Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 23 Feb, 2018 10:45 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 9:58 pm
We should sign Billy Walters to play in the halves with Gamble ..just ran through Thursto to seal Cammy's win..
Speak to soon Geo ?


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4314
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 23 Feb, 2018 10:56 pm

Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 9:36 pm
Wouldn’t mind looking at Jackson Hastings if Manly are willing to let him go
Long as it's only you looking Milky and not the Tigers.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 7:22 am

Tacky wrote:
Thu 22 Feb, 2018 10:20 pm
So if Brooks bombs this season and Cleary jr decides to stay at the Panthers, who do we sign?

I think we should be looking at some of the young, up and coming talent. There aren't many established halfbacks that I'd want.

Maybe, Kyle Flanagan? Or, would we just let Gamble have first shot?
Alot will depend on who the Tigers have a as a Coach as to which Halfback will come over...

Tyson Gamble isnt a 7, so depending on what style a coach wants to play, we may need to go to market?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 8:07 am

Albert Kelly!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20984
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:27 am

If we don’t sign him, we’ll re-sign Brooks. Won’t that please a few.


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3792
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:35 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 9:58 pm
We should sign Billy Walters to play in the halves with Gamble ..just ran through Thursto to seal Cammy's win..
That's it. I'm dropping JT from my SuperCoach team.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:13 am

Thurston has always been a speed hump.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3792
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:22 am

if both JT and Cam Smith were 18 year old rookies and you were able to just sign one of them for the next decade at the Tigers ...
Who would you pick?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27774
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:26 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:27 am
If we don’t sign him, we’ll re-sign Brooks. Won’t that please a few.
I wont be upset if we don't sign Albert Kelly...

@Tigerdon...Cammy for me..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20984
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:57 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
if both JT and Cam Smith were 18 year old rookies and you were able to just sign one of them for the next decade at the Tigers ...
Who would you pick?
Smith. Every day of the week.

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:14 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:57 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
if both JT and Cam Smith were 18 year old rookies and you were able to just sign one of them for the next decade at the Tigers ...
Who would you pick?
Smith. Every day of the week.
Smith...
Who is the worst signing we have ever had?
i would say the Micheal Buettner signing would be up there.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20984
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:19 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:14 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:57 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
if both JT and Cam Smith were 18 year old rookies and you were able to just sign one of them for the next decade at the Tigers ...
Who would you pick?
Smith. Every day of the week.
Smith...
Who is the worst signing we have ever had?
i would say the Micheal Buettner signing would be up there.
Idk, Buttner was alright. I personally think of guys like Nick Graham and Sam Harris. Jason Cayless would have been a great signing 3 or 4 years earlier, but he was broken down by the time we got him. One guy that’s gets treated unfairly imo is Ryan O’Hara. Towards the end of his time here, he was really good imo.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:26 pm

I think there is a difference between the worst signing (where you ask why them) and the most disappointing (where you get your hopes up & they are terrible).

Best crossover between the groups was Anasta.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:26 pm
I think there is a difference between the worst signing (where you ask why them) and the most disappointing (where you get your hopes up & they are terrible).

Best crossover between the groups was Anasta.
Anasta was having 0 runs for 0 metres games and averaging 0 beads of sweat per game at the Roosters before we signed him . He gave nobody any reason to get their hopes up.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2752
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 1:12 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:26 pm
I think there is a difference between the worst signing (where you ask why them) and the most disappointing (where you get your hopes up & they are terrible).

Best crossover between the groups was Anasta.
Anasta was having 0 runs for 0 metres games and averaging 0 beads of sweat per game at the Roosters before we signed him . He gave nobody any reason to get their hopes up.
Anasta was a parting "gift" from sheens

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by FreddyK » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 1:24 pm

Anasta ...... thanks guys I thought that any mention of him would be sealed by the abyss of time. My day has just been ruined thinking of him. A primordial creature who came on board to chew the last remaining fat off the West Tiger carcass.

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood

Post by oldprop » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 1:47 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 1:24 pm
Anasta ...... thanks guys I thought that any mention of him would be sealed by the abyss of time. My day has just been ruined thinking of him. A primordial creature who came on board to chew the last remaining fat off the West Tiger carcass.
Yep, and he’s still complaining about us.
Need more props.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 2:10 pm

Yes, Waste Anasta and Teddy Blair, both worth their weight in manure.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Post Reply