Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs 2018 - Sharks 2018 [Official]..

krayola

Re: Woods to Bulldogs?

Post by krayola » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm

It must never get boring being a Bulldogs fan. There are always a thousand rumours like this about their team that are complete lies.
One of my sources is Pascoe

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 11:59 pm

It gets worse :

http://www.thefaultreport.com.au/sport/ ... -for-2018/

BULLDOGS SIGN 11 TIGERS PLAYERS FOR 2018
Editor - March 26, 2017
THE BULLDOGS ARE CONSIDERING SIMPLY RELOCATING THEIR CLUB TO CAMPBELTOWN

The Canterbury Bulldogs have pulled off one of the biggest coups in NRL history today by signing the majority of the current Tigers squad to their books for 2018.

The Bulldogs reportedly made subtle contract inquiries to 33 individual Tigers players over the period of a week, landing the signatures of 11 of their targets.

The Bulldogs coach confirmed the news only moments ago.

“As a coach it feels quite nice to have an entirely new team to coach next year – to be frank I was getting pretty sick of the one I’m coaching at the moment,” Des Hasler told the media.

“To think I’ll be able to say goodbye to Reynolds and Mybe and welcome the likes of Tedesco and Moses, well this could prolong my career at the dogs for another two seasons – who knows.”

The Tigers are still reeling from the news of having all of their players poached, with their team next year likely to be made up exclusively of players from other clubs who can’t get a full-time gig – and Kyle Lovett.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 12:04 am

If Woods wants clarity on who's coaching before he signs,why would he think about the Puppies as Des looks like he is dead man walking ATM.

matchball

Post by matchball » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 12:39 am

diedpretty wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 11:59 pm
It gets worse :

Editor - March 26, 2017

The Canterbury Bulldogs have pulled off one of the biggest coups in NRL history today by signing the majority of the current Tigers squad to their books for 2018.

The Bulldogs reportedly made subtle contract inquiries to 33 individual Tigers players over the period of a week, landing the signatures of 11 of their targets.

“As a coach it feels quite nice to have an entirely new team to coach next year – to be frank I was getting pretty sick of the one I’m coaching at the moment,” Des Hasler told the media.

“To think I’ll be able to say goodbye to Reynolds and Mybe and welcome the likes of Tedesco and Moses, well this could prolong my career at the dogs for another two seasons – who knows.”

The Tigers are still reeling from the news of having all of their players poached, with their team next year likely to be made up exclusively of players from other clubs who can’t get a full-time gig – and Kyle Lovett.
If only you kept reading and cut the next paragraph to your quote.
THE FAULT REPORT IS A SATIRICAL WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 12:49 am

matchball wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 12:39 am
diedpretty wrote:
It gets worse :

Editor - March 26, 2017

THE FAULT REPORT IS A SATIRICAL WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

Yes - but i thought it was just as plausible as all the other rumours on here - maybe even more so. The fact that its satirical fits in well as this whole club is one tragic satire.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 2:00 am

Flippedy wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:11 pm
Mate I just cannot understand all the hate for Woods. He has had to practically carry a very weak forward pack all on his own for the past 3 years. Once again, he made the most metres of any forward on the field yesterday and he does this game after game after game. Just because he doesn't run like a maniac and carry on all aggressive like James Graham doesn't make him any less effective.

Forwards like Graham are often just all bluff and bluster - they look like they are doing a lot, but in effect they're not really going anywhere (the Bulldogs are going so well). In the end, it's the forwards like Woods who quietly get the job done - it's just a pity that he has had no decent support from the rest of the pack to help carry the load and make the inroads.

Petero Civoneceva was a not so aggressive forward and quiet achiever, who ate up the metres, while Webcke and others in the pack steamrolled the opposition. I bet no one on here would ever dare criticise Civoneceva for his non-aggressiveness. If Woods had team mates, who played like Webcke & Thaiday in the pack around him, we would be a different team today.

You people are mad if you want Woods to go! We don't need the only bloke who gets us any field position at all to leave, we need a couple of mongrel forwards around him, who can follow through and play off the ground he continually makes with every carry.
100% correct it is his support that needs working on.Our pack is not good we need to keep our best who are there.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 4:28 am

Flippedy wrote:
If Woods had team mates, who played like Webcke & Thaiday in the pack around him, we would be a different team today.
Woods is no Petero, unless you are talking about Penrith Petero (which was when he was slower and devoid of Webcke-esque teamates etc). So I see your point re needing other solid forwards around him. But that is also hardly a glowing endorsement for the individual influence of Woods, or the great Petero.

I don't hate Woods, I think he is one of the best front rowers going around, I just don't think he is worth that much money, nor should he be our captain.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Joelcainenumber1fan

Post by Joelcainenumber1fan » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 6:41 am

Tacky wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:08 pm
Aaron Woods 2017 stats
Round 1 184 meters 17 runs 23 tackles 2 offloads 1 error
Round 2 158 meters 20 runs 27 tackles 2 offloads 0 errors
Round 3 127 meters 12 runs 31 tackles 0 offloads 2 errors
Round 4 188 meters 19 runs 26 tackles 2 offloads 0 errors

Considering we lost 3 of these games I think Woods stats are more than impressive. Maybe not worth a million dollars though.
how is this possible hes avg 9.6 metres per run when he dies with the ball every hit up :crazy
he was a lot better towards the end of last year when he was pushing through tackles and had a offload hes been average this year.

