Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

PrattenParkMagpie

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:38 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:07 pm
I never once said that the club should pay the TPA.
I said they should honour a contract, As you pointed out its TPA.
I think that the club should have been in the players corner and helped out where they could.
I feel this conversation is starting to go round in circles.

Looking back through the thread.....i do agree with you about him rubbishing us on Tele any chance he got, It wasn't professional and shows just what sort of person he was off the field also.
He left the roosters because his own team mates didnt like him so maybe he rubbed a few people at the tigers the wrong way aswell, who knows.
Independent TPA's are between the company/person involved, the player and his manager, it is his manager's job to set TPA's up for his client and it is his manager's job to sort it out if it goes wrong, it is in no way the responsibilty of the club to get involved, nor should they.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:54 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 4:58 pm
Seeing it’s so easy getting you guys off topic, who will be our next SOO player?
JJ Felise or Tyson Gamble for Queensland
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 7:14 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:38 pm
Balmainian wrote:
I think that the club should have been in the players corner and helped out where they could.

Looking back through the thread.....i do agree with you about him rubbishing us on Tele any chance he got, It wasn't professional and shows just what sort of person he was off the field also.
He left the roosters because his own team mates didnt like him so maybe he rubbed a few people at the tigers the wrong way aswell, who knows.
Independent TPA's are between the company/person involved, the player and his manager, it is his manager's job to set TPA's up for his client and it is his manager's job to sort it out if it goes wrong, it is in no way the responsibilty of the club to get involved, nor should they.
That maybe technically the way things are supposed to be done.
So why was the parramatta board sacked?
The board being part of the club!!!
Melbourne in 2011?
And explanation of the roosters consistent success with TPA’s?
Even this year James Maloney accidentally conceded the panthers were sorting out his TPA for him.
To say the clubs have no involvement is being naive.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 7:28 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 7:14 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:38 pm
Balmainian wrote:

That maybe technically the way things are supposed to be done.
So why was the parramatta board sacked?
The board being part of the club!!!
Melbourne in 2011?
And explanation of the roosters consistent success with TPA’s?
Even this year James Maloney accidentally conceded the panthers were sorting out his TPA for him.
To say the clubs have no involvement is being naive.
I'm not sure what to take from that - do you think the board of our club should risk cheating and being sacked to make sure Braith Anasta gets paid? I don't want the club to cheat full stop but if they're going to do it I hope they do it for a better reason than Braith Anasta's back pay...

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:20 pm

Hey Nelson
I would hope our club would not cheat at all especially for Braith, basically I think clubs have more involvement in TPA’s then what they are suppose to.
I threw examples out there because it does show that clubs are involved and possibly that’s what happened with Anasta, I hope we weren’t cheating, personally I don’t think we had the finances to cheat, but I do believe clubs connect players with TPA’s regularly.
If it was club connected and that’s what Anasta stated.
Then who is responsible?
It’s hard when Mayer says one thing and Anasta says the other......politics i guess.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:49 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 5:19 pm
So either Mayer was lying or Bwraith was..

Mayer stated it was an external TPA not guaranteed by the Club ..at the time..it is against TPA rules for a Club to 'help out' with non-affiliated TPA's
So what would be an affiliated TPA?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:56 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:49 pm
Geo. wrote:

Mayer stated it was an external TPA not guaranteed by the Club ..at the time..it is against TPA rules for a Club to 'help out' with non-affiliated TPA's
One that is paid by Club sponsors or have a relationship with the Club and guaranteed by the Club to the player that sits outside the Cap.. Allowance under the Old CA was up to 600K paid to one or spread among players...

Under the new CBA details are unclear..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:01 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:56 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Geo. wrote:

One that is paid by Club sponsors or have a relationship with the Club and guaranteed by the Club to the player that sits outside the Cap.. Allowance under the Old CA was up to 600K paid to one or spread among players...

And that is why Harry could not provide TPA whilst he was a sponsor..

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:25 pm

Speaking of rumours .. has anyone else heard, seen or read the rumours going on at the moment about Sonny Bill Williams joining the Rorters again for the 2018 season .. !!

That’s right, apparently Sonny Bill Williams is returning to the NRL. It’s a report we’ve heard time and time again without substance, but there’s a catch this time.
According to Jimmy Smith — a former Roosters player — Sonny Bill Williams will be playing for the Roosters in 2018.
The “Big Sports Breakfast” report says that a deal has been done for Williams to return the Roosters in 2018 “as soon as his commitments with Super Rugby side Auckland were over”.
“The mail is good,” Smith said.
“From what I understand the deal is done. It will be a short stint at the end of the Super Rugby season.”
Assuming they’re talking about the Blues, that means that Williams would have to be released from his New Zealand Rugby contract, which runs through to 2019, or given a sabbatical.
That’s not the most implausible idea though — here’s the kicker.
According to Smith, New Zealand Rugby have told Williams that “He is not in their plans for the 2019 World Cup.”
Ah, yes. New Zealand Rugby are ready to completely rule out one of their key players over a year out from the World Cup. Of course!
They must be ready to cut ties on a player who started 13 games for the All Blacks last year, and has been the obvious first-choice second-five ever since he returned from his Achilles injury.
How could we miss the obvious signs?

