Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

TigerSkins

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by TigerSkins » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:20 pm

vlad wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:11 pm
Ali’s latest rumours

📢 WESTS TIGERS WASTE NO TIME!! 📢

MAGUIRE TO MAKE IMPACT IMMEDIATELY 🐯

Wests Tigers coach Micheal Maguire is wasting no time. Playmaker Luke brooks is set to sign a new 3 year deal with the club with a 4th year option rejecting any interest from the Sydney Roosters.

The Wests Tigers are also very interested in signing Parramatta Eels second rower Manu Mau and South Sydney Rabbitohs prop Zane Musgrove for season 2019.

This is where it becomes interesting, utility Elijah Taylor is being shopped around to the New Zealand Warriors and the Newcastle Knights and Chris McQueen has been told to look elsewhere for 2019.

Thoughts 💭?.
Thoughts .. you're 2 pages behind .. !!

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:24 pm

vlad wrote:
Ali’s latest rumours

Wests Tigers coach Micheal Maguire is wasting no time. Playmaker Luke brooks is set to sign a new 3 year deal with the club with a 4th year option rejecting any interest from the Sydney Roosters.

The Wests Tigers are also very interested in signing Parramatta Eels second rower Manu Mau and South Sydney Rabbitohs prop Zane Musgrove for season 2019.

This is where it becomes interesting, utility Elijah Taylor is being shopped around to the New Zealand Warriors and the Newcastle Knights and Chris McQueen has been told to look elsewhere for 2019.

Thoughts 💭?.
Great to see Maguire will hitting the ground running, this is the tonic we need - I’ll go with his vision: No Bus, No Fuss

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:40 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:24 pm
vlad wrote:
Ali’s latest rumours

Thoughts 💭?.
Great to see Maguire will hitting the ground running, this is the tonic we need - I’ll go with his vision: No Bus, No Fuss
This is great news if true

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:43 am

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:17 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 10:54 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 9:00 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 8:43 pm

Gamble is a wildcard. nothing more nothing less. In 2019 he could be a better option than Benji, we dont know at this stage.

What i do kind of know though is that Benji Marshall will not be better in 2019 than he was in 2018. Its time to look to the future..
I struggle to imagine Gamble ever becoming a better option than Benji. But i've been wrong plenty of times before.
I wouldn't have Gamble to far behind Benji. Benji had a poor season and was as rocks and diamonds as always. Gamble is similar but 10 years younger. Gamble 6 is a natural playmaker whereas Benji isn't. Gamble needs to work on his defence, but so did benji for the first decade of his career. I don't see anything that benji did in 2018 that Gamble couldn't potentially do in 2019.
People seem to forget Gamble made his debut in our worst performance of the season, where every single player was atrocious. And he was played out of position at halfback for 2/3 of the ISP season after Drinkwater left. He's no organising halfback, but that's ok.

Otherwise who knows maybe young Jock Madden is a roughie. Newcastle offered him a spot in their top 30 for 2019 yet he decided to join us outside our 30. He's got talent but will likely be too small for grade in 2019.
Wow! Gamble is not in same universe mate.
Gamble is a youngster who's played one game. No one in their right mind can write him off. I'm not saying he's a star, just that he has a truckload of talent and Benji was largely poor last season. I can't see Benji playing more than 10 games next season that's if he even survives preseason!

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:07 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:40 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:24 pm
vlad wrote:
Ali’s latest rumours

Thoughts 💭?.
This is great news if true
Yes, great news if true but this is from Ali's rumours, who has obviously been reading this forum. The news re Brooks seems to be a goer, though.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:01 am

Interesting at least he seems honest in his appraisal.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:07 am

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:01 am
Interesting at least he seems honest in his appraisal.
Helps having a coach who has won a premiership in recent memory as well. Players want to play under successful coaches. He gets us finals bound next year and we could see players we'd never think of being linked to wanting to come here.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:15 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:43 am
momo&medo wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

I struggle to imagine Gamble ever becoming a better option than Benji. But i've been wrong plenty of times before.
I wouldn't have Gamble to far behind Benji. Benji had a poor season and was as rocks and diamonds as always. Gamble is similar but 10 years younger. Gamble 6 is a natural playmaker whereas Benji isn't. Gamble needs to work on his defence, but so did benji for the first decade of his career. I don't see anything that benji did in 2018 that Gamble couldn't potentially do in 2019.
People seem to forget Gamble made his debut in our worst performance of the season, where every single player was atrocious. And he was played out of position at halfback for 2/3 of the ISP season after Drinkwater left. He's no organising halfback, but that's ok.

