Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs 2018 - Sharks 2018 [Official]..

bathursttiger

Re: Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs [Official]..

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 4:14 pm

Cleary might be just waiting and watching to see what players become available, as long as he steers clear of Newcastle and Bulldogs rejects.
I think that there will be a lot of player movements as clubs juggle their caps, that is the ones that have a cap not a sombrero.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 4:33 pm

Unfortunately it seems we are the only club with a CAP .. as every other club seem to have very large sombrero's .. !!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 9:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 3:29 pm
TYGA wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:54 pm
You will find he's not wanted back at this stage.
I am told Cleary has moved on and shut down the possibility with his manager. Dogs will work it out one way or another.
It makes you wonder doesn't it. The way Woods was talking towards the end of the year, you could tell he knew he'd stuffed up. In that case, he could have asked the Dogs for a release as clubs never hold players to contracts if they ask to be let free. It made no sense that Woods wouldn't have asked. It does make sense though if Cleary didn't want him.
Don't underestimate Isaac Moses insidious influence in all this. I'm just guessing but he would stand to miss out on his cut if the contract is not registered?
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 7:01 pm

One for the conspiracy lovers.

West’s tigers have promoted all current players for the World Cup with their respective teams, Alex Twal - Lebanon, Tui - Tonga, Naiqama - Fiji, ET - NZ, Woods - Australia. Yet know mention of Tedesco for Italy. Does this infer that there is still some hope the bearded wonder will stay? It’s a bit odd.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 7:05 pm

Last edited by voice of reason on Wed 18 Oct, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suffering supporter since 1967

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 7:11 pm

Yeah he's gone. We're probably not going to give him any more publicity now.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 7:12 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 7:01 pm

West’s tigers have promoted all current players for the World Cup with their respective teams, Alex Twal - Lebanon, Tui - Tonga, Naiqama - Fiji, ET - NZ, Woods - Australia. Yet know mention of Tedesco for Italy. Does this infer that there is still some hope the bearded wonder will stay? It’s a bit odd.
I for one hope he stays.

Turdesco can go to hell

charlii72

Post by charlii72 » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:

West’s tigers have promoted all current players for the World Cup with their respective teams, Alex Twal - Lebanon, Tui - Tonga, Naiqama - Fiji, ET - NZ, Woods - Australia. Yet no mention of Tedesco for Italy. Does this infer that there is still some hope the bearded wonder will stay? It’s a bit odd.
I had noticed this as well, and emailed the club, and their reply was that they had named the whole of team Italy (on Twitter) as we had more than one WT rep in the team (2 - Tedesco and Milone). Then they congratulate the 3 WT reps in team Lebanon on the one post featuring Twal - so that statement is not consistent.

However I did not bother to argue the point after seeing Alex's post, so left it there.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 9:37 pm

Reynolds, Woods face old clubs in Round 12

Wed 18 Oct, 2017, 7:00pm
By Michael Chammas‌, Chief Reporter‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@MichaelChammas
EMAIL PRINT
Reynolds, Woods face old clubs in Round 12
Wests Tigers recruit Josh Reynolds and new Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods are set to face off in Round 12 in 2018. Credit: Robb Cox. Copyright: NRL Photos.
Mark it down in the calendar as one of the most emotion-charged games of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership regular season.

With the NRL set to unveil next year's draw on Thursday morning, NRL.com can reveal Josh Reynolds' Wests Tigers will host Aaron Woods' Canterbury Bulldogs on Sunday, May 27.

The NRL has scheduled the Sydney blockbuster at ANZ Stadium in Round 12, which also doubles as the final match before NSW and Queensland select their teams for the opening game of the State of Origin series.

Both Woods and Reynolds, who have switched clubs in the off-season, must each wait three months before squaring off against their former team in 2018.

Woods' decision to link with the Bulldogs angered Tigers fans, however feelings towards the skipper improved over the course of the season given the amount of effort he put in during his final weeks at the club.

It was in complete contrast to the reaction surrounding Reynolds' deal with the Tigers, with many Bulldogs supporters voicing their frustration with the club over the defection of one of their favourite sons.

The Wests Tigers and Bulldogs meet twice in 2018 and their clashes are among several highly anticipated match-ups next season pinning high-profile recruits against their old clubs.

James Tedesco will don the Roosters jersey for the first time against the Tigers in the opening round, while Ben Hunt won't have to wait long to play against his old club either, with the Dragons drawn against the Broncos in the Thursday night season opener in Kogarah.

The NRL grand final has been locked in for September 30, with the regular season reduced from 26 rounds to 25.

There is also a standalone Origin weekend, with Game Two to be played in Sydney on Sunday, June 24. NRL clubs will also be given a bye at another point through the season.

Last season the NRL reduced the number of games in a round during the Origin period on six occasions, however the number of rounds affected by byes will be reduced to just two in 2018.

The number of five-day turnarounds has also been reduced.

The NRL has also moved to take advantage of the Easter long weekend in 2018, stretching the round over five days.

The NRL put the finishing touches on the 2018 schedule on Wednesday morning, which includes the re-introduction of Thursday night football for the Easter round.

This year's grand finalists, North Queensland Cowboys, will host Penrith Panthers in Townsville on Thursday, March 29 in a match televised on Channel Nine.

It will be played on the eve of the traditional Good Friday clash between South Sydney and Canterbury, which will be played at ANZ Stadium in Round 4.

The NRL will also play a night game on Easter Sunday before the Tigers and Eels do battle at ANZ Stadium on Easter Monday.

