Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs [Official]..

LCA

Re: Woods to Bulldogs?

Post by LCA » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:41 pm

Woods is a terrific club man. But, seriously, he would not feature in the top 10 forwards in the game. And, he is not a captain's bootlace. Somehow, he's got a profile and a price tag (supposedly) way beyond his worth and ability. Aaron should do what's best for him and his future. If that's leave for elsewhere then, you know what...?.....I'll be ok with it.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 6:43 pm
cktiger wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 6:38 pm
Even more interesting.....

17498838_10154530009058723_629370170309343875_n.jpg
That news is as old as Methusala and has been proven to be fake news, as Donnie would say.
Was Methusala a day old? :lol:
If you were watching Fox tonight you would notice they had reporters outside the Bulldogs Leagues club talking about him possibly getting the flick.
Be nice if true and Dessie was bring some big boppers with him... maybe why they need Woods.
Or maybe fake news. :(

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:46 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:19 pm
That wont faze the new coach who knows that we need money spent elsewhere.
Do you know who the new coach is? Thats a serious question. Info i got from a Chairman of an NRL club yesterday was that "if he was a betting man Cleary would sign with WT". Today he made the same statement, only to swap WT with Bulldogs. I know for a fact he knows Cleary personally, now thats not to say that Cleary told him this and he could be just going off the rumours hence my question to you.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:49 pm

Nathan Brown > Aaron Woods

:D !!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:57 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:46 pm
gallagher wrote:
Do you know who the new coach is? Thats a serious question. Info i got from a Chairman of an NRL club yesterday was that "if he was a betting man Cleary would sign with WT". Today he made the same statement, only to swap WT with Bulldogs. I know for a fact he knows Cleary personally, now thats not to say that Cleary told him this and he could be just going off the rumours hence my question to you.
No, i dont mate.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:57 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:49 pm
Nathan Brown > Aaron Woods

:D !!
Hey Demps can you check with your source to see if this is true,,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:09 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:57 pm
Furious1 wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:46 pm
gallagher wrote:
No, i dont mate.
I hope you're right anyway

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:12 pm

Dogs have Tolman, Graham, Kasiano and Klemmer on contract for 2018.
I don't believe this rumour for a second.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:29 pm

Bye bye for a million. Dead set if true what are the dogs thinking?

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:30 pm

I think Woods should take the offer if it's for real. That"s great money for a front rower. A four year deal would secure his future. Add to that we start to weaken Isaac Moses' grip on our roster.

It's definitely strange though that a team who's weakest part is the backs would spend that sort of money on forwards given what they already have. On top of that, considering the uncertainty surrounding Des it's almost jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Anyway if, and that's a massive IF these figures are true and Woodsy wants us to match it, i'd be inclined to politely decline and wish him well.

It kind of feels like we are on the edge of survival or extinction at the moment, all dependent on a coach and 4 players and i don't know who's quote it was but i've absolutely had enough of it all so ill finish this post with it.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

So "Big Four" either hurry up and sign up (or atleast agree to terms) or hurry up and **** off and allow us to continue our fight for survival

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:32 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:41 pm
I doubt very much we would offer anywhere near 1m for Woods
I'd be surprised if we weren't offering him $1m because we are stupid. I really hope that we are only offering him 1/2 that. We need to start being smart with our cap.

I'd go higher than $500k but I'd walk away from any contract negotiation at that price. That will kill the bulldogs for years.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:34 pm

Why would you offer Woods one million when you could throw it at Tedesco. And the Dogs could use a fullback.

the third

Post by the third » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:51 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:30 pm
I think Woods should take the offer if it's for real. That"s great money for a front rower. A four year deal would secure his future. Add to that we start to weaken Isaac Moses' grip on our roster.

It's definitely strange though that a team who's weakest part is the backs would spend that sort of money on forwards given what they already have. On top of that, considering the uncertainty surrounding Des it's almost jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Anyway if, and that's a massive IF these figures are true and Woodsy wants us to match it, i'd be inclined to politely decline and wish him well.

It kind of feels like we are on the edge of survival or extinction at the moment, all dependent on a coach and 4 players and i don't know who's quote it was but i've absolutely had enough of it all so ill finish this post with it.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

So "Big Four" either hurry up and sign up (or atleast agree to terms) or hurry up and **** off and allow us to continue our fight for survival
This a thousand times over. Stability is what he wants a the dogs might sign or dump des. Won't get good game time at dogs with the pack they have. If it's his most important contract and they style of game plan he will play under is true this is anothe Moses beat up.

Sign a couple of the big 4 teddy, Moses, woods and Nofo. Give them a performance clause in there for good measure.

Sick of the crap this board is dishing up. NFI how to run a Club.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:03 pm

"Woods told The Daily Telegraph he wants to see how the team performs before committing."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... cc948019b1

Another new condition from our club captain ?

I wish he would lead the way and sign already !

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:06 pm

One thing to remember is that James Graham turns 32 this year and so will be almost 33 at the start of next year - he might be looking at a juicy few more years to his contract in the UK Super League meaning they hjave a spot free. However i'd be very surprised if he doesen't stay at the tigers especially with Des mayby leaving the dogs

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:07 pm

Could be a ploy to make our club pay overs to keep him & take money away that could be utilised on re-signing a particular gun FB. Crafty bugger that Des isn't he.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:11 pm

Mate I just cannot understand all the hate for Woods. He has had to practically carry a very weak forward pack all on his own for the past 3 years. Once again, he made the most metres of any forward on the field yesterday and he does this game after game after game. Just because he doesn't run like a maniac and carry on all aggressive like James Graham doesn't make him any less effective.

Forwards like Graham are often just all bluff and bluster - they look like they are doing a lot, but in effect they're not really going anywhere (the Bulldogs are going so well). In the end, it's the forwards like Woods who quietly get the job done - it's just a pity that he has had no decent support from the rest of the pack to help carry the load and make the inroads.

Petero Civoneceva was a not so aggressive forward and quiet achiever, who ate up the metres, while Webcke and others in the pack steamrolled the opposition. I bet no one on here would ever dare criticise Civoneceva for his non-aggressiveness. If Woods had team mates, who played like Webcke & Thaiday in the pack around him, we would be a different team today.

You people are mad if you want Woods to go! We don't need the only bloke who gets us any field position at all to leave, we need a couple of mongrel forwards around him, who can follow through and play off the ground he continually makes with every carry.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:17 pm

For the record I want him to sign with us but anything over 700k is pushing it.

Where the hell is Harry and his 3rd parties ?