Otherwise who knows maybe young Jock Madden is a roughie. Newcastle offered him a spot in their top 30 for 2019 yet he decided to join us outside our 30. He's got talent but will likely be too small for grade in 2019.
Gamble is a youngster who's played one game. No one in their right mind can write him off. I'm not saying he's a star, just that he has a truckload of talent and Benji was largely poor last season. I can't see Benji playing more than 10 games next season that's if he even survives preseason!
One NRL game but he wasn't too flash in ISP either...

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:18 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

Agree with both your posts BB - Needs to at least be given a fair go (that means more than 1 game).

Don't think he would be as big a gamble as some make out.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:54 am

Like i or not Benji is retiring this year.

We better get our contingency plans activated asap

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:31 pm

TYGA wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 9:55 pm
So far the rumours are Coen Hess, James Fisher Harris, Manu Mau, Jack Wighton Musgrove and Shaun Johnson. It sounds like guessing to me on who’s off contract in 2019.

If we get rid of Mcqueen and ET we will have 4 spots up for grabs.

Lock in Hess, Fisher Harris, Wighton, Mau for me. And while we are at it a swap of ET and Reynolds for Shaun Johnson.
:arrow: Hess + Fisher-Harris + Mau would really bolster our pack. All provide intimidation and high energy impact in games which is what we are lacking at the moment.

:arrow: Wighton and Marsters in the centres would be pretty dangerous.

If we bought these 4 players, I'd be a happy man. I know Hess wasn't in the best form this year, but Nth Qld were duds all over the park, so he's in similar company. Can't read too much into it imo.

Come on Madge. Make this happen :!:
10. Matulino
9. Farah
8. Packer

------------------
11. Mau
12. Fisher-Harris

------------------
13. Lawrence/Matterson

Bench:
[*]Hess
[*]Liddle
[*]Matterson/Lawrence
[*]Twal

Don't know what to do do with the Benji/Reynolds situation

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:47 pm

Bench needs more colours..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:51 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:47 pm
Bench needs more colours..
Racist :o
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:57 pm

Gawd... :brick:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:33 pm

weststigers wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:31 pm
TYGA wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 9:55 pm
So far the rumours are Coen Hess, James Fisher Harris, Manu Mau, Jack Wighton Musgrove and Shaun Johnson. It sounds like guessing to me on who’s off contract in 2019.

If we get rid of Mcqueen and ET we will have 4 spots up for grabs.

Lock in Hess, Fisher Harris, Wighton, Mau for me. And while we are at it a swap of ET and Reynolds for Shaun Johnson.
:arrow: Hess + Fisher-Harris + Mau would really bolster our pack. All provide intimidation and high energy impact in games which is what we are lacking at the moment.

:arrow: Wighton and Marsters in the centres would be pretty dangerous.

If we bought these 4 players, I'd be a happy man. I know Hess wasn't in the best form this year, but Nth Qld were duds all over the park, so he's in similar company. Can't read too much into it imo.

Come on Madge. Make this happen :!:
10. Matulino
9. Farah
8. Packer

------------------
11. Mau
12. Fisher-Harris

------------------
13. Lawrence/Matterson

Bench:
[*]Hess
[*]Liddle
[*]Matterson/Lawrence
[*]Twal

Don't know what to do do with the Benji/Reynolds situation
dont get me wrong i would love these players too, but where the hell do u think this is ever going to happen, we have a 10,0000 to 1 chance of landing hess or fisher- harris or even wrighton. so why torture ur selve by putting them in a tigers team. iam just been realistic, not bagging u at all.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 4:09 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

Much like this year Benji should only be in first grade if injuries strike Reynolds. I would even prefer Gamble to old man Benji.

If Benji plays more than half a dozen NRL games next year we will be well down the table.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 5:10 pm

Pretty surprised by the hate for Benji. He's nowhere near the player he was but i'm not sure we have much better. Reynolds didn't exactly shoot the lights out when he played any significant minutes and Gamble's debut was painful to watch.

The harsh reality is that we didn't win a game last year when Benji wasn't 5/8... We were 12-9 when he played...