This has gotta be a gee up .. !!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:06 am

I'd assume the SBW rumour is a gee-up, but I wouldnt write off the Roosters in actually pulling this signing off.

The Roosters are the best when it comes to getting the big names!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:52 am

snowleopard wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:01 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:56 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Geo. wrote:

And that is why Harry could not provide TPA whilst he was a sponsor..
Well I stand corrected.
I didn’t know the full ins and outs, I can see why he doesn’t have to many fans here.
Sorry for raving on about it if thats the case, cheers for the details👍

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:43 am

Surely SBW is over the hill.

How old is he now?

Messing around playing Union the last 5 years.

Let the Chooks have him I say.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:43 am

What's that? A rumour about a player signing? What's that doing in the TPA/other crap thread??!

Stay on topic people!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:01 pm

Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck set to re-sign in coming days
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=12002171
26 Feb, 2018 12:58pm
Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is set to shun a lucrative offer from New Zealand Rugby and re-sign with the Auckland-based NRL club.

The Herald understands the off-contract 24-year-old fullback is poised to knock back persistent advances from NZR and put pen to paper on a new deal with the Penrose franchise in the coming days.

The Kiwi international's re-signing will bring an end to months of speculation over his playing future with several rival NRL clubs chasing his signature and rumours rife he was set to abandon the Warriors and switch codes next year to chase an All Blacks jersey.

It remains unclear how long Tuivasa-Sheck's new deal is for but sources have indicated he is prepared to sign on long-term and that he remains commited to helping the Warriors achieve success after injury and poor results marred the last two seasons.

Tuivasa-Sheck's new contract will come as a huge coup for the Warriors ahead of the start of the NRL season next week as the club looks to rebuild after a disastrous 2017 campaign saw them miss the finals for a sixth straight season.

With coach Stephen Kearney under pressure to turn his side's fortunes around after they ended last season with a club record nine-straight defeats, Tuivasa-Sheck's re-signing will give them confidence going into their round one clash against South Sydney in Perth on March 10.

The Warriors refused to shed any light on the matter with CEO Cameron George remaining tight-lipped on how contract talks were progressing, however the Herald understands it is close to a done deal.

"We reiterate that we'd love Roger to be a part of our club's future," said George.

"He's a huge part of the Warriors and as I've said before, we have been talking with Roger and his management for some time.

"I can't offer any further comment."

Tuivasa-Sheck's manager Bruce Sharrock also refused to clarify his client's contract status but reiterated the fact he expects the situation to be resolved before he takes the field against the Rabbitohs.

"As I've said previously I do expect it to be resolved before round one," Sharrock said.

"I don't comment until it's complete."

In his first appearance of the season, Tuivasa-Sheck looked unaffected by the ongoing off-field drama as the Warriors claimed a 20-14 trial win over the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday night.

In a promising team performance, he threatened with every touch of the ball and helped create a try for centre Solomone Kata at the end of the first half of the four-tries-to-three victory at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

The signs are good that he is ready for a big season after an ACL injury limited him to just seven matches in his first year at the club in 2016.

He made a successful return last year in which he played 23 games and took the reins as the club captain before finishing the season as the Warriors Player of the Year, however the side fell well short of expectations with a 13th-place finish.

The former Sydney Roosters premiership winner was also a stand-out performer for the Kiwis throughout their failed World Cup campaign and was named as the national side's Player of the Year at the annual NZRL awards earlier this month.

Speculation linking him to a cross-code switch began during the end of season tournament and resurfaced again earlier this month after a report suggested he was set to sign the Blues Super Rugby franchise.

That story was strongly denied by Sharrock and sources at both NZR and the Blues privately dismissed the report to the Herald.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:09 pm

Sounds like he’ll remain at NZ if it’ll be settled by round 1....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:12 pm

Damn ...we thought we had him..

cmon on the gamchanger
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:43 am
What's that? A rumour about a player signing? What's that doing in the TPA/other crap thread??!

Stay on topic people!
:lol:
:sign:

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:57 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:12 pm
Damn ...we thought we had him..

cmon on the gamchanger
:lol: I wish I had a dollar for every time you've posted that comment, I'd be a very rich man! We never ever get the game changers, NEVER!