Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

bathursttiger

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 2:29 pm

Milky wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 12:39 pm
Would 100% take Tedesco back, the Roosters have ruined him
That's because the Rorters don't know how to offload, a club build on greed it's all about me not the team.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:47 pm

The Queen wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 8:25 pm
LARDS wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 6:49 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 6:39 pm
The Queen wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 5:34 pm
At the roosters game and the rioters fans are talking Tedesco wants out life's a beach
Life as a capon eh?
Haha. Had to google that.

capon/ˈkeɪp(ə)n/
noun

a castrated domestic cock fattened for eating
A bit like that i guess it must be hard for him not being the star of the team

Ivan should offer him a 3 year contract at 650K ayear with the promise to make him a better team player
That might actually be a good deal for us. But I want Easts to load his contract by 250K

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 4:22 pm

Said it from the start

Tui is just not good enough........ shows promise but is inconsistent and quite lazy

A fullback is such an important position as well, look at the other 15 NRL clubs and all of them are better than Tui . Seriously try name me one......

akpinareren1

Post by akpinareren1 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 4:49 pm

Honestly barba is just what we need, a fast skillfull playmaking fullback. I would be happy if went for barba or isaako. This gildart lad doesn’t seem quick for my liking and would hammered if naiqama’s physique can’t even dent the line.

Watching the dragons i realised We lack big bodies that actually go forward. Compare sims to rochow, rochow lacks grit. Lawrence has butter fingers. Geez oh geez i’m worried.
Did anyone else notice how disorganised the team looked when benji came off, that was scary.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 4:55 pm

akpinareren1 wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 4:49 pm

Honestly barba is just what we need, a fast skillfull playmaking fullback. I would be happy if went for barba or isaako. This gildart lad doesn’t seem quick for my liking and would hammered if naiqama’s physique can’t even dent the line.

Watching the dragons i realised We lack big bodies that actually go forward. Compare sims to rochow, rochow lacks grit. Lawrence has butter fingers. Geez oh geez i’m worried.
Did anyone else notice how disorganised the team looked when benji came off, that was scary.
You had me interested until you mentioned Barba and then you put crap on Lawrence and Rochow - have you been watching any of the games at all? - doesn't seem like it.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 5:00 pm

Milky wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 12:39 pm
Would 100% take Tedesco back, the Roosters have ruined him
Lol, he's hardly ruined. As much as i despise his ethics he is a class player. Besides if anybody had ruined Teddy, i think it would only be fair to put the blame squarely at the feet of Teddy himself and that filthy grub player manager he has.

akpinareren1

Post by akpinareren1 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 5:11 pm

Maybe we can even poach taniela paseka back from manly since they are having cap problems

akpinareren1

Post by akpinareren1 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 5:14 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 4:55 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:

You had me interested until you mentioned Barba and then you put crap on Lawrence and Rochow - have you been watching any of the games at all? - doesn't seem like it.
I’ve been watching every game. I was comparing rochow to someone like seems who actually has some impact to the game. If you’ve been watching the games you would also know lawrence drops the ball every few hit ups.... and what exactly is wrong with barba, at one point he was the form fullback in the nrl

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 5:54 pm

Hopefully Ivan is moving on from these Tui and Tedesco fantasies and has someone else in mind.
Its an opinion!

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 6:51 pm

I used to get irate about Lawrence dropping the ball a lot but I realised it’s the close-range, no look bullet passes from Luke Brooks with the opposition right on top of Lawrence that brings him undone. Seriously, they are low percentage passes.
I’ve really opened my eyes to Lawrence this year and have a huge respect for a legend that punches way above his weight and gives everything! Not many players are willing or able to move into the forward pack after a cosy life on the wing - ala the big sheila Tony Williams.
We’ll see when it’s time for golden boy Marsters to get dirty and make the transition.
Difference being Lawrence is tough but still has the speed to leave players in his wake.
We missed him last week.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:00 pm

akpinareren1 wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 5:14 pm

I’ve been watching every game. I was comparing rochow to someone like seems who actually has some impact to the game. If you’ve been watching the games you would also know lawrence drops the ball every few hit ups.... and what exactly is wrong with barba, at one point he was the form fullback in the nrl
7 errors in 6 games is hardly dropping it every few hit ups...and some (not all) of the drops have been off some ordinary passes at the line.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:19 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:00 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:

7 errors in 6 games is hardly dropping it every few hit ups...and some (not all) of the drops have been off some ordinary passes at the line.
Exactly.

Think we can do better than "Last chance Barba" -wrong culture for the Tigers Imo.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 8:08 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:19 pm
Nelson wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:00 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:

Exactly.

Think we can do better than "Last chance Barba" -wrong culture for the Tigers Imo.
Barba is probably a horrible person but he’s a hell of a player. Would be a huge upgrade.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 8:24 pm

I have no problem with Barba.
You live and learn by your mistakes.
And I am sure some of the distractions would be cheering before long when he ignites our backline.
A definite “yes” but will the SG prediction become reality?

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 8:37 pm

Signup Corey Oates. Absolute machine.

akpinareren1

Post by akpinareren1 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 8:47 pm

Yeah corey oats would be great for under 450

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 8:48 pm

akpinareren1 wrote:

Too bad we won't be able to get him until 2020. He'll be 30 turning 31 by the time we get him. A little too old to be signing for me.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 8:57 pm

Anthony Don and Anthony Gelling would do me out of the off contract players.

I would also look at the possiblity of Jai field and Kurt Mann getting early releases. Both under utilised. Kurt Mann would be a massive signing. So strong, can play anywhere. Would be a great fullback given time and right coaching. If not, would be good at left centre.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS