Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

iofthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri 21 Oct, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by iofthetigers » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:20 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:37 pm
Brisbane media have been saying for over a month that TPJ is a done deal but nothing official so who knows why it hasn't been announced. My guess with the amount of guys off contract(all will want upgrades) they are trying to achieve some creative accounting to keep them all.
It is due to the uncertainty of the coaching position & what happens with Bennett, as soon as it is cleared up there will be a number of resignings


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3109
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 8:22 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 7:04 pm
what about konrad hurrell, seems he is on the outer at the titans.
Too many mistakes in him. No point in getting him when he already have Fonua on the books (in my opinion)...

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 9:09 pm

The young Dragons' second row forward, Jackson Ford, has a bit going for him. Seems like a real goer who is a handful with the ball around 100kgs and six two. I wondered if he is any relation to the Ford from Gerringong who played for the Eels with Mick Cronin and noticed he is from Gerrigong as well., Good pedigree.

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2280
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 9:12 pm

Peter Ford i think was his name.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 9:17 pm

tigerbenji wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 9:12 pm
Peter Ford i think was his name.
That;s right. Thanks for reminding me. Peter Ford was a good lock forward (in the great lock forward era, not props masquerading as lock forwards).

Zac Lomax wouldn't be a bad centre target as well, I'm sure he signed up but he is a fine prospect., The Dragons also have a Cross (son of John Cross), a Morris (son of slippery), Sailior (son of Wendall) and there is also at least one ofther son of a former Steeler great playing for the Dragons,


Tiger78
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Tiger78 » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:45 am

Four players i would like us to have a crack at Jonus Pearson , Robert Jennings for the backs and Peni Terepo , Rhyse Martin in the forwards. All these guys wouldnt be on big dollars and imo would add to our squad. And would still leave a big chunk of cash if the right big name player comes on to the market

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7519
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:54 am

Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
Four players i would like us to have a crack at Jonus Pearson , Robert Jennings for the backs and Peni Terepo , Rhyse Martin in the forwards. All these guys wouldnt be on big dollars and imo would add to our squad. And would still leave a big chunk of cash if the right big name player comes on to the market
X2 for Martin.
Good goal kicker too.


I also like Tepai Moeroa @ Parra too.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tiger78
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Tiger78 » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 12:34 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:54 am
Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
Four players i would like us to have a crack at Jonus Pearson , Robert Jennings for the backs and Peni Terepo , Rhyse Martin in the forwards. All these guys wouldnt be on big dollars and imo would add to our squad. And would still leave a big chunk of cash if the right big name player comes on to the market
X2 for Martin.
Good goal kicker too.


I also like Tepai Moeroa @ Parra too.
Yeah i am a fan of Moeroa as well , big and runs a good hole. Parra dont really use him to their advantage too often close to the line he is hard to stop.

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 2:04 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:54 am
Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
Four players i would like us to have a crack at Jonus Pearson , Robert Jennings for the backs and Peni Terepo , Rhyse Martin in the forwards. All these guys wouldnt be on big dollars and imo would add to our squad. And would still leave a big chunk of cash if the right big name player comes on to the market
X2 for Martin.
Good goal kicker too.


I also like Tepai Moeroa @ Parra too.
Moeroa is lazy . 1 big run then goes missing .

Terepo is better

TigerBlood93
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu 10 May, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by TigerBlood93 » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 9:21 pm

I will neck myself :bash
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (123.15 KiB) Viewed 720 times

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:36 am

Nelson wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:57 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
With us zero chance of signing a top notch player at the height of their game we should be looking at players who are road blocked at the good clubs, or players who are In the top 17 at good clubs who are on average money because of salary cap constraints. We need some big fast and competitive players ...both forwards and backs.

I know easier said than done, but their must be some real quality at clubs like Penrith,Sharks, Storm,Chooks and Dragons caught in a road block. A bloke like Joe Stimson at the Storm is one who comes to mind. Okay they might be under contract, but contracts can be broken
Hoffman retires at the end of the year though and Stimson is probably a fair chance of partnering Kaufusi in the 2nd row at Melbourne next year.
is he related to the legend Mark Stimson? If he is maybe we have a chance to get him. i remember Mark Stimson's comeback game in reserve grade after his accident losing 4 toes and doing a forward flip for a try in reserve grade. Great day.

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am

can all on this forum believe that at present there is not one creditable lead to us signing any players for 2019. even the crap sides have had major signings but not us.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:57 am

bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
can all on this forum believe that at present there is not one creditable lead to us signing any players for 2019. even the crap sides have had major signings but not us.
Moses and Farah?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:06 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:57 am
bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
can all on this forum believe that at present there is not one creditable lead to us signing any players for 2019. even the crap sides have had major signings but not us.
Moses and Farah?
woh ur a genius.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21304
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:09 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:06 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:57 am
bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
can all on this forum believe that at present there is not one creditable lead to us signing any players for 2019. even the crap sides have had major signings but not us.
Moses and Farah?
woh ur a genius.
The irony

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:09 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:06 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:57 am
bp tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
can all on this forum believe that at present there is not one creditable lead to us signing any players for 2019. even the crap sides have had major signings but not us.
Moses and Farah?
woh ur a genius.
The irony
Moses was originally for 2019.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 616
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:55 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:36 am
Nelson wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:57 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
With us zero chance of signing a top notch player at the height of their game we should be looking at players who are road blocked at the good clubs, or players who are In the top 17 at good clubs who are on average money because of salary cap constraints. We need some big fast and competitive players ...both forwards and backs.

I know easier said than done, but their must be some real quality at clubs like Penrith,Sharks, Storm,Chooks and Dragons caught in a road block. A bloke like Joe Stimson at the Storm is one who comes to mind. Okay they might be under contract, but contracts can be broken
Hoffman retires at the end of the year though and Stimson is probably a fair chance of partnering Kaufusi in the 2nd row at Melbourne next year.
is he related to the legend Mark Stimson? If he is maybe we have a chance to get him. i remember Mark Stimson's comeback game in reserve grade after his accident losing 4 toes and doing a forward flip for a try in reserve grade. Great day.
Was that at LO?

I'm pretty sure i was there

He was a standout in that game if it's the one I'm thinking of

His defence was extremely strong

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 1:52 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:55 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:36 am
Nelson wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:57 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
With us zero chance of signing a top notch player at the height of their game we should be looking at players who are road blocked at the good clubs, or players who are In the top 17 at good clubs who are on average money because of salary cap constraints. We need some big fast and competitive players ...both forwards and backs.

I know easier said than done, but their must be some real quality at clubs like Penrith,Sharks, Storm,Chooks and Dragons caught in a road block. A bloke like Joe Stimson at the Storm is one who comes to mind. Okay they might be under contract, but contracts can be broken
Hoffman retires at the end of the year though and Stimson is probably a fair chance of partnering Kaufusi in the 2nd row at Melbourne next year.
is he related to the legend Mark Stimson? If he is maybe we have a chance to get him. i remember Mark Stimson's comeback game in reserve grade after his accident losing 4 toes and doing a forward flip for a try in reserve grade. Great day.
Was that at LO?

I'm pretty sure i was there

He was a standout in that game if it's the one I'm thinking of

His defence was extremely strong
lol yeah!

Post Reply