Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Nelson

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Nelson » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 7:24 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 7:11 pm
Wasn't JWH linked with a exit from the Rooster? If he is still gettable i wouldn't seeing him in a Tigers Jersey.
No he has never been credibly linked with a move, someone on here just made it up.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:03 pm

Signing Dyaln Walker would make things interesting. One he gives a bit of class out wide. We desperately need class and try scoring ability. Two he pushes Fonua and Momorovski to back up roles and gives the squad a better looking balance and depth.

Ive come around to it, all for it.

Still only young and has his best in front of him.
Its an opinion!

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:56 pm

Walker In 2017 he averaged 110 metres, 11 tackles a game. Scored 12 tries and had 10 try assists.

Was injured and had family issues last year along with playing 5/8.

Has issues defensively but electric in attack.
We need speed and point scorers. Would compliment Marsters well.

When right he is damaging

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 6:57 am

Article in SMH suggests Storm are in a pickle with their cap, need to offload players to free up enough cap space for Cameron Smith. Players mentioned are Sam Kasiano, Patrick Kaufusi and Cheyse Blair with the Storm prepared to pay a portion of their freight. Personally I wouldn’t be interested in any of those players.

The Storm can only offload players that other clubs want and with most other clubs rosters almost complete and available funds tight the Storm will find themselves at the mercy of the few clubs that do have roster and cap space, so there could be some interesting developments as obviously player movements are required to accommodate Smith.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 7:13 am

The Bard wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 6:57 am
Article in SMH suggests Storm are in a pickle with their cap, need to offload players to free up enough cap space for Cameron Smith. Players mentioned are Sam Kasiano, Patrick Kaufusi and Cheyse Blair with the Storm prepared to pay a portion of their freight. Personally I wouldn’t be interested in any of those players.

The Storm can only offload players that other clubs want and with most other clubs rosters almost complete and available funds tight the Storm will find themselves at the mercy of the few clubs that do have roster and cap space, so there could be some interesting developments as obviously player movements are required to accommodate Smith.
Cheyse Blair would be an upgrade on the Tane Milne and Moses Suli spots on the roster.
Its an opinion!

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:25 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 7:13 am
The Bard wrote:

Cheyse Blair would be an upgrade on the Tane Milne and Moses Suli spots on the roster.
I had quick scan through the Storm roster, I would consider targeting Christian Welch if the Musgrove signing doesn’t happen. Welch has been solid, reliable and consistent bench middle forward. Plays hard with a bit aggression, current contract expires at the end of 2019, so he’d be thinking about his next contract.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:36 am

The Bard wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:25 am
The Patriot wrote:
The Bard wrote:

I had quick scan through the Storm roster, I would consider targeting Christian Welch if the Musgrove signing doesn’t happen. Welch has been solid, reliable and consistent bench middle forward. Plays hard with a bit aggression, current contract expires at the end of 2019, so he’d be thinking about his next contract.
Good player. Storm won’t lose anyone they want to keep they’ll send a few boats to players as a Christmas gift by secret Santa.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 9:14 am

The Bard wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
The Bard wrote:

Im a fan of Welch. Perfect Maguire recruit!

Id say Drinkwater and Hughes but we would be absolutely no chance.

Perhaps Billy Walters.
Its an opinion!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:19 am

The Bard wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
The Bard wrote:

I'd look at Finucane. He'd free up more cap space for them than Welch.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:33 am

The Bard wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
The Bard wrote:

Yea, I would look at raiding the Storm too.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/storm- ... 50goa.html

McGuire was once an assistant coach with Bellamy. I suspect he may know Fonua and Roccow from his time there.

I could definitely see us doing some raiding of the forwards, but also too maybe a swap on an outside back. Unsure if Curtis Scott or William Chambers could be poached. Kasiano is ofcourse the name everyone is talking about, and we could use his impact in the front (if he host his inconsistency that would be awesome). But many of their forwards would be welcome in our pack.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:40 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 5:27 pm
Newtown wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 5:23 pm
IC wouldn't dare
I guess if it is consistent with Maguire's plan who knows. He's demonstrated already he is prepared to move players along to sign others.
i hope i missed something, but who has he moved on, and who has he signed?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:55 am

colmcd wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:33 am
The Bard wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
The Bard wrote:

McGuire was once an assistant coach with Bellamy. I suspect he may know Fonua and Roccow from his time there.

I could definitely see us doing some raiding of the forwards, but also too maybe a swap on an outside back. Unsure if Curtis Scott or William Chambers could be poached. Kasiano is ofcourse the name everyone is talking about, and we could use his impact in the front (if he host his inconsistency that would be awesome). But many of their forwards would be welcome in our pack.
Yeah he had Rochow at Souths also

I couldn't see Finucane succeeding at the WT's , we have enough workaholics , we need impact in our pack

He'd only be slight upgrade on Eisenhuth and double the money

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:04 pm

Patrick Kafusi went well for Easts this year. He was aggressive and fit. If we don't get Musgrove he'd be a good replacement for bench prop.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:55 am
colmcd wrote:
The Bard wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

I couldn't see Finucane succeeding at the WT's , we have enough workaholics , we need impact in our pack

Disagree. Just because he has a high workrate doesn't mean he lacks impact. He hits hard in defence and is often the one digging into the line inside the 20 before Melbourne take it wide. He's miles ahead of Eisenhuth...

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:27 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:40 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 5:27 pm
Newtown wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 5:23 pm
IC wouldn't dare
I guess if it is consistent with Maguire's plan who knows. He's demonstrated already he is prepared to move players along to sign others.
i hope i missed something, but who has he moved on, and who has he signed?
ET and McQueen are believed to have been shopped, the frormer to thw Warriors and Newcastle.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 1:19 pm

I can’t see either of them going anywhere until 2019.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 2:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:
colmcd wrote:
The Bard wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

One of the funniest quotes this year. Finucanne a slight upgrade on Eiso. It’s like comparing a Bentley to a Great Wall.
He’s in the top 5 locks in the game Bellamy knows how good he is. Has big impact and works hard with no ego. Dogs letting him go for TREX is one of the worst all time recruitment decisions.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 3:50 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 2:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
colmcd wrote:
The Bard wrote:

One of the funniest quotes this year. Finucanne a slight upgrade on Eiso. It’s like comparing a Bentley to a Great Wall.
He’s in the top 5 locks in the game Bellamy knows how good he is. Has big impact and works hard with no ego. Dogs letting him go for TREX is one of the worst all time recruitment decisions.
Agree, one of the forgotten men who should have played origin by now....In my opinion.
Been in 4 grand finals in the 5 years......must have no impact on a game at all.