Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Unread post by tigerap » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:56 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:21 am

It means he could lose $200,000 on the contract and it puts the entire move in jeopardy.

“James Maloney actually got himself in trouble there ... he came out the other day and said he’s waiting on the club to organise a third-party deal to come through,” Kent said.

“It can’t be club-driven, it has to be player driven.

“Unfortunately he’s let the cat out of the bag so the NRL is now looking at it.
Nothing will come of this....This is why we don't have a level playing field with the Salary Cap...Is the Cap still needed with the new CBA?...I think not the players are well rewarded now...so scrap the cap..

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 11:58 am

tigerap wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:56 am
TigerTiger wrote:

It means he could lose $200,000 on the contract and it puts the entire move in jeopardy.

“James Maloney actually got himself in trouble there ... he came out the other day and said he’s waiting on the club to organise a third-party deal to come through,” Kent said.

Nothing will come of this....This is why we don't have a level playing field with the Salary Cap...Is the Cap still needed with the new CBA?...I think not the players are well rewarded now...so scrap the cap..
Something has to come of it. The rules are clear. Panthers are in breach, the player admitted as much publicly.

Sure everyone does it, but they don't talk about it. If the TPA is genuinely external we could sign Maloney for 600k then as the TPA would go with him wherever he signs.

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 72 times

Unread post by tigerap » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 1:12 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 11:58 am
tigerap wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:

Something has to come of it. The rules are clear. Panthers are in breach, the player admitted as much publicly.

Sure everyone does it, but they don't talk about it. If the TPA is genuinely external we could sign Maloney for 600k then as the TPA would go with him wherever he signs.

you are 100% right...but I'm also a realist about how the NRL operate.

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 4:04 pm

tigerap wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 1:12 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 11:58 am
tigerap wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:

you are 100% right...but I'm also a realist about how the NRL operate.
We all know that the NRL are clueless about policing the cap. Every time a club is caught cheating it is because someone in the know slips up or spills the beans.

Tell me again how many they have caught by their own investigations?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

TigerSkins
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by TigerSkins » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm pretty sure that Maloney and Panthers will release a statement saying something like .. 'James was excited about coming to the Panthers and got his words mixed up in the interview .. what he really meant to say was .. blah blah" Anyways Im sure you all get the picture, and NRL will say the matter is now closed, nothing here to see .. !!

(shakes head in disbelief about how all these teams rort the system..!!)

colmcd
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 5:28 pm

TYGA wrote:
Mon 20 Nov, 2017 10:07 pm
I’d keep my powder dry sign RTS for 2019 and Cleary for 2020.
Exactly.

We get a good team base together. Great guys, who can play well for OK money.

We cull the weaker players. We then hunt the strongest.

Fullback is one of our greatest weaknesses at the moment. I like Lolohea, but other then him I think were weak there. I can see us getting a great FB, Marshall retiring and Lolohea moving to that off the bench spot. RTS would do nicely.

Likewise Halfback, Brooks will probably fail. He will probably get replaced by Marshall week 6.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 5:54 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 5:28 pm
TYGA wrote:
Exactly.

Fullback is one of our greatest weaknesses at the moment. I like Lolohea, but other then him I think were weak there. I can see us getting a great FB, Marshall retiring and Lolohea moving to that off the bench spot. RTS would do nicely.

Likewise Halfback, Brooks will probably fail. He will probably get replaced by Marshall week 6.
I like this plan.
I think we have recruited ok, let's see how they go and then start replacing the weak links with higher quality players.

Disagree about Brooks, in that he shows enough for me to be worth persevering with unless a premium option pops up. Nonetheless, if Cleary thinks Benji is a better option then I'd be happy to go with the coach.

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 6:25 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 5:54 pm
colmcd wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Exactly.

I like this plan.
I think we have recruited ok, let's see how they go and then start replacing the weak links with higher quality players.

Disagree about Brooks, in that he shows enough for me to be worth persevering with unless a premium option pops up. Nonetheless, if Cleary thinks Benji is a better option then I'd be happy to go with the coach.
I think our team for next year looks a lot like Parra's team from this year. I think we'll surprise a lot of people.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

TigersBusDriver
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 7:47 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 6:25 pm
old man tiger wrote:
colmcd wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Exactly.

I like this plan.

I think our team for next year looks a lot like Parra's team from this year. I think we'll surprise a lot of people.
Yeah, I can see that. Except for the fact we don't have Radradra, French, Gutherson, Brown or Norman.

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 7:57 pm

colmcd wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Exactly.

Brooks won’t be under pressure from Marshall. I love Benji, but a halfback he ain’t. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Reynolds & Brooks untried. I honestly think Benji and Brooks could bring the best out of each other

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 8:14 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 7:47 pm
Tacky wrote:
old man tiger wrote:
colmcd wrote:

Exactly.