Bula

Post by Bula » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 7:00 am

It would be much harder to tackle Woods if he ran at you with his knees up rather than his date looking for non-existent off load.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 7:02 am

Not a chance this is true. You could sign Evans, McQueen, Capewell and probably get Kasiano for just over 1m.
The last thing the dogs need is a front rower. We need more good players Teddy and to a lesser extent Moses and Nofa are the players we need to keep.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 7:33 am

Aaron Woods ignores Wests Tigers’ contract deadline threats to make decision on his future
MATT LOGUE, The Daily Telegraph
March 27, 2017 7:52pm

OFF-CONTRACT Wests Tigers captain Aaron Woods says he won’t be rushed into a decision on his future.

Just two days after Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said he would impose a deadline on the club’s four off-contract stars, Woods told The Daily Telegraph he wants to see how the team performs before committing.

It comes as a stern-speaking Pascoe vowed “we won’t be held to ransom by anyone”, in regards to the club’s big-name quartet not re-signing until they know who is appointed head coach.

“There is no time frame,” Woods said when asked about his contract.

“I just want to play some consistent footy first and be excited about the footy the team is playing, and then we’ll sit down and sort things out. But I haven’t even thought about it.”

To complicate matters, Woods has attracted interest from a number of rival NRL teams.

Canterbury is one club in the mix for the NSW Origin prop. It’s understood the Bulldogs are preparing to make a formal bid for the Tigers’ four off-contract stars.

Woods, though, is solely focused on the joint-venture club’s round 5 clash against the in-form Dragons at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

The Tigers sit on the bottom of the table after four rounds and the skipper knows his side must dramatically improve.

Meanwhile, Woods would like to see Interim coach Andrew Webster retain a position at the club — even if another head coach is appointed.

He believes Webster, a former Tigers SG Ball and Under 20s coach, is having a positive influence on the playing group.

“Yeah, well Webby is our Interim coach and he was our assistant coach and he has done a good job,” he said.

“It was obviously going to be a hard week for him last week and probably one of those weeks where it’s easy for the boys to get up for.

“But this is the real tough week for us now and we need to really knuckle down and work hard for each other. I just the club to do what is best for the club.”

Away from club land, Woods can’t wait for the upcoming Origin series against archrivals Queensland.

Speaking at the series launch on Monday, the Tigers captain said the Blues were feeling confident after last year’s thrilling victory in Game 3.

“I think that (win) was just a big step for where Loz (Laurie Daley) wants to go,” he said.

“We just want to be an 80 minute side and we played for the 80 minutes that night. Loz has had a really good squad that he has moulded over the last three or four years.

“There is a real good core of players.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... cc948019b1
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 7:42 am

matchball wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
It gets worse :

Editor - March 26, 2017

LOL...you obviously thought he did :lol:

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 7:57 am

bigsiro wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 4:28 am
Flippedy wrote:
If Woods had team mates, who played like Webcke & Thaiday in the pack around him, we would be a different team today.
Woods is no Petero, unless you are talking about Penrith Petero (which was when he was slower and devoid of Webcke-esque teamates etc). So I see your point re needing other solid forwards around him. But that is also hardly a glowing endorsement for the individual influence of Woods, or the great Petero.

I don't hate Woods, I think he is one of the best front rowers going around, I just don't think he is worth that much money, nor should he be our captain.
This is pretty spot on. I want Woods to stay. He is a really good prop forward. He definitely isn't worth that money.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:31 am

Joelcainenumber1fan wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 6:41 am
Tacky wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:08 pm
Aaron Woods 2017 stats
Round 1 184 meters 17 runs 23 tackles 2 offloads 1 error
Round 2 158 meters 20 runs 27 tackles 2 offloads 0 errors
Round 3 127 meters 12 runs 31 tackles 0 offloads 2 errors
Round 4 188 meters 19 runs 26 tackles 2 offloads 0 errors

Considering we lost 3 of these games I think Woods stats are more than impressive. Maybe not worth a million dollars though.
how is this possible hes avg 9.6 metres per run when he dies with the ball every hit up :crazy
he was a lot better towards the end of last year when he was pushing through tackles and had a offload hes been average this year.
6 offloads. That's not bad.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

matchball

Post by matchball » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:35 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 7:42 am
matchball wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
It gets worse :

Editor - March 26, 2017

Not at all.
I know that website is entirely satire.
I think the died pretty thought it was.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:12 am

matchball wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:35 am
innsaneink wrote:
matchball wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
It gets worse :

Editor - March 26, 2017

Not at all.

So its not real - thank God for that ;)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:23 am

Those sorts of articles are what destroys the credibility of real news. Because sometimes they're written so subtly that they could easily be true.

As for posting them on here, i think they should be banned. There's enough rumours around as it is. Last thing we need are articles that the OP already knows are fake. I understand the content makes it easy to tell, but its the headlines that suck you in before you realise.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:31 am

matchball wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:35 am
innsaneink wrote:
matchball wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
It gets worse :

Editor - March 26, 2017

Not at all.
Im sure he's not that gullible