Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Balmain Boy

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 3:44 pm

Do people realise that for us to sign Cook we'd need to pay him 100-200k more than what Souths offer him? Players don't leave clubs competing for grand finals to go to teams that don't make the finals unless they're getting paid overs.

For a guy who's spent most of his career in reserve grade it seems excessive

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:13 pm

Would you offer Cam Smith a million if he agreed to stay on in an assistant coach role beyond 2019 .........

I say yes

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:14 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:25 pm
sideline eye wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:19 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 9:13 pm
Walker seems short...?
Oh no! Does that mean he won't be able to throw passes to tall players?
Mate. Don't be ridiculous.

The prototype centres/wingers these days are players such as Izzy Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Corey Oats.
Tall, athletic with a good vertical leap.

Our backline is one of if not the... shortest in the comp.

Thompson, Nofo, Mahe... as well as Kev.
These guys cannot compete with the Edrick Lee, Joey Manu and Maumalo's of the game.
Out contested every time.

Give me backline like;

1. RTS
2. Oates
3. Manu
4. Latrell
5. Maumalo

over midgets like Thompson, Mahe & Nofo any day.

Walker will be the best of our back 4 though, even though he's shorter than the tall boys mentioned.
Just kidding, mate. I was referring to a very weird debate on the forum some time ago when someone said that the players needed to be similar heights because the taller players found it hard to pass to shorter players and vice versa.

Post by 851 » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:31 pm

Valentine Holmes is going to the US to try his hand at NFL, Hayne plane style, Cowboys though they had him, hey Geo
Go hard or go home

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:42 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 3:50 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 2:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:55 am
colmcd wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:33 am

Yea, I would look at raiding the Storm too.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/storm- ... 50goa.html

McGuire was once an assistant coach with Bellamy. I suspect he may know Fonua and Roccow from his time there.

I could definitely see us doing some raiding of the forwards, but also too maybe a swap on an outside back. Unsure if Curtis Scott or William Chambers could be poached. Kasiano is ofcourse the name everyone is talking about, and we could use his impact in the front (if he host his inconsistency that would be awesome). But many of their forwards would be welcome in our pack.
Yeah he had Rochow at Souths also

I couldn't see Finucane succeeding at the WT's , we have enough workaholics , we need impact in our pack

He'd only be slight upgrade on Eisenhuth and double the money
One of the funniest quotes this year. Finucanne a slight upgrade on Eiso. It’s like comparing a Bentley to a Great Wall.
He’s in the top 5 locks in the game Bellamy knows how good he is. Has big impact and works hard with no ego. Dogs letting him go for TREX is one of the worst all time recruitment decisions.
Agree, one of the forgotten men who should have played origin by now....In my opinion.
Been in 4 grand finals in the 5 years......must have no impact on a game at all.
Finucane brings work rate and he doesn't seem a softie.

I think though we need impact and I suspect Kasiano may come cheaper and we might just lure him in (with plenty of doggies mates around).
Now we do need impact up front...

But we need more a culture of hard work and consistency. I expected us to struggle mid season a lot as other teams would work out our weaknesses, but we collapsed. We can't keep winning the hard games and loosing the easy ones.

I wonder if Finucane is the player who could bring that hard working culture in the same way Blair did not? Not sure if Melbourne would give up them both but they may to keep Smith. (BTW no we should not go for smith, anyone else but the WT. Cronk, YES smith NO).

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:44 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:31 pm
Valentine Holmes is going to the US to try his hand at NFL, Hayne plane style, Cowboys though they had him, hey Geo
We thought we had him , Barba , RTS , Darius , Alex Johnson ,Tedesco , Coote , Dugan and Moylan

Don't remember Slater ,Ponga or Michael Gordon's names mentioned but add them as well if they were

We got Sloslololololololhea and Mbye and Mbye has been good so far

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 2:46 pm
WT2K wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 2:45 pm
supercoach wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 12:14 pm
Can’t believe it, Madge has now been in the job for at least three hours and no marquee signing, no big presso. What’s going on....just not good enough
#MadgeOUT
get your torches and pitchforks ready and the bus fuelled

#convoy
Maguire told the press this morning that he would not in any way be changing his method of coaching, including team structure, from the way he coached South Sydney.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:14 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:14 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:25 pm
sideline eye wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:19 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 9:13 pm
Walker seems short...?
Oh no! Does that mean he won't be able to throw passes to tall players?
Mate. Don't be ridiculous.