I like this plan.

Yeah, I can see that. Except for the fact we don't have Radradra, French, Gutherson, Brown or Norman.
But they don't have Nofoaluma, Lolohea, Suli, Milne, Matulino, Packer, ET or Reynolds

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 127 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 8:19 pm

colmcd wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Exactly.

Nobody knows - but I think you are incorrect with your feelings on Lolohea. I think he will be a great full back (his preferred position). He thinks about the game and usually takes the right option i.e. short kick, chip kick, short / long pass or run to the line - he can do all these things (Teddy could not, because he wanted to score the try, he wanted to be the star). Tui is no worse a defender than Teddy, in fact at full back he is a much better defender than he is at 5/8. On the form shown this year, I think we are in a stronger position at full back than 2017. Don't get the negativity on this guy, I think he has the x factor.

As for Brooks - people on here seem to be wishing that he fails. For those people that think this way, I feel you will be disappointed. There won't be any need for him to be replaced in week 6 or any other week unless he is injured of course.

wt01
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by wt01 » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 9:23 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 8:19 pm
colmcd wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Exactly.

Nobody knows - but I think you are incorrect with your feelings on Lolohea. I think he will be a great full back (his preferred position). He thinks about the game and usually takes the right option i.e. short kick, chip kick, short / long pass or run to the line - he can do all these things (Teddy could not, because he wanted to score the try, he wanted to be the star). Tui is no worse a defender than Teddy, in fact at full back he is a much better defender than he is at 5/8. On the form shown this year, I think we are in a stronger position at full back than 2017. Don't get the negativity on this guy, I think he has the x factor.

As for Brooks - people on here seem to be wishing that he fails. For those people that think this way, I feel you will be disappointed. There won't be any need for him to be replaced in week 6 or any other week unless he is injured of course.
Russel, i agree with absolutely everything u have jst said!

TigersBusDriver
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 9:26 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 8:14 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 7:47 pm
Tacky wrote:
old man tiger wrote:

I like this plan.

But they don't have Nofoaluma, Lolohea, Suli, Milne, Matulino, Packer, ET or Reynolds
I know which set of players I would pick if given the chance.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 9:44 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:35 am
TigerTiger wrote:
Why not have a sneaky crack at Maloney? Could be absolute gold for Wests Tigers. Could possibly then offload Brooksy to Knights, they'd take anyone.

From Fox Sports, https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... eccda845a2

MALONEY DEAL HITS A SPEEEDBUMP

The James Maloney deal at Penrith has been stalled in bizarre fashion.

Paul Kent revealed on NRL 360 the NRL is now scrutinising a third-party deal which is part of the contract, after Maloney accidentally let slip to media the nature of the sponsorship.

“Unforunately he’s let the cat out of the bag so the NRL is now looking at it.

“It’s a $200,000 Keno sponsorship, and I daresay the NRL is about to knock it back.

“That would make it very interesting to see what happens there.”
Pity he wasn't transferring to the Roosters. It may have forced the NRL's hand (and policy of hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil) and they would have had to investigate the chooks instead.

If he was transferring to the Roosters, this wouldn't even be happening.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 9:48 pm

We should approach Cordner for a 4 year deal.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:12 pm

Russell wrote:
I was happy we gave Brooks a fair chance with additional contract. Without Moses he really had a chance to take the reins. An opportunity he squandered.

I want him to succeed. I think we all do, desperately, - it would mean that we finally have a halves general.
But lots of us fear he won't, and that is based on watching him stutter for the best part of 4 years.

It is such a shame that he barely improved over the years.

I want a winning team and so IMO, with that in mind and putting the romance aside, he needed to be replaced already.

We need to wake up and smell the average halfback.
We need to realise sunk costs and move on.

Having said all that, I pray he has a career season and makes me eat my words.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 6:05 am

bigsiro wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:12 pm
Russell wrote:
I was happy we gave Brooks a fair chance with additional contract. Without Moses he really had a chance to take the reins. An opportunity he squandered.

I want him to succeed. I think we all do, desperately, - it would mean that we finally have a halves general.
But lots of us fear he won't, and that is based on watching him stutter for the best part of 4 years.

It is such a shame that he barely improved over the years.

I want a winning team and so IMO, with that in mind and putting the romance aside, he needed to be replaced already.

We need to wake up and smell the average halfback.
We need to realise sunk costs and move on.

Having said all that, I pray he has a career season and makes me eat my words.
Sorry but I can't agree. I can't wait to watch him play next year. He looks fitter, has a good coach and a new pack to play behind.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”