Taane Milne (official)

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Re: Taane Milne (official)

Post by colmcd » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm

But will he start?

Between Nofo, Kev N, MWZ, Founa, Thompson, Marsters and Milne (have I missed anyone)
We have to get 2 centers and 2 wingers. If the bench spot goes too Marshall (and it may) it leaves 3 people sitting out. Ok one will be MWZ, but on the above list, Milne is going to have to fight for his spot pretty hard.


User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 6:28 am

colmcd wrote:
Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm
But will he start?

Between Nofo, Kev N, MWZ, Founa, Thompson, Marsters and Milne (have I missed anyone)
We have to get 2 centers and 2 wingers. If the bench spot goes too Marshall (and it may) it leaves 3 people sitting out. Ok one will be MWZ, but on the above list, Milne is going to have to fight for his spot pretty hard.
Marsters to bench, Milne & Suli in centres, Nofo & MWZ/Kev/Thompson/Fonua on the wings

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 7:22 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 6:28 am
colmcd wrote:
Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm
But will he start?

Between Nofo, Kev N, MWZ, Founa, Thompson, Marsters and Milne (have I missed anyone)
We have to get 2 centers and 2 wingers. If the bench spot goes too Marshall (and it may) it leaves 3 people sitting out. Ok one will be MWZ, but on the above list, Milne is going to have to fight for his spot pretty hard.
Marsters to bench, Milne & Suli in centres, Nofo & MWZ/Kev/Thompson/Fonua on the wings

That's a lot of wingers! I don't think we're allowed that many :mrgreen:

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 7:25 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 7:22 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 6:28 am
colmcd wrote:
Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm
But will he start?

Between Nofo, Kev N, MWZ, Founa, Thompson, Marsters and Milne (have I missed anyone)
We have to get 2 centers and 2 wingers. If the bench spot goes too Marshall (and it may) it leaves 3 people sitting out. Ok one will be MWZ, but on the above list, Milne is going to have to fight for his spot pretty hard.
Marsters to bench, Milne & Suli in centres, Nofo & MWZ/Kev/Thompson/Fonua on the wings

That's a lot of wingers! I don't think we're allowed that many :mrgreen:
Maybe they could widen the field for us.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
notarealtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed 12 Aug, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 10:23 am

My money is on Nofo, Fonua with Suli and Milne as starters. I'm guessing Marsters will be moving to the second row, looks much more ready than Suli.


Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 1:49 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 7:25 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 7:22 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 6:28 am
colmcd wrote:
Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm
But will he start?

Between Nofo, Kev N, MWZ, Founa, Thompson, Marsters and Milne (have I missed anyone)
We have to get 2 centers and 2 wingers. If the bench spot goes too Marshall (and it may) it leaves 3 people sitting out. Ok one will be MWZ, but on the above list, Milne is going to have to fight for his spot pretty hard.
Marsters to bench, Milne & Suli in centres, Nofo & MWZ/Kev/Thompson/Fonua on the wings

That's a lot of wingers! I don't think we're allowed that many :mrgreen:
Maybe they could widen the field for us.
I'll take any advantage we can get!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29674
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 1:55 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 1:49 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 7:25 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 7:22 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 6:28 am

Marsters to bench, Milne & Suli in centres, Nofo & MWZ/Kev/Thompson/Fonua on the wings

That's a lot of wingers! I don't think we're allowed that many :mrgreen:
Maybe they could widen the field for us.
I'll take any advantage we can get!
Not sure how that would go..when we struggle to defend the width as it is...

The good thing about these options is they are more solid at NRL level than we have had in the past..those that miss out will have the opportunity to press claims each week..

Injuries always play a part also..

Milne has been impressive for Fiji Bati..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

TigerSJ
Member
Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 2:39 pm

Milne has been very good - one of the leading centres in the tournament. At this point I'd be putting him in the starting side along with Suli, as long as Suli is 100% fit and ready to go. As for wingers we will start with Nofo and the other spot will go most likely to Fonua. I 'just hope Tui works out at fullback.

I still believe we are short an impact prop or second rower - I do believe Aloiai could be that type of guy, but after watching some of the hard running Islanders in the RLWC its an area we just don't have covered.

Bula
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun 05 Jun, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Bula » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 9:13 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 2:39 pm
Milne has been very good - one of the leading centres in the tournament. At this point I'd be putting him in the starting side along with Suli, as long as Suli is 100% fit and ready to go. As for wingers we will start with Nofo and the other spot will go most likely to Fonua. I 'just hope Tui works out at fullback.

I still believe we are short an impact prop or second rower - I do believe Aloiai could be that type of guy, but after watching some of the hard running Islanders in the RLWC its an area we just don't have covered.
Lolohea was the worst on ground the other day.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 10:12 pm

Bula wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 9:13 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 2:39 pm
Milne has been very good - one of the leading centres in the tournament. At this point I'd be putting him in the starting side along with Suli, as long as Suli is 100% fit and ready to go. As for wingers we will start with Nofo and the other spot will go most likely to Fonua. I 'just hope Tui works out at fullback.

I still believe we are short an impact prop or second rower - I do believe Aloiai could be that type of guy, but after watching some of the hard running Islanders in the RLWC its an area we just don't have covered.
Lolohea was the worst on ground the other day.
Tui has looked good to me every game I've watched.

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:02 am

got found out in defence last night,quite a few times.

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1828
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:33 am

Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:02 am
got found out in defence last night,quite a few times.
Waas generally facing a 4 on 1 or 2 situation - not sure any other centre in the game wuld have done much better in that side

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 10:44 pm

The Melbourne winger had 6 tries scored against him. Do you seriously think that the Storm will drop him from the team?

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33118
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 1:08 am

Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:02 am
got found out in defence last night,quite a few times.
The defensive lapses started further in-field, Milne and Vunivalu we're always on the backfoot as a result.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 5:05 am

The quality and class of the Australuan team prevailed simple as that. When push come to shove the two teams are really not on the same page.

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 7:44 am

willow wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 1:08 am
Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:02 am
got found out in defence last night,quite a few times.
The defensive lapses started further in-field, Milne and Vunivalu we're always on the backfoot as a result.
Hayne missed 8 tackles

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:05 am

vlad wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 7:44 am
willow wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 1:08 am
Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:02 am
got found out in defence last night,quite a few times.
The defensive lapses started further in-field, Milne and Vunivalu we're always on the backfoot as a result.
Hayne missed 8 tackles
Apart from his stupid penalties and missed tackles - you wouldn't have known he was on the field.
Good luck to the Eels if he is going there again.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22677
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:09 am

Russell wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:05 am
vlad wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 7:44 am
willow wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 1:08 am
Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:02 am
got found out in defence last night,quite a few times.
The defensive lapses started further in-field, Milne and Vunivalu we're always on the backfoot as a result.
Hayne missed 8 tackles
Apart from his stupid penalties and missed tackles - you wouldn't have known he was on the field.
Good luck to the Eels if he is going there again.
I had a work dinner thing on Friday night and one guy I work with is a fanatical Parra fan. He was elated that Hayne is going back. Says he'll play in the centres. Also claimed that Fittler has already been quoted as saying his halves for Origin will be Moses and Cleary.

Post Reply