Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

The Patriot

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by The Patriot » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 2:01 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:33 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:15 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 12:03 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:48 am
The one player we need is an impact forward - preferably a
backrower but a prop could work too. One that can get up a head of steam and burst through the line and make a break/half break, and get away the odd offload to put the support player away. We have workhorses. Sue is our only impact forward and he has questionable ball handling, marker defence and gives away silly penalties. No-ones perfect but we could do better. Don't think he's on big coin though so a decent all around value for the team at the moment.
Maybe Mikaele can be this player, looked solid and scored a try on Saturday. Kikau would be good but not sure he'll leave Penrith
Agreed. Souths basically won a premiership off the back of the Burgess brothers. At least we have a more dominant pack that other teams will fear now.
Josh Aloia

Look no further he is the one.
Exactly what I was going to say. That player is Aloiai and he was signed to be this type of impact player. He's only young and still developing... he has the capacity to be a real impact player and has shown it in glimpses. Personally I think he needs to run harder and pick his lines better, but he's only 22 and still maturing. I thought he was fairly impressive in the trial, question mark still overwhether or not he can keep developing his football brain and maintain his intensity over 80 mins (not necessarily on the field for 80, rather not fade in and out of games).

Put it another way - Chris Lawrence always had the football brain, he picked great lines and used to have the acceleration to be very powerful. His impact quality has gone, so he's left with his work ethic and football smarts. Aloiai already has the physical capacity, he just needs the timing.

I agree Sue is not that proper impact player, he's better being closer to the middle to try and soften the opposition up. He's good for a hitup and can really bruise the opposition in defence, but he's played 5 seasons now and I just don't see him being dynamic enough in attack. His hands are too hard and he doesn't pick great lines, nor is he mobile enough to change direction quickly depending on how the play is unfolding. He's not a bad footballer and can make good contributions; I think he's better used in tight to try and hurt the opposition props, and make them work hard in defence. He's strong in contact and hard to handle 1-1. I think of plays like running 1-pass off Woods or that hitup he took against Manly last year when he bounced off Marty Taupau to score.
Yeah spot on.

Lets hope we see that improvement in him. The trial looked very promising as far as those improvements.

Thomas Mikaele looked very good as well. He looked likely to break the line on every play. Interesting to see if they upgrade his contract. he didnt look out of place at all.

He could easily jump Sue, Grant and Rochow etc
Its an opinion!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 2:40 pm

Thomas Mikaele looked threatening , has a good step for a big guy. still young. could make the jump later in the season.
in Ivan we distrust

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:00 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:48 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 1:21 pm
The Patriot wrote:
upthetigers wrote:

Agreed. Souths basically won a premiership off the back of the Burgess brothers. At least we have a more dominant pack that other teams will fear now.
Josh Aloia

JJF as well.
Yep and Twal also. I think any of those 3 can provide great impact when we need it.
Twal is a lot of things, but one thing he isn't is an impact player.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:41 pm

Packer, Aloiai, Felise and Sue. We have enough impact forwards. What we really need is a backup Fullback.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Post by 851 » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:53 am
I dunno Heighington giving Teo a spray for stepping out of the way of a TRY will long live in my memory..
So will Corey Payne belting him at training for not putting in during games, loved Corey Payne for that.
Go hard or go home

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:23 pm

Tacky wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:41 pm
Packer, Aloiai, Felise and Sue. We have enough impact forwards. What we really need is a backup Fullback.
Kev , Gamble , Thompson are back ups for the fullback position.
in Ivan we distrust

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:24 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
upthetigers wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:48 am
The one player we need is an impact forward - preferably a
backrower but a prop could work too. One that can get up a head of steam and burst through the line and make a break/half break, and get away the odd offload to put the support player away. We have workhorses. Sue is our only impact forward and he has questionable ball handling, marker defence and gives away silly penalties. No-ones perfect but we could do better. Don't think he's on big coin though so a decent all around value for the team at the moment.
Maybe Mikaele can be this player, looked solid and scored a try on Saturday. Kikau would be good but not sure he'll leave Penrith
Josh Aloia

JJF as well.
I'd add Mikaele to that list as well. He was running over the top of people with good leg drive. I think our pack may improve significantly this year after losing Woods.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:28 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:23 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:41 pm
Kev , Gamble , Thompson are back ups for the fullback position.
Exactly
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:31 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:00 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Josh Aloia

JJF as well.
Yep and Twal also. I think any of those 3 can provide great impact when we need it.

Why not? He was great coming off the bench for us towards the end of last year.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:31 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

JJF as well.

For one, just because you come off the bench does not mean you provide impact.
Twal is a young Tolman, nothing more, nothing less, doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with that if used within a certain dynamic.

With all respect to everyone’s suggestions our young guys are handy and can provide impact however I’m pretty sure B.B. was implying someone experienced.
Josh Papali fits the bill for mine.
Good feet, solid as a rock and runs all day, another one could be RFM but his on the less experienced side. John Asiata would be another excellent option. Sam McKendry could be interested in greener pastures, maybe a swap for Grant?
There’s a couple out there that are an upgrade on Sue. But I will clarify the upgrade they have is the consistency, Sue can be excellent it’s just not often enough.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:52 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:38 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:53 am
I dunno Heighington giving Teo a spray for stepping out of the way of a TRY will long live in my memory..
So will Corey Payne belting him at training for not putting in during games, loved Corey Payne for that.
Especially when Hayne head butted Corey, and copped a few good hits for his trouble.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:53 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

Twal is a young Tolman, nothing more, nothing less, doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with that if used within a certain dynamic.

With all respect to everyone’s suggestions our young guys are handy and can provide impact however I’m pretty sure B.B. was implying someone experienced.
Good feet, solid as a rock and runs all day, another one could be RFM but his on the less experienced side. John Asiata would be another excellent option. Sam McKendry could be interested in greener pastures, maybe a swap for Grant?
There’s a couple out there that are an upgrade on Sue. But I will clarify the upgrade they have is the consistency, Sue can be excellent it’s just not often enough.
In terms of an impact forward - Taukeiaho & Kikau

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:26 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:53 pm
Needaname wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

In terms of an impact forward - Taukeiaho & Kikau
Kikau for sure..

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:47 pm

Good chance for Taukiouo now that Boyd Cordner has just resigned with the roosters for 5 more years!

will1999

Post by will1999 » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:49 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:47 pm
Good chance for Taukiouo now that Boyd Cordner has just resigned with the roosters for 5 more years!
they can still sign him with the amount of money they have

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:51 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:47 pm
Taukeiaho would be a solid signing if we could somehow pull it off.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:06 pm

I agree, sorry to get your hopes up.
Good chance didn’t literally mean we are a good chance, just that the roosters Will have some competition.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:15 pm

Who we signing this week..?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen