Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:45 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:39 am
Geo. wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:21 am
If Ritchie's reports are accurate and Ivan Cleary will abandon the bus in 2020 to link with his son at the Broncos he may well as go now as far as I'm concerned..
If its anywhere near accurate Pascoe needs to drag him into his office and sorting this mess out. We have record membership and a swell of support.

This needs to be knocked on its head.

First question i would ask is what role has you and your sons ongoing contract rumours played in our mid season slump. have you started to lose the players respect?


Settle down peeps.

The media are clearly circling for a stoty and preying on the venurable

There nothing to it apart from all the good coaches tied up so makes sense they will go after ivan and nathan as a pagage deal.

Nathan more likely alone.

Do u think ivan will pack up his family again to Brisbane


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:48 am

Two weeks in a row now the team has walked into the sheds at half time and not come out. Its something like 58-0 in the second half against us.

Around here when that kind of thing happens its because the players are not buying into what the coach is saying.

Not sure if this is the case but it would be hypocritical of Cleary to ask his players to invest in a system that he himself is looking to get out of.
Its an opinion!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3879
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:54 am

Well, getting a good chuckle out of the previous couple of pages, even Col's pearls of wisdom.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1187
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:56 am

People need to chill.

Of course Ivan will be in demand when he comes off contract, just like every other half-decent coach in the NRL.

If we have the money to make him a competitive offer, and are operating in a professional manner off the field, then we are in the box seat to re-sign him.

If not, then we will sign another coach, and life goes on.

I wonder if the broncos or storm fans went into meltdown each time Bennet or Bellamy were linked to another club.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5335
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:56 am

I believe Ivan just purchased a new property. As did Nathan, they wont be living together soon.

All this Ivan/Nathan package deal is rubbish. Clearly the coach is trying to pump up Nathans price.

Nathan will probably remain at Penrith. Yes they did his dad wrong but they haven’t done him wrong. They’re facilities are far superior to every clubs except Brisbane and they will be able to match every clubs offer.

The club should re-sign Ivan and put this to bed..


User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5335
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:57 am

By the way...Parra need a halfback and coach...Ivan/Nathan are coming off contract...SCOOP?

Geez pay me as a journo

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:58 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:48 am
Two weeks in a row now the team has walked into the sheds at half time and not come out. Its something like 58-0 in the second half against us.

Around here when that kind of thing happens its because the players are not buying into what the coach is saying.

Not sure if this is the case but it would be hypocritical of Cleary to ask his players to invest in a system that he himself is looking to get out of.
Its okay mate the world is not ending yet. Try to be positive. Its the opposite to negative.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:59 am

When did nathan say he would make a decision was it november this year???? Going to be a circus.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:01 am

Milky wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:56 am
I believe Ivan just purchased a new property. As did Nathan, they wont be living together soon.

All this Ivan/Nathan package deal is rubbish. Clearly the coach is trying to pump up Nathans price.

Nathan will probably remain at Penrith. Yes they did his dad wrong but they haven’t done him wrong. They’re facilities are far superior to every clubs except Brisbane and they will be able to match every clubs offer.

The club should re-sign Ivan and put this to bed..
Stuff penrith.

Working for the man that punted your dad is a moral sin.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:02 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:58 am
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:48 am
Two weeks in a row now the team has walked into the sheds at half time and not come out. Its something like 58-0 in the second half against us.

Around here when that kind of thing happens its because the players are not buying into what the coach is saying.

Not sure if this is the case but it would be hypocritical of Cleary to ask his players to invest in a system that he himself is looking to get out of.
Its okay mate the world is not ending yet. Try to be positive. Its the opposite to negative.

Im ok, thanks for the concern.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5738
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:26 am

Abraham wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:56 am
People need to chill.

Of course Ivan will be in demand when he comes off contract, just like every other half-decent coach in the NRL.

If we have the money to make him a competitive offer, and are operating in a professional manner off the field, then we are in the box seat to re-sign him.

If not, then we will sign another coach, and life goes on.

I wonder if the broncos or storm fans went into meltdown each time Bennet or Bellamy were linked to another club.
Agreed. I read the story, doesn't say anything one way or the other about Tigers. A whole bunch of fans has taken this as an indicating that we aren't even in the running, then they're off making plans for 2021, "oh but what if Ivan signs elsewhere, do we punt him for 2020?" Blah blah blah

The bloke is barely over 1 year into a 3.5 year deal, and a club being interested in him, or even approaching him, doesn't really mean anything. You don't think every top coach or top player has all the clubs approaching the manager about their plans?

And besides, I'm concurrently reading a whole bunch of other threads where people are saying Ivan can't coach, he recruits OTH busted players, he subs poorly, he can't get a team motivated all season etc. etc. So are those folks happy for Broncos to take him off our hands?

Such over-reactions, I know it's a noisy few, but when did a single article or bit of social media rumour drive such real-world concerns? Knee-jerk supporting. Worry about what Ivan does when he chooses to do it.

Also ignores the 50 articles from earlier in the year about IC and NC wanting to play with each other and suggestions Nathan will join the Tigers.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:32 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:01 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:56 am
I believe Ivan just purchased a new property. As did Nathan, they wont be living together soon.

