Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29179
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Geo. » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:57 pm

Balin's 2min 48 seconds on the field produced more than all of Bwaith's games put together..

We've had many many stinkers tho...Cayless boil on the nut deserves special mention too
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3234
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:59 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:23 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 4:39 pm
Anasta was the barometer for a dysfunctioning club. The problems he had with us were the problems we needed to fix. Unfortunately he was a washed up player by then so it looks like he didn't put in
We still owed him money for three years after he left us that's why he said and did what he did, I think he was a rubbish player most of his career but if my employer owed me money i don't think i would be out singing his praises.
Id do the same thing and demand what was in the contract to be honoured.
Be hard for him to say good things when he left the way he did.
He was owed a TPA and given we seem to be a club that actually does them legitimately, it was at arms length from the club. No doubt he was accustomed to TPA's being dealt with differently at the Roosters. The club did not owe him anything. This was nothing to bag the club about and not something that made us "unprofessional". What is "unprofessional" is a commentator letting his petty, bitter grievances influence everything he says about a club. It's not hard to objectively commentate on the game when you're being paid to do it.

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1553
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:29 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:57 pm
Balin's 2min 48 seconds on the field produced more than all of Bwaith's games put together..

We've had many many stinkers tho...Cayless boil on the nut deserves special mention too
Of the so many many characters that have been part of Wests Tigers, remember Jackson Kaufusi aka Makasini Richter aka Lapina Kaufusi who will always be the player who told the trainer (during a game at Leichhardt Oval): "I've got a headache!!"

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:58 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:59 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:23 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 4:39 pm
Anasta was the barometer for a dysfunctioning club. The problems he had with us were the problems we needed to fix. Unfortunately he was a washed up player by then so it looks like he didn't put in
We still owed him money for three years after he left us that's why he said and did what he did, I think he was a rubbish player most of his career but if my employer owed me money i don't think i would be out singing his praises.
Id do the same thing and demand what was in the contract to be honoured.
Be hard for him to say good things when he left the way he did.
He was owed a TPA and given we seem to be a club that actually does them legitimately, it was at arms length from the club. No doubt he was accustomed to TPA's being dealt with differently at the Roosters. The club did not owe him anything. This was nothing to bag the club about and not something that made us "unprofessional". What is "unprofessional" is a commentator letting his petty, bitter grievances influence everything he says about a club. It's not hard to objectively commentate on the game when you're being paid to do it.
Yeah it was third party payment that the club set up and didn't deliver.
Whatever is stipulated in a contract from club to player needs to be provided from CLUB to PLAYER.
I didn't like the fact he gassed his mouth off about us either, I love our club to pieces but our club hasn't been the angel you think has been.
There was more than one player that had not received TPAs who departed our side at the end of that year.
And words spread in the footy circles that if a a club doesn't look after players by delivering on any part of a contract including the TPA's which we didn't than its going to be hard to land quality players which we really haven't since.
Last edited by Balmainian on Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:04 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:58 pm
Nelson wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:59 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:23 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 4:39 pm
Anasta was the barometer for a dysfunctioning club. The problems he had with us were the problems we needed to fix. Unfortunately he was a washed up player by then so it looks like he didn't put in
We still owed him money for three years after he left us that's why he said and did what he did, I think he was a rubbish player most of his career but if my employer owed me money i don't think i would be out singing his praises.
Id do the same thing and demand what was in the contract to be honoured.
Be hard for him to say good things when he left the way he did.
He was owed a TPA and given we seem to be a club that actually does them legitimately, it was at arms length from the club. No doubt he was accustomed to TPA's being dealt with differently at the Roosters. The club did not owe him anything. This was nothing to bag the club about and not something that made us "unprofessional". What is "unprofessional" is a commentator letting his petty, bitter grievances influence everything he says about a club. It's not hard to objectively commentate on the game when you're being paid to do it.
Yeah it was third party payment that the club set up and didn't deliver.
Whatever is stipulated in a contract from club to player needs to be provided from CLUB to PLAYER.
I didn't like the fact he gassed his mouth off about us either but, I love our club to pieces but our club hasn't been the angel you think has been.
There was more than one player that had not received TPAs who departed our side at the end of that year.
And words spread in the footy circles that if a a club doesn't look after players by delivering on the TPA's which we didn't than its going to be hard to land quality players which we really haven't since.
Please enlighten us how the club set up a TPA and did not deliver?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!


Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:13 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:04 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:58 pm
Nelson wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:59 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:23 pm


We still owed him money for three years after he left us that's why he said and did what he did, I think he was a rubbish player most of his career but if my employer owed me money i don't think i would be out singing his praises.
Id do the same thing and demand what was in the contract to be honoured.
Be hard for him to say good things when he left the way he did.
He was owed a TPA and given we seem to be a club that actually does them legitimately, it was at arms length from the club. No doubt he was accustomed to TPA's being dealt with differently at the Roosters. The club did not owe him anything. This was nothing to bag the club about and not something that made us "unprofessional". What is "unprofessional" is a commentator letting his petty, bitter grievances influence everything he says about a club. It's not hard to objectively commentate on the game when you're being paid to do it.
Yeah it was third party payment that the club set up and didn't deliver.
Whatever is stipulated in a contract from club to player needs to be provided from CLUB to PLAYER.
I didn't like the fact he gassed his mouth off about us either but, I love our club to pieces but our club hasn't been the angel you think has been.
There was more than one player that had not received TPAs who departed our side at the end of that year.
And words spread in the footy circles that if a a club doesn't look after players by delivering on the TPA's which we didn't than its going to be hard to land quality players which we really haven't since.
Please enlighten us how the club set up a TPA and did not deliver?
Why don't you ask your mate Braith im sure he'll tell you.

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:14 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:13 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:04 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:58 pm
Nelson wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:59 pm


He was owed a TPA and given we seem to be a club that actually does them legitimately, it was at arms length from the club. No doubt he was accustomed to TPA's being dealt with differently at the Roosters. The club did not owe him anything. This was nothing to bag the club about and not something that made us "unprofessional". What is "unprofessional" is a commentator letting his petty, bitter grievances influence everything he says about a club. It's not hard to objectively commentate on the game when you're being paid to do it.
Yeah it was third party payment that the club set up and didn't deliver.
Whatever is stipulated in a contract from club to player needs to be provided from CLUB to PLAYER.
I didn't like the fact he gassed his mouth off about us either but, I love our club to pieces but our club hasn't been the angel you think has been.
There was more than one player that had not received TPAs who departed our side at the end of that year.
And words spread in the footy circles that if a a club doesn't look after players by delivering on the TPA's which we didn't than its going to be hard to land quality players which we really haven't since.
Please enlighten us how the club set up a TPA and did not deliver?
Why don't you ask your mate Braith im sure he'll tell you.
The club should have dug in and helped the players out with getting what they had been promised>

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29179
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:19 pm

So either Mayer was lying or Bwraith was..

Mayer stated it was an external TPA not guaranteed by the Club ..at the time..it is against TPA rules for a Club to 'help out' with non-affiliated TPA's
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:35 pm

I've read the same things you guys have, Braith obviously was a commentator and had more exposure to speak his thoughts, there were several players in the same situation that didn't receive full payment.........where there's smoke there's fire and i personally think(just my opinion)that the club should have looked out for the welfare of the player whether you rate him or not because things like this whether its true or not, I believe has made it harder for us to attract star power. Because if the TPA doesn't want to deliver the club basically washes its hands of them.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:48 pm

TPA's are third party arrangements aren't they. Maybe he didn't meet the contractual arrangements of that agreement. If he did he could always take it to court.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3234
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:51 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:35 pm
I've read the same things you guys have, Braith obviously was a commentator and had more exposure to speak his thoughts, there were several players in the same situation that didn't receive full payment.........where there's smoke there's fire and i personally think(just my opinion)that the club should have looked out for the welfare of the player whether you rate him or not because things like this whether its true or not, I believe has made it harder for us to attract star power. Because if the TPA doesn't want to deliver the club basically washes its hands of them.
Yes, that's what they have to do under the salary cap. They can't just go handing over cash to players that would put them in breach of previous years salary caps or else they'll be penalised in the here and now. Anasta will have his own contract with the TPA provider and could pursue his rights in the same way as anyone who doesn't get paid in accordance with a contract. Many people in the workforce deal with these issues on a routine basis. When it comes to someone like Anasta it's hardly a "welfare" issue, the grub isn't living hand to mouth.

