might think that.
Jason Taylor was a very handy half, and an excellent goal kicker.
How did that turn out for us ?
Some can't teach, and some can't be taught.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40132
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 9:23 am

Go You Good Things wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 9:19 am
Happy, you might think that.
Jason Taylor was a very handy half, and an excellent goal kicker.
How did that turn out for us ?
Some can't teach, and some can't be taught.
Probably OK if Moses hadn't been such a pussy

Moses goalkicking had improved dramatically under Taylor

Brooks remains a work in progress , but hopefully he will realize he is at the last stop café before oblivion takes over if another sub par season eventuates

Go You Good Things
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Go You Good Things » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:19 pm

Yeah, I agree about Moses' kicking . . . . but then again you have to factor in how he only really tried when HE felt like it.
Mate, in the end, I'd like to see the players realise they have a great opportunity to make the best out of the biggest recruitment drive in our club's short history.
As for Brooks, this is the perfect chance for him to pull his finger out without being called a hack for his last 3 season's efforts. New 5/8, new forwards, and a full pre-season under the new coach, staff and systems.
If he doesn't come up to scratch, I'd love to see what Gamble can do on the big stage.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21813
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:39 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:19 pm
Yeah, I agree about Moses' kicking . . . . but then again you have to factor in how he only really tried when HE felt like it.
Mate, in the end, I'd like to see the players realise they have a great opportunity to make the best out of the biggest recruitment drive in our club's short history.
As for Brooks, this is the perfect chance for him to pull his finger out without being called a hack for his last 3 season's efforts. New 5/8, new forwards, and a full pre-season under the new coach, staff and systems.
If he doesn't come up to scratch, I'd love to see what Gamble can do on the big stage.
Reynolds will not get dropped for Gamble.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40132
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 7:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:39 pm
Go You Good Things wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:19 pm
Yeah, I agree about Moses' kicking . . . . but then again you have to factor in how he only really tried when HE felt like it.
Mate, in the end, I'd like to see the players realise they have a great opportunity to make the best out of the biggest recruitment drive in our club's short history.
As for Brooks, this is the perfect chance for him to pull his finger out without being called a hack for his last 3 season's efforts. New 5/8, new forwards, and a full pre-season under the new coach, staff and systems.
If he doesn't come up to scratch, I'd love to see what Gamble can do on the big stage.
Reynolds will not get dropped for Gamble.
If Reynolds get dropped God help us

Things will be bad :bawling

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 8:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:39 pm
Go You Good Things wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:19 pm
Yeah, I agree about Moses' kicking . . . . but then again you have to factor in how he only really tried when HE felt like it.
Mate, in the end, I'd like to see the players realise they have a great opportunity to make the best out of the biggest recruitment drive in our club's short history.
As for Brooks, this is the perfect chance for him to pull his finger out without being called a hack for his last 3 season's efforts. New 5/8, new forwards, and a full pre-season under the new coach, staff and systems.
If he doesn't come up to scratch, I'd love to see what Gamble can do on the big stage.
Reynolds will not get dropped for Gamble.
Pretty sure he's referring to Brooks not Reynolds.

Think most on here know Brooks is immature and needs to grow up and lead the team. The time has come for him to be the leader. Theres no doubting his ability and flashes of brilliance. Some consistency and demand is what we need from Brooks this season.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Post Reply