All this Ivan/Nathan package deal is rubbish. Clearly the coach is trying to pump up Nathans price.

Nathan will probably remain at Penrith. Yes they did his dad wrong but they haven’t done him wrong. They’re facilities are far superior to every clubs except Brisbane and they will be able to match every clubs offer.

The club should re-sign Ivan and put this to bed..
Stuff penrith.

Working for the man that punted your dad is a moral sin.
:roll

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5423
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:37 am

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:26 am
Abraham wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:56 am
People need to chill.

Of course Ivan will be in demand when he comes off contract, just like every other half-decent coach in the NRL.

If we have the money to make him a competitive offer, and are operating in a professional manner off the field, then we are in the box seat to re-sign him.

If not, then we will sign another coach, and life goes on.

I wonder if the broncos or storm fans went into meltdown each time Bennet or Bellamy were linked to another club.
Agreed. I read the story, doesn't say anything one way or the other about Tigers. A whole bunch of fans has taken this as an indicating that we aren't even in the running, then they're off making plans for 2021, "oh but what if Ivan signs elsewhere, do we punt him for 2020?" Blah blah blah

The bloke is barely over 1 year into a 3.5 year deal, and a club being interested in him, or even approaching him, doesn't really mean anything. You don't think every top coach or top player has all the clubs approaching the manager about their plans?

And besides, I'm concurrently reading a whole bunch of other threads where people are saying Ivan can't coach, he recruits OTH busted players, he subs poorly, he can't get a team motivated all season etc. etc. So are those folks happy for Broncos to take him off our hands?

Such over-reactions, I know it's a noisy few, but when did a single article or bit of social media rumour drive such real-world concerns? Knee-jerk supporting. Worry about what Ivan does when he chooses to do it.

Also ignores the 50 articles from earlier in the year about IC and NC wanting to play with each other and suggestions Nathan will join the Tigers.
I have to agree jirskyr,most managers start looking for their clients interest well before their current contract ends,they never try to leave things to the last minute as was shown by I.Moses in the last debacle..they are merely having a look at options,but once again it will be Ivans decision if he wants to leave...

The one thing I will say is that Ivan came here to stabilise the club and team,he has had most things his own way including recruits,I doubt he would leave during his contract and leave unfinished business behind..it doesnt seem to be his demenour...I dont know the exact circumstances in relation to the warriors,but I dont think he would have left of his own accord without finishing his contractual agreement...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:56 am

If we were lucky enough, Nathan may come here then there’d be no doubt that Ivan would stay.
But seriously , is there ONE person in this forum , that actually believes that a parent of a top young footballer would advise their son to come to WTs as we are at this moment?
Except if that person could see a major overhaul of most things involving the club,
Such an overhaul, as far as players are concerned, has been complicated by the purchase of a group of players that in most cases isn’t any better than those who were already here. But will still soak up cap space unless they can be persuaded to go.
But , who would take them?

Ivan is In the position to see what the future looks like here, (unlike us), and unless he can see some real furure here, he could only have one thing to say to Nathan , and that would be to go to the Roosters or Broncos , or any of the other top teams,(or Stay at Penrith)

I really don’t know one father that would say any different
And as far as I can see, I still can’t see any evidence that we can attract the type of players that would be needed to attract a player like Nathan,

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 9:10 am

WT2K wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:32 pm
Telltails wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:28 pm
We just dont even seem to be in the race if you listen to the media in regard to the Clearys. Broncos and Roosters both going to offer whatever it takes, and you cant discount Gould/Panthers.
We dont even get a mention.
Which is the disheartening part. Might well be looking for a new coach yet again.
SIGH! You guys just kill me. Swallow another fish!

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:49 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:01 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:57 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:35 pm


I have faith in the coach. We also have locked up our pathways from Concord to the Southern Highlands. I like the long term strategic approach.

Our last 2 months of footy have been poor which is the case when the whips start cracking our lack of talent shows. Effort can’t win games against better teams on paper when they are desperate. Sadly even the Titans, Raiders have more talent.
What's news on the pathways front? I really need something to cling to atm.
This only helps a bit. We need to focus on the kids in SW Sydney and make sure we secure the best young players there are. We would currently rank last out of all Sydney clubs in terms of both the attractiveness to prospective juniors and success rate in signing the best young local players.

As long as we keep losing the best local kids to the Roosters, Eels, Panthers etc it doesn't really matter about having a pathway for players in the southern highlands. The volume is vastly different.

It's good to cover regional areas - don't get me wrong but we need to get our backyard in order first.
Did it do us any good fostering young talent - get them to the point of some reward and someone else pinches them.

Why???

You just buy them like the Rorters. Cheaper in the long run.
I'm still waiting on us to poach other team's young guns. Why haven't we already started doing this? We've got the money, we've got openings in first grade. Yet nothing.

Half the young guns we'd be trying to poach are probably from SW Sydney anyway!

Twal perhaps the only one? But he wasn't even wanted at Parra.

I'd expect to see about 10 highly promising juniors joining us over the next few months

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 9:26 am

Have a feeling we could make a move for Michael Jennings if Parra release him, As i said though just a feeling.

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 9:31 am

Was only last year that the Broncos were going to get Ash Taylor back but he extended his deal at the Titans instead .

Post Reply