Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
the third
Member
Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: here and there

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by the third » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:59 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:51 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:34 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:53 pm
The footage was weak at best. How he got a suspended sentence is over the top. Deserves to be fined and charged with affray. There’s no way he would have been charged if he wasn’t a NRL player.
Completely wrong. Anyone would have been charged for that. Affray would have been a stupid charge. It’s generally used when there’s a bit of each way or it’s difficult to determine role in a large melee. Here it was all him going up and instigating fights - hitting people in the head and head butting. He caused ABH in two instances. Individual assault and AoABH charges were appropriate.

As for penalty, a suspended sentence is well within range, especially post-Loveridge.
It’s weak worse happens every Saturday night in Newtown. In this weak world it’s chargeable in my day cops would have given him a clip over the ears and dragged him in for the night to sober up. Sorry don’t agree with you or society it’s clearly unacceptable and moronic but hardly a beating dished out.
I live a block from the station and it’s not worse than I see daily, let alone on the weekends. Cops here when I grew up would have more than sorted him out, then again there are cops outside clubs in Sydney. He was lookin for people half his size by the looks of the cctv...probably works in Canberra.


User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:01 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:09 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 2:05 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:58 pm
TheDaBoss wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:16 am
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 1542147362

dufty? yea or nah?
We'd be mad if we don't have a crack at him, he's got great hands, super fast, a very illusive runner, and very hard to handle / tackle. Not sure how much he's after .. but I'd say yea .. !!
on the sports breakfast this morning it was stated that duffy was really on the nose with his team mates, no reason given, but he most of done something bad i guess.
falls into the tool category..so probably not along with Wighton..
Yup, not tools or grubs just good Samaritans need apply..
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:09 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:08 pm
The President of the Mahe Fonua fan club is demanding better quality signings? :shock:
Mrs Fonua is getting stressed :?
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29694
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:12 pm

For all the criticism, for the most part, OP is correct

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2427
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:15 pm

joelw2002 wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 4:53 pm
When are we gonna make a good signing? Rumours have it the Bulldogs are signing Dylan Napa, and their the team with salary cap problems. We should be signing him.
Its frustrating for sure but no doubt we are waiting for Maguire to announce these signings.

And thats the way it should be.
Its an opinion!


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3570
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:28 pm

Masterton wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:55 pm
Better to be "useless" at signing players than signing useless players.
Agreed we dont want to become another parra

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:44 pm

the third wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:51 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:34 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:53 pm
The footage was weak at best. How he got a suspended sentence is over the top. Deserves to be fined and charged with affray. There’s no way he would have been charged if he wasn’t a NRL player.
Completely wrong. Anyone would have been charged for that. Affray would have been a stupid charge. It’s generally used when there’s a bit of each way or it’s difficult to determine role in a large melee. Here it was all him going up and instigating fights - hitting people in the head and head butting. He caused ABH in two instances. Individual assault and AoABH charges were appropriate.

As for penalty, a suspended sentence is well within range, especially post-Loveridge.
It’s weak worse happens every Saturday night in Newtown. In this weak world it’s chargeable in my day cops would have given him a clip over the ears and dragged him in for the night to sober up. Sorry don’t agree with you or society it’s clearly unacceptable and moronic but hardly a beating dished out.
I live a block from the station and it’s not worse than I see daily, let alone on the weekends. Cops here when I grew up would have more than sorted him out, then again there are cops outside clubs in Sydney. He was lookin for people half his size by the looks of the cctv...probably works in Canberra.
You must go to bed early on Saturday nights.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29694
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:44 pm

we all thought he was a flog before this...now we know for certain

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33160
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:50 pm

Back on topic please. The court case has been decided and this is not the thread to discuss it in.

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:53 pm

WT2K wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:01 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:09 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 2:05 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:58 pm

We'd be mad if we don't have a crack at him, he's got great hands, super fast, a very illusive runner, and very hard to handle / tackle. Not sure how much he's after .. but I'd say yea .. !!
on the sports breakfast this morning it was stated that duffy was really on the nose with his team mates, no reason given, but he most of done something bad i guess.
falls into the tool category..so probably not along with Wighton..
Yup, not tools or grubs just good Samaritans need apply..
Why would we sign Dufty when we have Mbye? But still dumb move by the Dragons.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01. TheDaBoss.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:03 pm

We already have a signings thread.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7204
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:14 pm

joelw2002 wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:53 pm
WT2K wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:01 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:09 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 2:05 pm


on the sports breakfast this morning it was stated that duffy was really on the nose with his team mates, no reason given, but he most of done something bad i guess.
falls into the tool category..so probably not along with Wighton..
Yup, not tools or grubs just good Samaritans need apply..
Why would we sign Dufty when we have Mbye? But still dumb move by the Dragons.

Duffy has limitations, he is lighting quick, but doesn’t ball play like most modern no1s, and has defensive issues. On top of that he wants big dollars.

I hope Ricky snaps him up and we get Jack Wighton, just think he would be the ideal player to play Madgeball. Anyway I know plenty disagree, but most really good sides have at least one hard rugged centre and we have been lacking that for yonks

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2454
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:23 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:11 pm
Burgess twins are being shopped around.
Surely Madge can persuade them both to the club.
We need big boys up front asap.
God yes please!

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7204
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:28 pm

You can only sign players that are willing to come to your club and you can only offer players what your salary cap pay.

I am sure our club is out there in the market place like every other club, but the demand for the very good player outstrips the supply by some margin. So the very good players, plus plenty of average players, are in hot demand and have plenty of choices

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 6025
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:37 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:37 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:13 pm
matchball wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:11 pm
Burgess twins are being shopped around.
Surely Madge can persuade them both to the club.
We need big boys up front asap.
True, but we need a good outside back as well, which would require a swap or player to move on to get all 3.
Lurker says McQueen to Redfern so that will free up space.
Good for all parties if true

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 1:12 pm

No more plodders!
:sign:

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 1:22 pm


User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 1:25 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 1:12 pm
Who the hell is "wackos whispers" ??

Post Reply