Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

GNR4LIFE

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 6:31 pm

I saw the Walker tweet posted on FB. Someone replied saying it was the first Walker’s fiancé had heard about it. So take that fwiw.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:09 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 6:17 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 6:00 pm
If Walker is true we have signed Matterson and Walker for our two glaring areas of weakness edge forward and centre.
Also assuming Musgrove is correct and Mikalele lives up to the hype we have replaced the lost front row depth in Grant and Sue.

If we can upgrade ET at lock with Mau, Hess etc this team is miles ahead of last year.
Absolutely. Musgrove, Matterson, Walker would be great additions and if we could grab Mau as well we'd be heading in the right direction.
Still think we could add a bit at either fullback or and outside back. Someone young and dynamic with speed to burn.

Get that player then it starts looking like a balanced squad.
Last edited by The Patriot on Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its an opinion!

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:13 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:09 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
TYGA wrote:
If Walker is true we have signed Matterson and Walker for our two glaring areas of weakness edge forward and centre.
Also assuming Musgrove is correct and Mikalele lives up to the hype we have replaced the lost front row depth in Grant and Sue.

If we can upgrade ET at lock with Mau, Hess etc this team is miles ahead of last year.
Absolutely. Musgrove, Matterson, Walker would be great additions and if we could grab Mau as well we'd be heading in the right direction.
Still think we could add a bit at either fullback our and outside back. Someone young and dynamic with speed to burn.

Mbye is our long term fullback and was very good for us after he joined. I don't think that's one area we need to improve.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:13 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:09 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
TYGA wrote:

Still think we could add a bit at either fullback our and outside back. Someone young and dynamic with speed to burn.

What’s with the Fullback needs?
We have Mbye and Thompson and the young fella Smith, Mbye played really good footy at the back when he came over.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:21 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 3:26 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 2:16 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 1:42 pm
this guy hasnt had any impact on the park in years.

Please no!!!

Brodie Croft made an impact on him.
wrong player mate
Yes Geo already corrected me, old age.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:23 pm

Glennb wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 3:52 pm
matchball wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 3:35 pm
Trent Merrin on the outer. Looking for a super League deal.
Why can't we make a play for him?? So frustrating.
Because he is old, fat and slow and at the wrong end of his career after a poor season? Exactly the type of signing the Tigers would have made in the past and an encouraging sign that there was no link to him from the Tigers this year.
Spot on plus he’s on about $800K a season.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:27 pm

Not that i like the guy but someone like Bevan French would add a bit to our squad. If Mybe goes down or is needed more at 5/8 we dont really have a back up. Yes we have Reynolds and Marshall but Mybe is borderline QLD Origin, the other two are well past their best.

Same for the wing position. If Nofo or Thompson goes down we are back to Fonua who cant catch bombs.

We need a player who can cover fullback and wing and balance out the squad. Not only that but force a bit of competition and make players like Nofoaluma earn their spots week in and week out.
Its an opinion!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:32 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:27 pm
Not that i like the guy but someone like Bevan French would add a bit to our squad. If Mybe goes down or is needed more at 5/8 we dont really have a back up. Yes we have Reynolds and Marshall but Mybe is borderline QLD Origin, the other two are well past their best.

Same for the wing position. If Nofo or Thompson goes down we are back to Fonua who cant catch bombs.

We need a player who can cover fullback and wing and balance out the squad. Not only that but force a bit of competition and make players like Nofoaluma earn their spots week in and week out.
At the moment I think Dylan Smith has that role.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:35 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:32 pm
The Patriot wrote:

Fair enough, look forward to seeing him progress.

Had hoped hayne would fill the fullback/wing/centre role but i think we can put that to bed now.
Its an opinion!

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:39 pm

I think alot on here arent giving momo his due. The kid will be a beast a friend close to the roosters said they are dirty on loaing him this quickly. Thought they had a first class back up centre as insurance.

He will impress without any insight if he lives up to the hype he is one centre

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:43 pm

hodgo wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:39 pm
I think alot on here arent giving momo his due. The kid will be a beast a friend close to the roosters said they are dirty on loaing him this quickly. Thought they had a first class back up centre as insurance.

He will impress without any insight if he lives up to the hype he is one centre
While there's huge wraps on him coming from Easts, our depth in the centres has been an issue since Suli & Milne had their issues and left before 2018 had kicked off. If we're going to compete with the best we've got to think like the best and stack our roster top to bottom with as much talent as possible, and Walker fits that.

Not taking anything away from Momo he may even force his way into the side, but we need to improve our depth.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:45 pm

No more plodders!
:sign:

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:51 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:35 pm
Nelson wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

how quickly we forget our best player last season -Thompson

Had hoped hayne would fill the fullback/wing/centre role but i think we can put that to bed now.
how quickly we forget that we have Thompson, our best player last year, he covers both FB and wing positions :sign:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:54 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:45 pm
Ok so im out.

All these rumours seem to be coming about because Michael Maguire has coached these players before.

Its all too easy and seems nothing more than journalists and wanna be journalists joining some crooked dots.

Yeah one of them may come true but they are linking us to every player on the market who has played under Maguire :brick:
Its an opinion!

Madge

Post by Madge » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:05 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:54 pm
WT2K wrote:
Ok so im out.

All these rumours seem to be coming about because Michael Maguire has coached these players before.

Its all too easy and seems nothing more than journalists and wanna be journalists joining some crooked dots.

Yeah one of them may come true but they are linking us to every player on the market who has played under Maguire :brick:
seems to be the case.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:06 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:54 pm
WT2K wrote:
Ok so im out.

Panthers' forum running with the rumour Merrin has gone to make way for a tilt at Cook. Probably a more likely club if he leaves Souths as both of the young hookers at the Panthers seem a little underwhelming.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:07 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:35 pm
Nelson wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

how quickly we forget our best player last season -Thompson

how quickly we forget that we have Thompson, our best player last year, he covers both FB and wing positions :sign:

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:14 pm

If Mbye plays fullback as I would expect I for one will be backing him for the DM award.
I backed Brooks last season at 100/1. Hoping to get 66+/1 on Mbye.
We will smash em 50+ get on.