Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:11 am

TigersDenNZ wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:46 am
I cant see it happening but ive got a credible link to a senior member in the warriors squad, theres a yarn that they are chasing mitch pearce pretty hard

Make of it what you will
They have Shaun Johnson. Where would they play Pearce? Five eighth?


Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1645
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:25 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:11 am
TigersDenNZ wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:46 am
I cant see it happening but ive got a credible link to a senior member in the warriors squad, theres a yarn that they are chasing mitch pearce pretty hard

Make of it what you will
They have Shaun Johnson. Where would they play Pearce? Five eighth?
Jihnson plays better at 58 then at hb imo and my understanding is the Warriots think so too

TigersDenNZ
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat 15 Apr, 2017 8:28 pm
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by TigersDenNZ » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:30 am

On top of that its no secret hingano and lino are consideref "the best of a bad situation" as opposed to first grade halves so i wouldnt be surprised if they are actively chasing halves. Mind you blake green is supposedly a done deal so who knows

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:23 am

dazza65 wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:19 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 5:35 pm
Call me a cynic but does anyone believe the Cronk charade? I mean has this been an exercise in buying time for TPAs to be organised (independent of course of the "Sydney Club").
No not cynical at all. For what it’s worth I posted earlier in the thread that a deal has been in place secretly since earlier this year that IF Cronk decided to go around again it would be the rorters and only the rorters. So says a well connected eastern suburbs “board member” that I know.
I am surprised Cronk wants to continue playing after this year. It would be a bit of a shame to see his reputation diminished as a result of an unsuccessful stint at the Roosters. He won't have Bellamy, Smith, Slater or the good Storm pack behind him. Losing Pearce or Friend is a high price to pay for Cronk and I have heard the Eels are interested in Friend.

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:54 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:23 am
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:19 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 5:35 pm
Call me a cynic but does anyone believe the Cronk charade? I mean has this been an exercise in buying time for TPAs to be organised (independent of course of the "Sydney Club").
No not cynical at all. For what it’s worth I posted earlier in the thread that a deal has been in place secretly since earlier this year that IF Cronk decided to go around again it would be the rorters and only the rorters. So says a well connected eastern suburbs “board member” that I know.
I am surprised Cronk wants to continue playing after this year. It would be a bit of a shame to see his reputation diminished as a result of an unsuccessful stint at the Roosters. He won't have Bellamy, Smith, Slater or the good Storm pack behind him. Losing Pearce or Friend is a high price to pay for Cronk and I have heard the Eels are interested in Friend.
I'm surprised too. He has the best opportunity to go out on a high, as a one team player winning a Premiership in his final year, still healthy and achieving all there is to achieve in the game. He could probably earn just as much as a commentator on Fox or wherever I'm sure, so why risk any further damage to your body playing on for another two years? Especially with such a scuzzy team as Easts.

I've lost a lot of respect for him, tbh, refusing to join anyone but the millionaire club and strengthening an already strong team, who really don't need him. He's reportedly a guy who is supposed to like a challenge, but where's the challenge in that? Join a lesser talented team Cooper, and help them develop! Now that would be a real challenge, but obviously too hard for a fair weather player like Cronk.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18695
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:04 am

Qld will be rapt Cronk is playing on. Don't think they'd have fancied Thurston and Cronk going out both at the same time.

Rob1979
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:22 am
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Rob1979 » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:30 am

Tigers should really consider Friend if rumours are correct that he is on the way out.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by swag tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:02 pm

Rob1979 wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:30 am
Tigers should really consider Friend if rumours are correct that he is on the way out.
We have Liddle and Mcillwick. Why would we want friend?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18695
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:09 pm

Friend to Parra makes sense. He won't be coming here.

white
Member
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 2:00 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by white » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:10 pm

because one has shot knee and the other a dodgy shoulder.
Also heard rona may be back on radar as no rugby franchise will pay his asking price that he got in perth.
watch this space

Rob1979
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:22 am
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Rob1979 » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:17 pm

Liddle has potential but it is still a long way off - he gets flustered. Friend is a workhorse in defence and will direct our forward pack around much better than Matt. Matt does make some simple errors and gives away too many penalties. He is solid don't get me wrong but not the same calibre as Friend in my opinion.