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:07 pm

I never once said that the club should pay the TPA.
I said they should honour a contract, As you pointed out its TPA.
I think that the club should have been in the players corner and helped out where they could.
I feel this conversation is starting to go round in circles.

Looking back through the thread.....i do agree with you about him rubbishing us on Tele any chance he got, It wasn't professional and shows just what sort of person he was off the field also.
He left the roosters because his own team mates didnt like him so maybe he rubbed a few people at the tigers the wrong way aswell, who knows.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2651
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:35 pm
Telltails wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 3:39 pm
Matt Balin - no contest even if he is the greatest bloke off the field ever, he was signed to play- and he didnt.
Going by that logic, Tame Toupu was even worse. He never played one game. Least Ballin played.
Clutching GNR - if you call playing 40 mins of football over 2yrs when we all know the motivation was to ensure that Farah was relegated to reserves, and with the knowledge that when he was signed that he had suspect knees and was no longer wanted at Manly- it was a terrible decision that didnt pay off. And that is without the ongoing drama it caused for the team, and the fans.
Not sure that the signing of Tame Toupu was that significant in comparison - but agree not a great signing.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:11 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:07 pm
I never once said that the club should pay the TPA.
I said they should honour a contract, As you pointed out its TPA.
I think that the club should have been in the players corner and helped out where they could.
I feel this conversation is starting to go round in circles.

Looking back through the thread.....i do agree with you about him rubbishing us on Tele any chance he got, It wasn't professional and shows just what sort of person he was off the field also.
He left the roosters because his own team mates didnt like him so maybe he rubbed a few people at the tigers the wrong way aswell, who knows.
How could they help out?

It was an independent TPA - not allowed to have anything to do with it.

Were they supposed to go to bat for Bwaithe with the third party? - not allowed to.

Were they supposed to pay him the TPA instead and go over the salary cap and get a huge fine?

Let's face it the guy is an absolute grub, Tiger Hater and besides that - he tells lies.

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:18 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:57 pm
Balin's 2min 48 seconds on the field produced more than all of Bwaith's games put together..

We've had many many stinkers tho...Cayless boil on the nut deserves special mention too
Of the so many many characters that have been part of Wests Tigers, remember Jackson Kaufusi aka Makasini Richter aka Lapina Kaufusi who will always be the player who told the trainer (during a game at Leichhardt Oval): "I've got a headache!!"
I kinda liked Jackson Kaufusi despite his obvious faults. I remember him throwing an uppercut one day that would have decapitated the opposition player.... if it hadn't missed by a foot.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22149
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:20 pm

Masterton wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:18 pm
tiger_one wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:57 pm
Balin's 2min 48 seconds on the field produced more than all of Bwaith's games put together..

We've had many many stinkers tho...Cayless boil on the nut deserves special mention too
Of the so many many characters that have been part of Wests Tigers, remember Jackson Kaufusi aka Makasini Richter aka Lapina Kaufusi who will always be the player who told the trainer (during a game at Leichhardt Oval): "I've got a headache!!"
I kinda liked Jackson Kaufusi despite his obvious faults. I remember him throwing an uppercut one day that would have decapitated the opposition player.... if it hadn't missed by a foot.
Had a good leap too. I remember him going up for a bomb one day, but went up way too early and was back on the ground while the ball was still in the air.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:34 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 4:58 pm
Seeing it’s so easy getting you guys off topic, who will be our next SOO player?
Twal will be the first followed by N Cleary, Gamble, Aloiai, Liddle, Nofo & Eisenhuth.

NSW have a great future ahead with loads of young talent coming through. QLD however don't have as many star players to choose from so they have to get their core group of players to stay together and carry the side.

User avatar
PrattenParkMagpie
Member
Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:38 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:07 pm
I never once said that the club should pay the TPA.
I said they should honour a contract, As you pointed out its TPA.
I think that the club should have been in the players corner and helped out where they could.
I feel this conversation is starting to go round in circles.

Looking back through the thread.....i do agree with you about him rubbishing us on Tele any chance he got, It wasn't professional and shows just what sort of person he was off the field also.
He left the roosters because his own team mates didnt like him so maybe he rubbed a few people at the tigers the wrong way aswell, who knows.
Independent TPA's are between the company/person involved, the player and his manager, it is his manager's job to set TPA's up for his client and it is his manager's job to sort it out if it goes wrong, it is in no way the responsibilty of the club to get involved, nor should they.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Post Reply