Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs [Official]..

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs [Official]..

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 8:00 pm

What happens to Foran if Des gets removed, they are calling for his head. I would imagine Foran might of put a Des clause in his contract.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 8:13 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 04 Jun, 2017 8:00 pm
What happens to Foran if Des gets removed, they are calling for his head. I would imagine Foran might of put a Des clause in his contract.
Des just got a new contract.. $1.5m a season is the rumoured number.
The star of the team is the team.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 8:39 am

wt00 wrote:
Sun 04 Jun, 2017 8:13 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 04 Jun, 2017 8:00 pm
Des just got a new contract.. $1.5m a season is the rumoured number.
If he doesn't deliver they will punt him. Dogs have a lot of money and they will not hesitate to punt Des if he's not living up to their expectations, despite his previous achievements.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 9:18 am

Interesting times at the Dogs.Money not as bigger problem as lack of success - but re- signing Des a few weeks ago certainly puts them in an awkward position after a shocking loss like that. I will be surprised if they sack him now, however he will have very little time to steady the ship - next year if in fact he still there.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:44 am

They've gone as far as they are going to go under Des. Both he and the club would benefit from a fresh start. They'll have basically the same squad next year, throwing in Foran and Woods. Anyone really think the bearded buffoon is going to turn the Dogs into contenders?

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:53 am

Nope he won't . But they are banking on the mercenary, gambling, deathbed bully Foran to be their saviour. Good luck with that, he's really got the Warriors firing on all cylinders this year.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:15 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:53 am
Nope he won't . But they are banking on the mercenary, gambling, deathbed bully Foran to be their saviour. Good luck with that, he's really got the Warriors firing on all cylinders this year.
Alright I'm going to bite here, his abuse of Bourbon Becky was justified the moment she started speculating about the parentage of his children in the media. She deserved everything she got from him, dying or not.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:24 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:44 am
They've gone as far as they are going to go under Des. Both he and the club would benefit from a fresh start. They'll have basically the same squad next year, throwing in Foran and Woods. Anyone really think the bearded buffoon is going to turn the Dogs into contenders?
I didnt have them in my top 8 this year and i don't think they will make it next year. They have an ageing team on heavy contracts and their young players on big coin (mbye) havent kicked on. Foran is a shadow of his former self and they will lose 2 or 3 key forwards to fit woods in. Hasler was re signed on the back of foran signing only if he was coach. The game has moved past des just like it did with sheens. Their CEO has just been forced out and the board has elections next march. Good luck sharon at your new, no drama club lol.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:33 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:15 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:53 am
Alright I'm going to bite here, his abuse of Bourbon Becky was justified the moment she started speculating about the parentage of his children in the media. She deserved everything she got from him, dying or not.
And she didn't mind throwing mud at Johhny Mannah when he was dying, or had already died either. Just because you are dying or are dead does not make you a good person. She's definitely not missed.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:57 am

Never said she was a good person. Had no time for her views more often than not. Foran is a definite scumbag though. He obviously didn't enjoy being called out over a few of his dubious off-field exploits (which were all VERY hastily swept under the rug once he played the mental health card as per usual) and took to abusing a person on their deathbed. To me that isn't on. The bloke seems like a shifty deceitful coward who couldn't lie straight in bed, he will be looking for the big early exit out of the Bulldogs once they are hovering around the bottom of the ladder next season and the knives are out for him. Which they will be there is no question.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 12:07 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:57 am
Never said she was a good person. Had no time for her views more often than not. Foran is a definite scumbag though. He obviously didn't enjoy being called out over a few of his dubious off-field exploits (which were all VERY hastily swept under the rug once he played the mental health card as per usual) and took to abusing a person on their deathbed. To me that isn't on. The bloke seems like a shifty deceitful coward who couldn't lie straight in bed, he will be looking for the big early exit out of the Bulldogs once they are hovering around the bottom of the ladder next season and the knives are out for him. Which they will be there is no question.
Considering it was reported that Bourbon Becky kept her illness to her close family I am not sure how Foran was to know that she was dying? Yeah fair enough he's not quite a cleanskin but I don't look down on him for giving that piece of work the spray she so rightfully deserved. As if you wouldn't have gone to town on her if she was writing that your kids weren't yours.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 29 Sep, 2017 7:23 am

Dean Pay talking to the Telecrap yesterday mentioned Foran twice and Mbye once, and about developing their juniors.
Not one word about Woods, he'd be heartbroken.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Fri 29 Sep, 2017 9:40 am

Thats not good for the Dally M prop of the year🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 10:45 am

The drama doesn't stop here for the dogs, can you imagine the board elections in February. I wonder if woodsy is going to get a phone call from the board explaining what's going on lol

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 10:55 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 29 Sep, 2017 7:23 am
Dean Pay talking to the Telecrap yesterday mentioned Foran twice and Mbye once, and about developing their juniors.
Not one word about Woods, he'd be heartbroken.
Perhaps Pay knows what Woods will bring in terms of consistency, like him or not Woods plays at a reasonably high standard week after week.
Foran and Mbye are a week to week proposition, good one day hopeless the next. Woods will be a solid contributor for the Bulldogs next year you can be sure, he will go well.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 11:22 am

You gotta feel for the former fake captain. You could tell he really formed a close relationship with Cleary, and couldn't have made it more obvious that he regretted having to leave. Now he has to form a new relationship with a new coach, whose untested at NRL level, at a new club that isn't looking like they have much to offer in 2018. Or you don't have to feel for him.

Lidcombe Magpie

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 12:46 pm

So does anybody know why Woods and Foran's contracts have not been lodged and signed off by the NRL. Is is just around cap issues? Has Woods only signed a Heads of Agreement? If so, puts him in a very difficult position if the Dogs pull the pin on him or the NRL don't sign of on the contract.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 1:14 pm

Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 12:46 pm
So does anybody know why Woods and Foran's contracts have not been lodged and signed off by the NRL. Is is just around cap issues? Has Woods only signed a Heads of Agreement? If so, puts him in a very difficult position if the Dogs pull the pin on him or the NRL don't sign of on the contract.
The NRL have refused to register their contracts until the Bulldogs get under the cap.

I read somewhere recently that their current contracted 'star players' are refusing to be moved on so the bulldogs lesser players are being pushed out. I can't see how that can possibly work though and keep their player quota.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford