Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by oldprop » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:46 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:50 am
Teo is a good player but a poor human being.No way would i want him here
I saw him display a lack of commitment on the field. Not the sort of player we should go near.
Need more props.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:56 am

Each to their own, but even mentioning Teo when you are trying to build a team culture, pffft.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:48 am

It offends me even mentioning his name.

Let him go and suck eggs.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:16 am

oldprop wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:46 am
jadtiger wrote:
I saw him display a lack of commitment on the field. Not the sort of player we should go near.
I won't ever forget the day we got belted by Parra @ Homebush, significant injuries in the front row meaning we had to shift Danny Galea up front; he went down with an Achilles mid-match.

Te'o absolutely went missing, wouldn't step up to do the dirty work we needed in the forwards and we lost by 50+. I was sitting behind Dawn Fraser, she couldn't even watch to the end, she went back into the members in disgust.

I can cop a bloke with no talent if he tries his guts out, but I can't cop a guy with loads of talent who picks and chooses when he contributes. Ben Te'o is a master of the blindsided big hit, or riding with the team down-field and putting his hand up when he wants to score a try on the back of other people's hard work.

Te'o is the kind of bloke you can afford to have when your roster isn't injured and you have an existing good platform in the forwards. Then he's great, when all you need from him are the power-over tries.

But he stitched us up after a single contract, did the same to the Broncos and Bunnies and now rugby all around the place... the guy follows the coin, fine let him do it, but it garners no respect from me.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:36 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:16 am
oldprop wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
I won't ever forget the day we got belted by Parra @ Homebush, significant injuries in the front row meaning we had to shift Danny Galea up front; he went down with an Achilles mid-match.

Te'o absolutely went missing, wouldn't step up to do the dirty work we needed in the forwards and we lost by 50+. I was sitting behind Dawn Fraser, she couldn't even watch to the end, she went back into the members in disgust.

I can cop a bloke with no talent if he tries his guts out, but I can't cop a guy with loads of talent who picks and chooses when he contributes. Ben Te'o is a master of the blindsided big hit, or riding with the team down-field and putting his hand up when he wants to score a try on the back of other people's hard work.

Te'o is the kind of bloke you can afford to have when your roster isn't injured and you have an existing good platform in the forwards. Then he's great, when all you need from him are the power-over tries.

But he stitched us up after a single contract, did the same to the Broncos and Bunnies and now rugby all around the place... the guy follows the coin, fine let him do it, but it garners no respect from me.
Good post jirskyr - the Teo fans should take note.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:46 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:36 am
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:16 am
oldprop wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

Good post jirskyr - the Teo fans should take note.
Agree with everything said about Teo.

Can't stand him.

But in saying that year's ago it was a different story.

At a members day at Concord some of the player's were playing touch footy with the kids and i was trying to talk my 2 boys into going out and playing but they wouldn't.

Than Teo walks over and we had a bit of a chat and he talked my boys into going out there with him to join in the game.

I thought he was a legend that day and a real club man but we know how that turned out.

Like the 3 that left last year i hope we don't see him anywhere near our club again.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:11 am

smoking gun wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 3:42 pm
The responses since I last visited are hilarious. No conspiracy theories from within the club I no longer work at the club but still have contacts there. Barba signing still in the works. Roosters rejected several attempts at Mitchell being signed by Cleary last year.

Gave this forum packer matualino Milne fonua and Thompson well before they broke. Yet questioning my reputation or strike rate lol. Ok.

As for the tanking/match fixing allegations I posted the text messages. Moderators deleted them. Ask willow.

Thanks
Why dont you still work at the Club?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:48 am

Surely the trial on the weekend confirmed we don't need any more props for this season?! Our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th choice props dominated the Cowboys pack. If our backups can do that well, our top 4 props should be able to kill it too.

The one player we need is an impact forward - preferably a
backrower but a prop could work too. One that can get up a head of steam and burst through the line and make a break/half break, and get away the odd offload to put the support player away. We have workhorses. Sue is our only impact forward and he has questionable ball handling, marker defence and gives away silly penalties. No-ones perfect but we could do better. Don't think he's on big coin though so a decent all around value for the team at the moment.
Maybe Mikaele can be this player, looked solid and scored a try on Saturday. Kikau would be good but not sure he'll leave Penrith

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:53 am

I dunno Heighington giving Teo a spray for stepping out of the way of a TRY will long live in my memory..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:56 am

Is Mikaele on a development contract therefore unable to play first grade this year?

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:19 am

iofthetigers wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:56 am
Is Mikaele on a development contract therefore unable to play first grade this year?
Unless they upgrade - that is correct.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:30 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:53 am
I dunno Heighington giving Teo a spray for stepping out of the way of a TRY will long live in my memory..
Yep mine too. I can still recall yelling at Teo at the time of the actual incident. Did he get hooked after that?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:36 am

Teo has nothing on.moses or moltzen

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 12:03 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:48 am
backrower but a prop could work too. One that can get up a head of steam and burst through the line and make a break/half break, and get away the odd offload to put the support player away. We have workhorses. Sue is our only impact forward and he has questionable ball handling, marker defence and gives away silly penalties. No-ones perfect but we could do better. Don't think he's on big coin though so a decent all around value for the team at the moment.
Maybe Mikaele can be this player, looked solid and scored a try on Saturday. Kikau would be good but not sure he'll leave Penrith
Agreed. Souths basically won a premiership off the back of the Burgess brothers. At least we have a more dominant pack that other teams will fear now.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:15 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 12:03 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Agreed. Souths basically won a premiership off the back of the Burgess brothers. At least we have a more dominant pack that other teams will fear now.
Josh Aloia

Look no further he is the one.
Its an opinion!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:21 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:15 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
Josh Aloia

JJF as well.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:33 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:15 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
Josh Aloia

Exactly what I was going to say. That player is Aloiai and he was signed to be this type of impact player. He's only young and still developing... he has the capacity to be a real impact player and has shown it in glimpses. Personally I think he needs to run harder and pick his lines better, but he's only 22 and still maturing. I thought he was fairly impressive in the trial, question mark still overwhether or not he can keep developing his football brain and maintain his intensity over 80 mins (not necessarily on the field for 80, rather not fade in and out of games).

Put it another way - Chris Lawrence always had the football brain, he picked great lines and used to have the acceleration to be very powerful. His impact quality has gone, so he's left with his work ethic and football smarts. Aloiai already has the physical capacity, he just needs the timing.

I agree Sue is not that proper impact player, he's better being closer to the middle to try and soften the opposition up. He's good for a hitup and can really bruise the opposition in defence, but he's played 5 seasons now and I just don't see him being dynamic enough in attack. His hands are too hard and he doesn't pick great lines, nor is he mobile enough to change direction quickly depending on how the play is unfolding. He's not a bad footballer and can make good contributions; I think he's better used in tight to try and hurt the opposition props, and make them work hard in defence. He's strong in contact and hard to handle 1-1. I think of plays like running 1-pass off Woods or that hitup he took against Manly last year when he bounced off Marty Taupau to score.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:45 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:53 am
Indeed, never seen Heighno so angry!