The prototype centres/wingers these days are players such as Izzy Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Corey Oats.
Tall, athletic with a good vertical leap.

Our backline is one of if not the... shortest in the comp.

Thompson, Nofo, Mahe... as well as Kev.
These guys cannot compete with the Edrick Lee, Joey Manu and Maumalo's of the game.
Out contested every time.

Give me backline like;

1. RTS
2. Oates
3. Manu
4. Latrell
5. Maumalo

over midgets like Thompson, Mahe & Nofo any day.

Walker will be the best of our back 4 though, even though he's shorter than the tall boys mentioned.
Just kidding, mate. I was referring to a very weird debate on the forum some time ago when someone said that the players needed to be similar heights because the taller players found it hard to pass to shorter players and vice versa.
I got it. And had a chuckle.
"Quality Stupidity"

Post by 851 » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:16 pm

Hayne being charged with rape at Ryde police station right now, will almost certainly be remanded in custody, so gaol tonight for him, and no club will touch him now
Go hard or go home

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:18 pm

Newtown wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
WT2K wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Can’t believe it, Madge has now been in the job for at least three hours and no marquee signing, no big presso. What’s going on....just not good enough
#MadgeOUT

#convoy
Maguire told the press this morning that he would not in any way be changing his method of coaching, including team structure, from the way he coached South Sydney.
Not what I read brother.

Post by 851 » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:21 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:18 pm
Newtown wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
WT2K wrote:

#MadgeOUT

#convoy
Not what I read brother.
Me either Momo, in fact quite the opposite, he said "I coached Wigan different to souths, you coach to your teams strengths"
Go hard or go home

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:27 pm

Michael Maguire - Contributor
Don’t assume Wests Tigers are going to play a certain way next season.

Not even I know what style we’re going to use at this stage. It’s yet to be decided. That process will begin in earnest when I physically take charge of the team at training on Monday. We’ll work it all out over the pre-season.

I don’t come with a style and force it upon a team no matter what their playing roster looks like. I coached Wigan one way and South Sydney another way. This year I came at it from another angle with the New Zealand team.

I adapt to the people I’ve got within the team. The aim is to continually evolve as a group. If you can do that, the skills of the players improve and they develop into better players, which allows you to go further and further towards becoming a better team.

That’s the exciting part of coaching.

I’m looking forward to sitting down with each individual player of the Wests Tigers over the coming days and weeks.

We must be a strong defensive team. That needs to be instilled or you can’t hope to be successful.

In attack we’ve got a number of players with different skills and approaches. There’s Luke Brooks, who plays a straight and fast game, and Benji Marshall, who plays a bit sideways.

Josh Reynolds is a real competitor, Moses Mbye comes out of the back and chimes into the line in different ways and Robbie Farah has a variety of skills out of dummy half. Plus there are the guys who go through the middle.

I’m looking forward to getting a thorough understanding of each of those players and working the best of what they do into the game-plan we design.

Read more at https://www.playersvoice.com.au/michael ... v8V0jbw.99

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:31 pm

Newtown wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
WT2K wrote:
supercoach wrote:
#MadgeOUT

#convoy
Good news

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:32 pm

From smh article -
The Tigers have also set their sights on a centre and another aggressive forward.

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mellow ... ssion=true
No more plodders!
:sign:

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:43 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:16 pm
Hayne being charged with rape at Ryde police station right now, will almost certainly be remanded in custody, so gaol tonight for him, and no club will touch him now
I’d be surprised if he was refused bail. Not a flight risk and doesn’t seem like community protection would require him to be in custody.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:47 pm

Newtown wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
WT2K wrote:
supercoach wrote:
#MadgeOUT

#convoy
I think you will find he was referring to the Intensity in his Coaching he brought to Souff's not so much playing style which he has already stated will be different at Wests Tigers..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:55 pm

WT2K wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:32 pm
From smh article -
The Tigers have also set their sights on a centre and another aggressive forward.

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mellow ... ssion=true
Common sense prevails, sign of a coach that is able to focus on the blatantly obvious. If the smiling assassin was still in control we’d be using the final 2 positions to upgrade the cheer squad.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 6:11 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 4:31 pm
Yeah
The Dallas Cowboys