The official 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership draw will be released on the NRL Official App and NRL.com at 10.00am on Thursday.
in Ivan we distrust

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 11:07 pm

Foran is a shot duck....the dogs have got years of des mistakes to live through. I wouldn't take Eastwood for free either and Morris brothers are done, their leaders re gone....they will take our spot in bottom 3 next year.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 6:02 am

charlii72 wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

West’s tigers have promoted all current players for the World Cup with their respective teams, Alex Twal - Lebanon, Tui - Tonga, Naiqama - Fiji, ET - NZ, Woods - Australia. Yet no mention of Tedesco for Italy. Does this infer that there is still some hope the bearded wonder will stay? It’s a bit odd.
I had noticed this as well, and emailed the club, and their reply was that they had named the whole of team Italy (on Twitter) as we had more than one WT rep in the team (2 - Tedesco and Milone). Then they congratulate the 3 WT reps in team Lebanon on the one post featuring Twal - so that statement is not consistent.

However I did not bother to argue the point after seeing Alex's post, so left it there.
Isn't aloai in for Italy too.

charlii72

Post by charlii72 » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:32 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 6:02 am
charlii72 wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

He was named in the train-on squad, but not the playing squad.

This morning, I actually looked on the WT website at the page where they named the team for Italy, and at the bottom there is a post for Tedesco, however this never made it to Twitter or Instagram like the other WT players.

tigerfanatic

Post by tigerfanatic » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:38 pm

Someone lock this thread.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:32 pm

charlii72 wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:32 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 6:02 am
charlii72 wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

He was named in the train-on squad, but not the playing squad.
Wha? Is he injured or something? I thought he was massive in the last few weeks of the comp.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:06 pm

Graham's Dogs exit 'frustrating': Klemmer

Mon 23 Oct, 2017, 6:00pm
By Michael Chammas‌, Chief Reporter‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com

As David Klemmer prepares to face off against his mentor on Friday night, the Kangaroos prop has spoken about the disappointment of James Graham's departure from Canterbury.

Klemmer, who is expected to start in the front row for Australia in the World Cup opener in Melbourne on Friday night, will go head to head with Graham when the Kangaroos square off with England at AAMI Park.

But the pain of the Canterbury club captain being squeezed out of Belmore is still raw for Klemmer, who admits he is in disbelief Graham had been forced out to St George Illawarra.

"It was pretty hard. I never would have thought that him, being our¬¬ captain, the club would try and move him on – that was pretty confusing," Klemmer told NRL.com.

"And how the club worked its salary cap, that was pretty head scratching to see how things panned out. It was very frustrating because you don't often see a captain moved on."

There was a bittersweet tinge to the drama for Klemmer. There isn't a Canterbury player happier than Klemmer about Aaron Woods' acquisition, however it was the signing of Woods that sealed Graham's fate.

"I didn't know at the time when we signed Woodsy that Bupa (Graham) was going to leave," Klemmer said.

"I thought that all of us might have been playing together. It goes back to the club and the people running the club back then. They signed people and knew how the salary cap was working. It was pretty disappointing, to be honest.

"When he told me after the last game that he was going, I told him 'thank you for everything you've done for me, I loved every minute of it'. He taught me to be myself. He told me don't try and be something that you're not. Never change for anyone and be true to yourself.

"He's just a good bloke. I'm so lucky to have played with him. He helped me coming into first grade. He nurtured me, he showed me the ropes and I loved playing with him as well because he was so passionate. He was always firing me up and helped me so much with my game."

Canterbury's decision to terminate Des Hasler's contract and the appointment of Dean Pay has created plenty of excitement at the club.

Klemmer, who has already been in contact with the new coach, believes the club's new look was needed for the team to have a fresh start.

"I'm like a kid starting high school. I can't wait," Klemmer said.

"I went in the other day and talking footy and I introduced Deano to my family. It's exciting. I can't wait. The club is going in a different direction, all these old-school players are coming back. Andrew Farrar has been appointed football manager and old players coming back.

"It's going to be a whole different vibe. The place needed a fresh start and [chairman] Ray Dib is doing an awesome job at the moment cleaning things up and getting things ready for us. It's something to look forward to."

There aren't too many fond memories Klemmer can recall from a nightmare 2017 season. His captain, coach and best friend, Josh Reynolds were squeezed out.

"As a person and as a footballer, last year tested your character," Klemmer said.

"Losing football games is not fun at all. You go up the shops and you have your own fans spraying you. No one was interested. Going to the games no one was there as well. That was hard. We weren't going out there to lose football games. We tried too hard sometimes.

"We didn't help Dessie the way we were performing. We can't dwell on it. It was pretty hard watching semi-final football and us not being there."
in Ivan we distrust

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:23 pm

Woods sounds like a popular man already in the dressing room, and he hasn't even set foot in there yet.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:42 pm

"I didn't know at the time when we signed Woodsy that Bupa (Graham) was going to leave," Klemmer said.

Well what did you think would happen Dave? You thought you could bring in an international prop and it wouldn't have repercussions?

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:01 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 11:07 pm
Foran is a shot duck....the dogs have got years of des mistakes to live through. I wouldn't take Eastwood for free either and Morris brothers are done, their leaders re gone....they will take our spot in bottom 3 next year.
Des thinks Renyolds is gone and on the slippery slide out of 1st grade,thinks he will spend more time on the sidelines/gym recovering from niggles than playing for us,hope he's wrong on that one,we will all know early next year.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.