Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

criwdfluffer

Re: Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:43 am

i reckon peeps are way too hard on Brooksie.

he is a pretty good player,nice pass,good speed,

there is only one area that he needs to work on and that's his 5th tackle kicking...once that gets sorted we are rocking.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 07 Jan, 2018 3:10 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Sun 07 Jan, 2018 9:43 am
i reckon peeps are way too hard on Brooksie.

he is a pretty good player,nice pass,good speed,

there is only one area that he needs to work on and that's his 5th tackle kicking...once that gets sorted we are rocking.
He has all the attributes to be a star but some poor options are holding him back. Heaps of halves though come up with poor options.

TigersDenNZ

Post by TigersDenNZ » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:40 pm

In NZ when brooksie was coming through we were hearing that he was the next andrew johns.

I suppose anything can happen but looks like that calls gonna fall short of the mark.

Was there any credibility around this when he was 16-17 though? If so what happened?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 3:56 pm

TigersDenNZ wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:40 pm
In NZ when brooksie was coming through we were hearing that he was the next andrew johns.

I suppose anything can happen but looks like that calls gonna fall short of the mark.

Was there any credibility around this when he was 16-17 though? If so what happened?
Only that he had a large arse for a kid...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:13 pm

TigersDenNZ wrote:

The club overpaid him by miles, they pumped him up, they failed to push him, gave him a gold plated run each week regardless of form and as a result he failed to push himself to improve.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 12:28 am

Hey josh
Are you going to put up with what they are writing about us

Our spine is ranked in
16th position
Wests Tigers

Spine: Tui Lolohea, Josh Reynolds, Luke Brooks, Matt McIlwrick

There are still question marks over whether Luke Brooks can replicate his form from his debut season, plus concerns over how he will gel with Josh Reynolds. Both aren't renowned game managers, nor is Matt McIlwrick or Tui Lolohea who has spent most of his career on the wing.

Stand up and deliver boys

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:47 am

Where is the quoted?

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:03 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 12:28 am
Hey josh

Our spine is ranked in
16th position
Wests Tigers

There are still question marks over whether Luke Brooks can replicate his form from his debut season, plus concerns over how he will gel with Josh Reynolds. Both aren't renowned game managers, nor is Matt McIlwrick or Tui Lolohea who has spent most of his career on the wing.

What can he do? I think their assessment is pretty accurate.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:27 am

Guy must have forgot to look at the Raiders and Titans oh n Souff's..
happy tiger wrote:

OK I was wrong

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:58 am

Needaname wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:47 am
Where is the quoted?
The Lurker power ratings

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:29 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:58 am
Needaname wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:47 am
Where is the quoted?
The Lurker power ratings
:roll

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:07 am

Munk wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:13 pm
TigersDenNZ wrote:

The club overpaid him by miles, they pumped him up, they failed to push him, gave him a gold plated run each week regardless of form and as a result he failed to push himself to improve.
So it's the club's fault?

I'm not against paying top junior talent good money, every club does it. Brooks I think is hampered by high expectations from fans, always has been. If he was never touted, people would have a different impression of him right now, as an average but certainly first grade-quality halfback.

No kid asks to be called the next Andrew Johns or Sonny Bill, the media does this stuff, and it's not Brooks' fault if he was carving up the junior grades when somebody made that statement.

Club never gave him a gold-plated run, they invested in him, in an era when you cannot afford to invest in multiple players in the one position. If you don't play Brooks every week he doesn't improve, and if he's a top junior you don't have the funds to trot out 3 or 4 top-tier halfbacks.

At least Brooks has repaid the faith put in him by staying at the club for less money, unlike that dog Moses.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:57 am

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:07 am
Munk wrote:
TigersDenNZ wrote:

I'm not against paying top junior talent good money, every club does it. Brooks I think is hampered by high expectations from fans, always has been. If he was never touted, people would have a different impression of him right now, as an average but certainly first grade-quality halfback.

No kid asks to be called the next Andrew Johns or Sonny Bill, the media does this stuff, and it's not Brooks' fault if he was carving up the junior grades when somebody made that statement.

Club never gave him a gold-plated run, they invested in him, in an era when you cannot afford to invest in multiple players in the one position. If you don't play Brooks every week he doesn't improve, and if he's a top junior you don't have the funds to trot out 3 or 4 top-tier halfbacks.

At least Brooks has repaid the faith put in him by staying at the club for less money, unlike that dog Moses.
Hey, hey, Moses wanted to stay. That damn Cleary took his contract off the table.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:16 am

jirskyr wrote:
Munk wrote:
TigersDenNZ wrote:

Top post mate!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:13 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Munk wrote:
TigersDenNZ wrote:

No no no no no

14 TRY Assists per game..4 TRIES...15 LINEBREAK Assists per game...38 Tackles missing none 5 40/20's per game ..9 repeat sets per game..7 Tries from kicks per game or Brooks can pack his bags as far as I'm concerned..
happy tiger wrote:

OK I was wrong

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:13 pm

Chris wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:03 am
Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 12:28 am
Hey josh

Our spine is ranked in
16th position
Wests Tigers

What can he do? I think their assessment is pretty accurate.
I think for all the reasons stated, I saw Brooks as a 5/8 or a fullback.... I was going to rant against Brooks, but who cares!
Seriously I don't care. Brooks will either perform this year keeping him at Halfback OR Brooks will tank leaving Benji and Reynolds at the halves. Change the pairing above, and you see our side change:

Spine: Tui Lolohea, Josh Reynolds, Benji Marshall, Matt McIlwrick

You have an international and a SOO half pairing. Hey, change it again

Spine: Corey Thompson, Josh Reynolds, Benji Marshall, Jacob Liddle

Not a great combination... I think Corey may struggle as Fullback. Liddle too will struggle and probably can't play for 80.
But I would not say it's the worst spine in the comp. Reynolds and Marshall would be one of the better half and 5/8 pairings around. Okay their team management won't be great but their flick passes and bag of tricks will score.

Brooks, 2018 is your chance. However our season does not depend on you. You get to decide if we shout Marshall or Brooks.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:34 pm

If Reynolds does spend some time at DH during the trial against the Cows...it would be interesting to see who goes to 5/8. I know Benji won't be playing. I'd hope Lolohea stays at FB to give him as many mins as possible there. Maybe Gamble will gets some mins at 5/8.

Still I'll be very interested to see how Reynolds goes out of DH. I think he could be dynamic from there in short bursts. Particularly during the season if Benji starts coming off the bench late in games.
in Ivan we distrust

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:57 am
jirskyr wrote:
Munk wrote:
TigersDenNZ wrote:

Hey, hey, Moses wanted to stay. That damn Cleary took his contract off the table.
But it was a frugal contract :D

Reynolds was walking along the Kingsway at Caringbah this week. He is about the height I'd thought he' be but is pretty well built for a 5/8th but lean. Hopefully our squad is in similar fitness.