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Donald Trump » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:39 pm

Friend would be a great addition. We wouldn’t need to pay full freight either.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6738
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:45 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:02 pm
Rob1979 wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:30 am
Tigers should really consider Friend if rumours are correct that he is on the way out.
We have Liddle and Mcillwick. Why would we want friend?
McIlwrick isn't a long term solution.
And Liddle still isn't up to playing 80mins, he's also still unproven.

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2112
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:13 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:54 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:23 am
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:19 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 5:35 pm
Call me a cynic but does anyone believe the Cronk charade? I mean has this been an exercise in buying time for TPAs to be organised (independent of course of the "Sydney Club").
No not cynical at all. For what it’s worth I posted earlier in the thread that a deal has been in place secretly since earlier this year that IF Cronk decided to go around again it would be the rorters and only the rorters. So says a well connected eastern suburbs “board member” that I know.
I am surprised Cronk wants to continue playing after this year. It would be a bit of a shame to see his reputation diminished as a result of an unsuccessful stint at the Roosters. He won't have Bellamy, Smith, Slater or the good Storm pack behind him. Losing Pearce or Friend is a high price to pay for Cronk and I have heard the Eels are interested in Friend.
I'm surprised too. He has the best opportunity to go out on a high, as a one team player winning a Premiership in his final year, still healthy and achieving all there is to achieve in the game. He could probably earn just as much as a commentator on Fox or wherever I'm sure, so why risk any further damage to your body playing on for another two years? Especially with such a scuzzy team as Easts.

I've lost a lot of respect for him, tbh, refusing to join anyone but the millionaire club and strengthening an already strong team, who really don't need him. He's reportedly a guy who is supposed to like a challenge, but where's the challenge in that? Join a lesser talented team Cooper, and help them develop! Now that would be a real challenge, but obviously too hard for a fair weather player like Cronk.
really, ur surprised he is going to the rooters, REMEMBER THIS IS ONE OF THE BLOKES FROM THE STORM, that signed TWO contracts and then denied he knew nothing about it. the whole thing about it is the rooters will get away with it without shedding any players, and the NRL will say NOTHING.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18695
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:21 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:13 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:54 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:23 am
dazza65 wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:19 pm


No not cynical at all. For what it’s worth I posted earlier in the thread that a deal has been in place secretly since earlier this year that IF Cronk decided to go around again it would be the rorters and only the rorters. So says a well connected eastern suburbs “board member” that I know.
I am surprised Cronk wants to continue playing after this year. It would be a bit of a shame to see his reputation diminished as a result of an unsuccessful stint at the Roosters. He won't have Bellamy, Smith, Slater or the good Storm pack behind him. Losing Pearce or Friend is a high price to pay for Cronk and I have heard the Eels are interested in Friend.
I'm surprised too. He has the best opportunity to go out on a high, as a one team player winning a Premiership in his final year, still healthy and achieving all there is to achieve in the game. He could probably earn just as much as a commentator on Fox or wherever I'm sure, so why risk any further damage to your body playing on for another two years? Especially with such a scuzzy team as Easts.

I've lost a lot of respect for him, tbh, refusing to join anyone but the millionaire club and strengthening an already strong team, who really don't need him. He's reportedly a guy who is supposed to like a challenge, but where's the challenge in that? Join a lesser talented team Cooper, and help them develop! Now that would be a real challenge, but obviously too hard for a fair weather player like Cronk.
really, ur surprised he is going to the rooters, REMEMBER THIS IS ONE OF THE BLOKES FROM THE STORM, that signed TWO contracts and then denied he knew nothing about it. the whole thing about it is the rooters will get away with it without shedding any players, and the NRL will say NOTHING.
Except they will shed players. Have you not read the last couple pages of speculation about Friend, even Pearce.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 1853
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:36 pm

Still waiting for the Bulldogs big fire sale! Wouldnt surprise me at all for the Roosters to miraculously find a a way to keep them all.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18695
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:47 pm

Telltails wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:36 pm
Still waiting for the Bulldogs big fire sale! Wouldnt surprise me at all for the Roosters to miraculously find a a way to keep them all.
This fire sale we've been talking about since April has been a mirage.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24971
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 336 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 1:54 pm

They got rid of Brad Abbey so they are sweet...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”